IGNORED

2013 Courtship Predictions

twin2

Duggars will only show an engagement, so I think John will be first because he is getting older and making good buisness decisions. Jill will probably be next then Jana...well, after Jana has attended another Journey of Heart because she has experienced another unkind unfeeling towards someone.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John is a young man who has repeatedly turned up at the Maxwell's in recent years. It has been speculated that he has his eye on one of the Maxwell girls, probably Anna. He is called John Marie on FJ because there is already a John Maxwell, and according to Maxwell tradition he will have to use his middle name like Anne Marie, Christopher's wife.

Thanks!

I was convinced a couple of years ago that John Marie was there for Sarah, but since so much time has gone by, I think Anna might be the one.

It does seem like she and Mary have stepped out a little with their fashions, and Anna has been "featured" on the blog quite a bit lately.

Maybe Sarah is just as content to be home, idk.

Miss Raquel will start courting the first guy she can get her hands on. Judging from her Valentine's day letter to this non-existent guy he better show up soon.

I don't know...the fame and sales power a Duggar brings may outweigh the uncouth appearance and mannerisms. After all, these are people who believe in blanket training, they'll simply "train" the hill billy out of new wife. Doesn't that sound ominous?

So kind of a low budget/fundie version of My Fair Lady?

Josiah is the only Duggar who could marry a Botkin & he is far too young.

I really want Jana & Lawson Bates to have a courtship. I think he's the best she could possibly get without bolting.

Lawson might be too young for Jana. Plus I doubt he's ready to buy his own home. He keeps giving "loans" to his parents and siblings.

John is a young man who has repeatedly turned up at the Maxwell's in recent years. It has been speculated that he has his eye on one of the Maxwell girls, probably Anna. He is called John Marie on FJ because there is already a John Maxwell, and according to Maxwell tradition he will have to use his middle name like Anne Marie, Christopher's wife.

OT; a friend's middle name is Marie, and we only used it to rebuke her, 'Katie Marie.' Now, all of cats, children, etc, get called '[first name] Marie' when they're misbehaving. Is this a thing that other people do?

OT; a friend's middle name is Marie, and we only used it to rebuke her, 'Katie Marie.' Now, all of cats, children, etc, get called '[first name] Marie' when they're misbehaving. Is this a thing that other people do?

Ever since Anna, Christopher's wife, has been on the scene, the Maxwells have referred to her (on the blog, at least) as "Anna Marie" to distinguish her from Anna Maxwell, Steve and Teri's daughter (and Christopher's sister). Many FJers thought it was a bit weird/awkward to just start calling this woman by a name she didn't really use. So when this friend of the family named John showed up for a visit here and there, a clever member dubbed him "John Marie" since there was already a John in the Maxwell family.

I could see the Duggar's being ready to encourage a courtship/engagement/marriage for one or two of the older girls. Two or three of them should be enough to take care of the little ones, and most of the kids are old enough to not need basic care and to help out with chores. They'll probably want to keep around whichever one is best with teaching, and another one who is good with little kids.

I hope Sarah Maxwell will begin a courtship. Its got to be hard being 30 and still waiting on prince charming while living in your dads house with 2 animal crackers and no pepsi.

Now that a Bates daughter is courting, I bet the pressure is on for the Duggars to marry off one of the J'Slaves. That might be dependant on Michelle coming to terms with the fact that she's done popping them out, though.

Jana Duggar and an ATI Intern she met while working on the Journey of the Heart.

John Duggar and a Query neighbour.

A Wissmann son (Mattias) and a Reith (Southern Raised) girl - they both like to sing.

An Arndt son and a penguin. :o

I can see Jessa marrying a VF guy.

A Staddon son and an equally boring woman who blogs...

Joseph Maxwell and a non-blogging frumper wearing girl (not woman).

Sarah Malley and Mark Arndt.

Zach Bates and a Bontrager daughter - don't know why, but why not?

One of the Seven sisters and a Champion Goat Herder! :dance:

Four for you, Jana Duggar, you go Jana Duggar!

And none for Sarah Maxwell. Bye.

She should stop trying to make a courtship happen! It's never going to happen!!

I too try and use Mean Girls in real life when ever possible!!

:lol:

I think Jill and Nathan Paine. And John David and Michael. I don't know any of the rest of them well enough to speculate. Although I can see Jessa doing the VF thang.

And this whole time I thought he was French-Canadian :lol:

Jana Duggar and an ATI Intern she met while working on the Journey of the Heart.

I can see Jessa marrying a VF guy.

Sarah Malley and Mark Arndt.

I hope Jana finds someone she really likes and she picks on her own, and not settles for some Gothardite out of desperation; but as many times as she's been to the journey gives me hope that the horseshit isn't sticking :D

I think Jessa would be very hard to live with VF guy or not, I just get that vibe from her. and Sarah Malley...well lets just say that her pistons aren't firing in order enough for her to have or enjoy a real or serious marriage or relationship (She has false expectations of what to expect and what real life will be once Prince charming arrives) just a vibe i get from her...and that book of hers.

It's no picnic for any of these girls, and it's no day at the beach for the guys either if you think about it....yes they have easier but because of their Nut cake parents and the chief Nut their live are stunted and will be for a very long time.

John Marie has carolled with the Maxwells for the last two years (that we know of) and there has been no courtship. Either he is the most patient man in the world or there is another reason he visits them at Christmas every year. I don't think he is courting Anna (or Sarah). He does do business with one of the brothers - Jesse I think - so maybe that's it.

The Wissmans have an elderly daughter who needs marrying off pronto. She must be nearing 30 now.

I feel bad for the name changes for these girls/women (and joking about John Marie aside, I imagine that will happen with them, too). NR-Anna had to add her middle name. Joy-Anna had to drop Anna. Michaela Bates is now Michael, and sometimes Michal.

And what's with all the Annas?

I hope Sarah Maxwell will begin a courtship. Its got to be hard being 30 and still waiting on prince charming while living in your dads house with 2 animal crackers and no pepsi.

Not to quibble, but I'm pretty sure she is 31yo.

John Marie has carolled with the Maxwells for the last two years (that we know of) and there has been no courtship. Either he is the most patient man in the world or there is another reason he visits them at Christmas every year. I don't think he is courting Anna (or Sarah). He does do business with one of the brothers - Jesse I think - so maybe that's it.

The Wissmans have an elderly daughter who needs marrying off pronto. She must be nearing 30 now.

Isn't Anna 18? John would have to wait this long to court Anna if he fell for her, I mean God laid it on his heart, at 16.

Archived