IGNORED

Kaitlyn of LIAS has dyed her hair blue

Ms_Florence

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=719d98dd52&view=att&th=13ce48e187824e3c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hd96k0mn0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8B9IZiGOR2sx8nJpgNN2Zj&sadet=1361044219542&sads=79QS_5KeNveux2sEXdamCgorQpw&sadssc=1

Here. This is probably the hard way, but I managed to link to it through downloading it and then uploading it to an email.

mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=719d98dd52&view=att&th=13ce48e187824e3c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hd96k0mn0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8B9IZiGOR2sx8nJpgNN2Zj&sadet=1361044219542&sads=79QS_5KeNveux2sEXdamCgorQpw&sadssc=1

Here. This is probably the hard way, but I managed to link to it through downloading it and then uploading it to an email.

thanks, but that link isnt working for me

argh. This is annoying. Starting to feel silly lol.

plus.google.com/photos/112047793664714307150/albums/5845624620568385425?authkey=CKOhro71srK9bQ

does this one work? *hopeful face*

argh. This is annoying. Starting to feel silly lol.

plus.google.com/photos/112047793664714307150/albums/5845624620568385425?authkey=CKOhro71srK9bQ

does this one work? *hopeful face*

yess that works, thanks!!!! :D

I don't think even Perry would make his girls go to the gym in a skirt lol. Don't want anyone getting a defrauding free view!

But you would think he'd at least insist on calf length sweat pants.

Kim and Perry seem to be much more relaxed about modest clothing.

Only for the gym, and they are only allowed to go to the gym with Daddy. The rest of the time it's VF modern modest with a western twist.

I am totally confused about them. Sometimes I think I like them...a little. Yeah the patriarch and all that but they are creative, and not just cross stich and knitting, and the parents are encouraging them to find (suitable) love. They are more open about all facets of life.

Are the parents encouraging them to find suitable love? Deanna married, after courtship and very young, a home schooled VF boy from their church. The other girls are too young to court.

Perry is an appalling ignorant redneck know it all. His Facebook is one long list of offensive right wing cliches about guns (good), Obama (bad), abortion (very bad).

Kim and Perry are second generation QF homeschoolers and hit pretty much all the targets for uneducated patriarchal repression and legalism.

The fact that Kim drinks the occasional glass of wine, the girls go to the gym under the chaperonage of Perry and they let their daughters read VF approved public domain works on their kindles doesn't really counter the horrors of their lifestyle and opinions. Kim thinks that the risks of ectopic pregnancies have been exaggerated by the pro choice lobby and that a mother should always try to carry one to term, even if she dies in the process.

Are the parents encouraging them to find suitable love? Deanna married, after courtship and very young, a home schooled VF boy from their church. The other girls are too young to court.

Perry is an appalling ignorant redneck know it all. His Facebook is one long list of offensive right wing cliches about guns (good), Obama (bad), abortion (very bad).

Kim and Perry are second generation QF homeschoolers and hit pretty much all the targets for uneducated patriarchal repression and legalism.

The fact that Kim drinks the occasional glass of wine, the girls go to the gym under the chaperonage of Perry and they let their daughters read VF approved public domain works on their kindles doesn't really counter the horrors of their lifestyle and opinions. Kim thinks that the risks of ectopic pregnancies have been exaggerated by the pro choice lobby and that a mother should always try to carry one to term, even if she dies in the process.

Ha. Yeah. They are pretty awful when you put it like that. I meant suitable partners from the parents point of view, too. Not to the kids...as if that would happen. I guess reading way too much 7 sisters is messing with my mind :lol:

At least they know what sex is. Sort of. They won't be SAHD at least, which drives me up the freaking wall. But ok. It's no consolation from a big picture standpoint.

Are the parents encouraging them to find suitable love? Deanna married, after courtship and very young, a home schooled VF boy from their church...

Was he a homeschooled vf boy? I keep reading this here, but I thought he was a normal mainstream type. Nerdy, but not a zombie. Wasn't he going to UTSA?

Was he a homeschooled vf boy? I keep reading this here, but I thought he was a normal mainstream type. Nerdy, but not a zombie. Wasn't he going to UTSA?

Shegot to know him in a homeschool group and he goes to their church. I'm just assuming VF, and I may well be wrong, but VF isn't anti higher education for boys like ATI is.

According to Deanna, he's a gamer. And she has a blog... deannasblog [dot] com.

According to Deanna, he's a gamer. And she has a blog... deannasblog [dot] com.

Yikes! That whole blog really reads like it was written by a 12 year old. A married 12 year old.

Being married to a gamer has been different than I would have thought at first. I knew from the start that video games are what he does in his playtime, but somehow I always assumed that he would automatically know what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it, and suggest it and be eager to do it even before I realized I wanted to do it. Don’t laugh at me.

Instead, the last few months have been a learning experience for me. I am learning that it’s harder to live one-on-one with another person than I originally thought, and I’m also learning that it’s not all about what I want to do at the moment.

Interesting that she admits this. I highly doubt she is the first person to think this way - especially a fundy girl who has been taught that if she follows all the rules her marriage will be perfect. Of course that would involve mindreading.

Otherwise, I have to agree with you, Widget... it kind-of sounds like my sister (in middle school) but married. Which is kind-of a scary thought. I guess you can't expect more though with an SODRT education (I think?) and considering this is her first taste of real freedom. She is probably like Josh Duggar in that she is having kind-of a delayed teen years thing going on.

Interesting that she admits this. I highly doubt she is the first person to think this way - especially a fundy girl who has been taught that if she follows all the rules her marriage will be perfect. Of course that would involve mindreading.

Otherwise, I have to agree with you, Widget... it kind-of sounds like my sister (in middle school) but married. Which is kind-of a scary thought. I guess you can't expect more though with an SODRT education (I think?) and considering this is her first taste of real freedom. She is probably like Josh Duggar in that she is having kind-of a delayed teen years thing going on.

That quote just makes me feel sad, and angry. I struggle to understand why parents would want to yoke their kids for life to someone they barely know, with no get-out clause if things don't work out. Things might work out fine for her, but what if they don't? What if his gaming becomes compulsive, and she finds herself looking after a billion kids and doing all the chores while he sits on his rear? Resentment is going to build and they are both going to live miserable lives, with no chance of happiness elsewhere. Obviously not all marriages work out even if they have dated or lived together first, but at least you get a chance to get to know someone better first.

I just hope they don't have kids any time soon, but I'm actually surprised she isn't pregnant already.

Him playing video games every spare moment he gets? Totally normal 19 year old behaviour, especially considering that he's probably never had unrestricted computer game access before. Deanna should enjoy being a teenage girl for the first time in her life. with no younger siblings to take care of.

And enjoy that double bed! It must be heaven after Costco shelving and three inches of foam.

Did they need her shelf and that was their reasoning? I'm sure for her life is much better married then living at home but I do hope there are no babies for them for awhile.

I just hope they don't have kids any time soon, but I'm actually surprised she isn't pregnant already.

Him playing video games every spare moment he gets? Totally normal 19 year old behaviour, especially considering that he's probably never had unrestricted computer game access before. Deanna should enjoy being a teenage girl for the first time in her life. with no younger siblings to take care of.

And enjoy that double bed! It must be heaven after Costco shelving and three inches of foam.

I heard he was 23, not 19. And I don't think babies are in the cards for them biologically, because I heard he is a cancer survivor.

I heard he was 23, not 19. And I don't think babies are in the cards for them biologically, because I heard he is a cancer survivor.

heard where?

I dont think the blue hair is a permanent dye, because deanna wrote this on her blog:

My parent’s rule about hair dyeing and piercings always has been “If you want to make permanent changes to your appearance, you need to wait and ask for your husband’s input on the subject.â€

And kaitlyn is not married yet..so its strange

Archived