IGNORED

Kaitlyn of LIAS has dyed her hair blue

Ms_Florence

Does it make anyone else sad that in the Interview With a Vampire post on Deanna's blog she says she still remembers being spanked for reading that book at age 8? Here's a thought, Kim and Perry - if you don't want your kids to read that, don't have it sitting out on your bookshelf. Parents who truly encourage their kids to read should understand that everything they can get their hands on is fair game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone read the post about her sexy, dagger throwing imaginary friend? Eventually they 'parted ways':

"Eventually though she became more distant. At first I wondered and felt abandoned. But as time went on I realized what she was saying. All stories have an ending. We had had many adventures together and it was time to go our separate ways. She no longer needed to shield me from the world.

We still meet sometimes. A friendship so close will always be part of me. I can’t help it. But now I must take responsibility for my own crazy ideas. She has her hands full elsewhere. But I know that she will always be at hand if I ever need her. No more than a thought away so to speak.

Beware of my dark side. She likes to jump out and scare you. "

deannasblog.com/vanessa/

Not really sure what to make of it, but it would be a weird thing for an adult to post on her blog. Would be much more at home on a middle school Live Journal page. But I can see where the need for escapism and a badass alter ego could arise...

I thought it was odd that she referred to the bedroom as "my room". Wouldn't a married person usually say "our room"?

Have no doubt Kim and Perry are as bad as any of our other fundies. Read back through blog. It will tell you all you need to know even though they can be funny, real, down to earth more than some of the others. However, i feel like Kimberly from Raising Olives makes Kim look downright liberal. Check out her blog, especially the part about scheduling her children and how conviently her daughter won't go to college because they don't believe in taking state aid. Deanna is probably trying to balance her freedom with a too young marriage and a theology that says her husband ( who works at USTA) is her headship. Why she doesnt get a job/volunteer/GO TO SCHOOL is beyond me.

Kim thinks that the risks of ectopic pregnancies have been exaggerated by the pro choice lobby and that a mother should always try to carry one to term, even if she dies in the process.

Wow. I've never liked Kim - she comes off as smug, and I can't imagine being neglectful enough to let my kids live like that - but that's putrid. When I was 2, my mother had an ectopic and was hemorrhaging. She probably would have died without emergency surgery. Fuck Kim and her fucktastic ideas that would have led to me growing up without a mother, and God bless modern medicine and the doctors who saved my mom and countless other women with ectopic pregnancies.

Only for the gym, and they are only allowed to go to the gym with Daddy. The rest of the time it's VF modern modest with a western twist.

How do you know the girls are only allowed to go to the gym with Perry?

"I had my ass handed to me by an 8 year old. I must be out of practice, because she kicked me all over that table and danced on the remains. She’s not a gracious winner either. She made up a song and dance for when I scratched, and mocked me when I missed. Bloodthirsty little thug."

I was surprised Deanna said 'ass.' Do the parents swear? Is she breaking from the fold, perhaps?

ETA: and is showing her stomach in a decidedly defrauding get-up.

"I had my ass handed to me by an 8 year old. I must be out of practice, because she kicked me all over that table and danced on the remains. She’s not a gracious winner either. She made up a song and dance for when I scratched, and mocked me when I missed. Bloodthirsty little thug."

I was surprised Deanna said 'ass.' Do the parents swear? Is she breaking from the fold, perhaps?

I was wondering about that too! Here's hoping.

Deanna actually seems pretty cool, not really what I expected from someone raised fundie. The imaginary friend is certainly not fundie, I am sure most of them would think that a sexy imaginary friend who is into rather dark things would be Satan trying to get them.

I heard he was 23, not 19. And I don't think babies are in the cards for them biologically, because I heard he is a cancer survivor.

If that's true, it's astonishing. A fundie female marrying an infertile man, someone with whom she won't be able to fulfill the purpose of her life?

And with her parents' blessing?! Remember, infertility is a curse in the bible. They're giving the OK to a young man who is "cursed".

deanna also smokes and drinks ;) kims philosophy on child rearing seems to be after they get done with the chores and what ever schooling she feels like doing that day, they are on their own and gotta watch over each other... a golden retriever puppy marked up by a toddler with permanent black sharpie and pouring water down the walls to drown rats are just some of the shenanigans the lias kids have gotten up to :P

deanna also smokes and drinks ;) kims philosophy on child rearing seems to be after they get done with the chores and what ever schooling she feels like doing that day, they are on their own and gotta watch over each other... a golden retriever puppy marked up by a toddler with permanent black sharpie and pouring water down the walls to drown rats are just some of the shenanigans the lias kids have gotten up to :P

I can't get over what a lazy parent Kim is. Beneath the more worldly exterior, she's barely less lazy than Michelle Duggar.

I read that post today, after reading Deannas post about how when she was little, her and Kaitlyn dug a deep hole in the garden and buried their little sister in it, seeing whether that made the list.

Those children got up to so much bad stuff :o

I read that post today, after reading Deannas post about how when she was little, her and Kaitlyn dug a deep hole in the garden and buried their little sister in it, seeing whether that made the list.

And Kim was like, "oh guys."

I'm shocked that someone without a job and without any children would let their bedroom get so messy that it took 2 hours to clean it up. What does she have to do all day, aside from playing with her little sisters? Also, her blog sounds like it was written by a middle schooler.

that is bad stuff to you? :roll: now im feeling bad about my childhood pranks hahaha

How do you know the girls are only allowed to go to the gym with Perry?

Cause Kim has mentioned it in comments and Perry constantly facebooks about taking the girls to the gym. The older girl, maybe even the older two, have drivers licenses. But Kim has often said that she sees no need for unmarried young women to go anywhere without a parent.

If Deanna really is smoking I find that interesting. Kim and Perry drink, but smoking is pretty out there in fundie land.

But as far as I recall the Coghlans really do preach "leave and cleave" - once a girl is married her behaviour is to be dictated by her husband.

I heard he was 23, not 19. And I don't think babies are in the cards for them biologically, because I heard he is a cancer survivor.

If that's true it's interesting that Deanna, after homeschooling and helping raise her siblings and having personal space consisting of a Costco shelf and a shelf, has chosen to pursue the only marriage available to her that would mean no children.

And it's in characteristically clear sighted of Kim and Perry to allow it and to realise that even if children are a blessing and one should leave ones womb in the lords hands, that there is still room for sex in an infertile marriage.

Cause Kim has mentioned it in comments and Perry constantly facebooks about taking the girls to the gym. The older girl, maybe even the older two, have drivers licenses. But Kim has often said that she sees no need for unmarried young women to go anywhere without a parent.

If Deanna really is smoking I find that interesting. Kim and Perry drink, but smoking is pretty out there in fundie land.

But as far as I recall the Coghlans really do preach "leave and cleave" - once a girl is married her behaviour is to be dictated by her husband.

Yes, that. Well, for the woman at least. Kim is a big believer in "biblical headship"-the husband is the head of the household, and it is the job of the wife to obey him, even when he's wrong. Even when the husband is a lying, self-righteous douchebag.

If that's true it's interesting that Deanna, after homeschooling and helping raise her siblings and having personal space consisting of a Costco shelf and a shelf, has chosen to pursue the only marriage available to her that would mean no children.

And it's in characteristically clear sighted of Kim and Perry to allow it and to realise that even if children are a blessing and one should leave ones womb in the lords hands, that there is still room for sex in an infertile marriage.

If he's infertile then I think this marriage is the best thing for Deanna assuming he's not abusive or anything. Perhaps in time she'll be able to volunteer, work or further her education.

Kim was raised by a father who smoked and Perry smoked well into their marriage. I don't know if Deanna does, as I've never read anything about that until now, but she's certainly had the family models.

Argh, I can't find the posts referencing Perry's smoking.

perry had a cigar and a brew after the birth of one of the sons but that may have been a celebratory 'i finally had a boy' thing

i think deanna smoking was on her fb page way back though she did accidentley inhale poison hemlock smoke while trash burning one time.

that is bad stuff to you? :roll: now im feeling bad about my childhood pranks hahaha

:lol: I've seen and done a lot worse with more supervision...I think it's good their every move isn't choreographed like most sad sack fundies. Poor old Seven sisters. They think it's hilarious to burn biscuits and hang drapes. Let kids be kids I say.

Archived