IGNORED

Christian MRA apologist-women can't help sleeping with alpha

lilah

I've read a lot of the pick-up-artist books out of sheer curiosity. Believe it or not, I found much of their writings not to be inherently sexist. For example, want to pick up a woman at a bar and get her to have sex with you? These books recommend:

• 0. Getting in good shape
    1. Being a fascinating conversationalist
    2. Making her and her friends laugh
    3. Inviting her to your place in a smooth and natural way
    4. Getting her comfortable before you make a move (they have a checklist for this)
    5. Not getting upset if she says no at any time

Which really isn't bad advice and I can see it working for any sex/gender combination. The PUA people add a layer of misogynistic shit over this though.

My understanding of the reason it works is that people are more willing to have one-night-stands with people of higher status. The PUA people go into great detail about how to fake higher status. Status here being defined as social class and/or the ability to spend your time doing interesting things of your own choosing. The kicker is that most of them, it seems, don't ultimately want one-night-stands they want girlfriends. It's really hard for them to turn off the I'm-faking-that-I'm-cooler-than-you and a lot of the manipulative extra shit that goes along with the checklist above.

Anyone else have a weird fascination with the PUA community? Not like they'd ever be coming on to me! :)

I haven't read any of the books or spent any time interacting with that...community...so this comment might be totally wrong. However, I think what rankles is the idea that some people take up this approach as though it is a formula, which implies that women are machines. Some feminist blogger referred to it as a vending machine approach: insert _____ , receive sex.

I have a feeling that Step 5 above goes over like a lead balloon with men who have been socialized to feel entitled to women's attention and bodies, and so it probably gets ignored a lot in practice. In the context of a deeply sexist society, a "formula" like this is just date rape waiting to happen, in my opinion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15? Amateur. :snooty:

Tell me about it!

It takes forever to shop, and the next guy who thrusts so hard he makes me drop my coupons is getting a talking-to, I tell ya!

Anyone else have a weird fascination with the PUA community? Not like they'd ever be coming on to me! :)

I had never heard of the PUA community until the author of the book, Neil Strauss, did an AMA on reddit. I was fascinated and appalled at the same time. Dudes really want to boil everything down to a checklist, a spreadsheet, or a powerpoint presentation, don't they? The fact that they study and implement a formula, then just play a numbers game [approach X number of woman and this formula works 75 percent of the time, etc.] just blows my mind. Hey loser, why don't you just try making a connection with a woman? You know, maybe act human for a change?

I haven't read the book and don't know all that much about the steps/formula but I did read where one step is to kind of insult a woman to throw her off guard and damage her confidence before they swoop in and close the deal. I think it's supposed to be somewhat subtle, like "normally I'm really turned off by big hair, but on you it looks good." If some asshole was trying to talk to me and he threw in some insult he thought was subtle, I'd be gone before his next sentence started.

Even Christian girls are wandering around with crazed ovaries and no protection by a father or husband against her own inclination to give herself to marauding alphas.

Marauding Alphas would be a good band name.

:character-beavisbutthead:

Churchians

Is this a word now? No. Just no.

:naughty:

37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

*Quick thread derail*

I'm not even supposed to be here!!!!

*back to slamming my head against the wall to get rid of the rage inducing posts* :evil:

I haven't read the book and don't know all that much about the steps/formula but I did read where one step is to kind of insult a woman to throw her off guard and damage her confidence before they swoop in and close the deal. I think it's supposed to be somewhat subtle, like "normally I'm really turned off by big hair, but on you it looks good." If some asshole was trying to talk to me and he threw in some insult he thought was subtle, I'd be gone before his next sentence started.

pickup_artist.png

Possible thread derail...

josephofjackson.wordpress.com

Its even worse than the comments...

The bible is pretty clear. You are the husband and your wife is supposed to be submissive to you. This is a major trait that you will need to look for in the women you consider to be your wife. Women hate this part of scripture. Eve brought us all into sin and there was a price for that, not only to herself but for all women born after. You should feel no shame in expecting to be obeyed the same way a king would expect it. You yourself are required to love her as if she is your own body in return, but sometimes I do things my body doesn’t like for it’s benefit. I make my body eat food that doesn’t taste amazing so that it can be healthy. I make my body workout so that my muscles can grow. I fast so that my flesh will be reminded that I am it’s master and we are now bound to righteousness and not sin. These things my body does not like, but I do them because I love my body. It was a gift from my father and the only reason it suffers is because of our sin not His wrongdoing. Likewise, you may ask your wife to do things that she also doesn’t enjoy, as long as it is for her benefit and you are tending to her as you would your own body. A woman who will not submit to this is no helpmeet.

Possible thread derail...

josephofjackson.wordpress.com

Its even worse than the comments...

And once more I am glad that I don't believe in the Bible, don't hold with the concept of "sin" and get to eat food that does taste amazing. Seriously, mate, if your food tastes bad, try spices. :roll:

Tell me about it!

It takes forever to shop, and the next guy who thrusts so hard he makes me drop my coupons is getting a talking-to, I tell ya!

Where is this store? I might head that way on my vacation. Cause I sure ain't getting any action around here.

Well, this is interesting. I just received an email from a guy in my Bible study.

Well there you have it. I haven’t fallen into fornication for the last 10 years of my life so my testimony is shit. Jesus and the truth be damned folks, it’s the testimony that saves. Apparently what I need to do is go live in sin for a few years, get my notch count above 100, have a minimum of 3 STD’s, and have a fresh girl attend the class with me every week so that my mojo is unquestionable. I’ll figure out something to get through to this guy, but just be warned, Jesus doesn’t save, the testimony does……………………………(scratches head).

What the hell is this guy teaching in his bible study class that would involve a student talking about how the number of his sex partners?

and

We started by reading the study notes from the pastor on marriage from the sermon this Sunday. It was fairly generic, but always approaching from a position of weakness with the woman. Direct Quote “please tell 3 ways that I can better serve you in our marriageâ€. For a guy who understands the basics of game, this is like kryptonite

and

But when I used the example of “tell your wife to wash the dishesâ€, his shields were up and he wasn’t having anything else for the rest of the night. The idea that he might actually be able to tell his wife to wash dishes and that she is in sin if she doesn’t obey is as foreign to him as a martian sunrise.

Holy Fucking Misogynist Batman! That JosephinJackson guy is scary! I think FJ needs to keep an eye on him and this Dragon Lady as well. It never ceases to amaze me how similar the various forms of fundyism are, despite what they see as huge differences. The basic way of life of fundy protestants, Jews, Catholics, and Muslims is not really all that different, even though they would happily all kill each other, or at least damn each other to hell. Basic rules: 1) women are ebil, 2) men rule the ebil women and can do whatever they want, 3) ebil women stay at home and raise as many childnen as they can pop out, 4) ebil women shall not be educated. Oh for life to be so simple.

Oh, this is disgusting.

Can I take a minute to mention how much I HATE this "alpha" and "beta" male business? People aren't animals and the swaggering, "intense alpha" PUAs only embarrass themselves. No overwhelming lust here!

MRA--never heard of this. Can someone post a quick synopsis? Thanks!

Edited to say I'm no longer plaid! Time for a celebratory whiskey.

The ultimate "what about the menz?" argument from Joseph of Jackson:

So let’s sum up. I do not consider rape to be a laughing matter because you have stolen something from someone else. The punishment for the man wasn’t only that he had to pay for it, but that he had to live with her and was unable to divorce her. We all know how nasty women can be today, imagine being forced to live with a woman you raped and never being able to leave.

And once more I am glad that I don't believe in the Bible, don't hold with the concept of "sin" and get to eat food that does taste amazing. Seriously, mate, if your food tastes bad, try spices. :roll:

Anyone else get the vibe that the concept of "wife" to him is more theory than actuality.

MANBOOBZ is a good site following the MRA PUA etc "movement." He also talks abt the nonthinking housewife there. Anyway, it seems that most MRAs do not think they are alpha males. They know they are beta and thats why they cant get t he hot chicks...who clearly owe them sex. It is all very sad.

Joseph of Jackson's debate with T- and the fact that no one is calling him on his statements- is pretty frightening. Does that mean that he thinks that raping a war captive is a good way to find a bride?

He almost certainly does, and blames the godless liberal government for preventing him from utilising this right that God gave him.

Does he want a wife or a permanent sex slave? How are women the weaker sex if men can't ever control themselves EVER. Someone should tell my husband this, because he managed to restrain himself when we were on no intercourse orders for most of my pregnancy.

15? Amateur. :snooty:

I said 'at least'. :D

Also, I live in suburban hell, I would be lucky if there were 15 men in total in the supermarket at any given time. The chances of all of them being alphas is pretty slim.

:shock:

Strikes me Suicide might be an option. and there is a reason women learned about herbs that were medical and those that were poison.

:shock:

This is all so bad I wonder if it's satire. Probably not... but MY GOD. To honestly think that women are property, brainless stimulus-response creatures who will be incapable of keeping their pants on if a special kind of con artist says the right magical things to them...

To honestly think that men should tell women what to do, and that the woman has no autonomy to refuse...

To honestly think that the problem with rape is that the man has to live with a nag afterwards...

HOLY HELL. Someone tell this guy he can buy a blow-up doll for cheap and beat it up, tell it not to talk to anyone, and it will be silent and submissive all the while.

In other news: I actually like pick-up artists. It's fun to cut them down, and you don't really feel bad about doing it, either.

So...Did that Joseph of Jackson really mean that he couldn't imagine having to marry someone he raped because she wouldn't be a good obedient spouse?! :evil:

And rape is just a crime of theft? Would it still be a crime of theft if he was raped?

Despite living this bullshit for many years, I am still baffled that ANYONE would be evil and foul enough to believe it.

Archived