IGNORED

Rep. Bobby Franklin found dead

starfish

Georgia state rep Bobby Franklin was found dead in his house this week.

Apparently he had been dead for several days but he lived alone and no one found him until this week.

My condolences to his family. This guy is the one who sponsored all the terrible legislation to investigate miscarriages as murder, wanted to change the word "victim" to "accuser" in assocation with rape laws in Georgia, wanted to ban driver's licenses, pay all state debt in gold or silver bars, allow guns to be carried in church, etc etc. He was morally opposed to gay marriage, but was divorced himself. He was 56 and had heart problems, so I read.

I know we've discussed Rep. Franklin here on FJ, so I just wanted to pass this along.

Are they saying it was natural causes, or are they suspecting suicide or foul play? I know you mentioned heart problems, but that might not necessarily be what killed him.

Well, in any event, condolences to his survivors. Even if I didn't agree with him, there still might have been people who cared about him.

From what I read, the authorities are chalking to up to an apparent heart attack as he had been complaining of chest pains for a while. I have not seen

any suspicion of foul play.

I watch the local news every single day and I hadn't heard this. I won't speak ill of the dead....

He was found dead on Tuesday, and the Georgia papers started running the story Tuesday night. I just came across it today.

One of the Democrats said this nice thing:

House Democratic Caucus Leader Stacy Abrams didn't always agree with Franklin, but lauded his dedication.

“Bobby Franklin was one of the most principled members of the General Assembly,â€Abrams said. “While he certainly was controversial, he was never vitriolic and was never mean. This is a very sad day for Georgia.â€

The miscarriage/murder stuff, though, was really out there and frightening. I think his fellow Republicans disliked him much more than the Dems. They were about to consolidate his district into another district b/c they were tired of his antics.

He attended some fundie church there in GA, but I can't recall which one it is.

Buh-bye Bobby Franklin, don't let the coffin lid hit you on the ass. :roll:

LMAO! So true! :clap:

Buh-bye Bobby Franklin, don't let the coffin lid hit you on the ass. :roll:

This to infinity.

I've been wondering about that too (if the miscarriage/murder leg. is gone with him). Hopefully no one else will take up that terrible cause. To my knowledge, that is the only proposal of that sort.

I feel sorry for him as a human being--which is more than he would have done for me. It seems sad and strange that he was so alone at the end of his days. How's that for "family values?"

Archived