IGNORED

Christian MRA apologist-women can't help sleeping with alpha

lilah

I scrolled to a random comment on this blog entry, and this is what I found:

No Christian leaders are saying plainly, “Young women, you will have very little ability to control your sexual response to dominant men. Because of that, seek to marry young. Stay living in your parents’ home. Stay under your father’s authority until you have a husband. Don’t live in a university dorm; don’t go on missions trips without a husband.

Based on the bolded, I wonder how well sunshinemary really understands Catholic Church teaching. Catholics don't seek to marry young, we speak of 'discerning the vocation of marriage.' No where does the Church teach that Catholics should marry young. Yes, there are biblical references, but Catholics will quickly point out that we're not sola scriptura. We don't refer to a father's authority; Church teaching is very clear that children are under the authority of their parents until they're adults.

And mission trips aren't really a Catholic concept for either single or married people. Missions are more of a endeavor for religious orders. Our young people go to World Youth Day. And this year my solidly orthodox parish is sending three young women to Rio. Alone. The horror. :o

All the misogyny and hatred aside, and that's a BIG aside, I think this woman is collaborating with her readers to invent her own religion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of the comments someone says that sunshinemary's husband cheated on her. I think part of her craziness is her trying to deal with the fallout from that. Some of the things she says about "pleasing her husband" come off as desperate and pathetic.

Archived