IGNORED

20/20 tonight segment on not kissing before marriage

homeschoolmomma1

My mother always told me to "Try before you buy"- knowing her, in exactly those words. Excellent advice for some, but not something you want to hear as a teenager! :shifty:

My friend's mother says the same thing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll see your Friday night Dateline and 20/20 and raise you the excitement of watching repeats of both on Discovery ID. If only Lifetime would slide "Snapped" to Discovery ID so those episodes could be on a continual loop also, instead of being interrupted by ATM repeats or their other reality shows, I'd be a happy girl.

I have so many ID shows recorded. I also like Disappeared. I like to watch that type of thing so if anyone's ever out to get me I'll know what to look for and see it coming. :lol:

Me too! I couldn't imagine not kissing until marriage!! Then again, I have a 2 year old son with my boyfriend of 5 and a half years, so there's more than just kissing that I won't hold off on! :lol:

No kidding! I'm not marrying someone I've never fucked. What if he's no good at it?! I don't think I should have to teach a grown man who's allegedly ready to marry where the little man in the boat is.

You know, I always thought I would feel incredibly guilty if I kissed someone before marriage, but I haven't regretted it at all. I don't feel like I gave away a precious gift that I'll never get back. It's not nearly as dramatic as they make it out to be.

No sex, no kissing, no touching...mere child's play. Personally, I hope to not even see my future husband until we're at the alter.

Honestly, I'm doing the no kisisng until marriage. I have kissed before, but now I am focusing on getting to know a person better without the physical to distract things.

What's to keep you from knowing your boyfriend with all the other aspects of his personality if you kiss before marriage? Oh, hell, if you even go a lot further than kissing? What if you and your husband have no sexual chemistry together? What if either one of you turn out to be gay? It's far better to realize you are gay before the wedding than afterward. Just because you and your boyfriend have a sexual relationship of some measure does not mean that that all there is.

I saw the segment. They seemed like somewhat normal people. (she wore a strapless dress @ their wedding). I wish them a good life together.

This is what I want to ask someone who's waiting to kiss someone until marriage:

[qote]So, a few hours after a wedding, you're going to have sex? And you're going to be able to undo the effects of decades of guilt-inducing self-talk about kissing, touching and sex in only a few hours?

What's to keep you from knowing your boyfriend with all the other aspects of his personality if you kiss before marriage? Oh, hell, if you even go a lot further than kissing? What if you and your husband have no sexual chemistry together? What if either one of you turn out to be gay? It's far better to realize you are gay before the wedding than afterward. Just because you and your boyfriend have a sexual relationship of some measure does not mean that that all there is.

And what if he just does not know how to have sex? Like if you're patient, and show him what you like, and he doesn't do it or can't? Then you're stuck with him.

This is what I want to ask someone who's waiting to kiss someone until marriage:

[qote]So, a few hours after a wedding, you're going to have sex? And you're going to be able to undo the effects of decades of guilt-inducing self-talk about kissing, touching and sex in only a few hours?

And what if he just does not know how to have sex? Like if you're patient, and show him what you like, and he doesn't do it or can't? Then you're stuck with him.

I had a male friend who was perfect for me. He was smart, funny and sweet. We liked almost all the same activities. Thankfully, we had sex before we got too serious. We just weren't compatible in the bedroom. Call me shallow, but I don't want to spend a lifetime with a guy who can't make my eyes roll back in my head. I've been married twenty-four years. It is really nice to still be having great sex after all these years.

Thanks for asking . I was going to ask about the zero to !!!eleventy!!! in one night.

Honestly, it doesn't happen.

Post-honeymoon, I find myself snorting at all the stories and hints about all the wonderful sex good Christian couples are supposed to be having on the honeymoons, especially at the bit where they have no need to leave the hotel room. After my technically virginal new husband and myself failed to have sex on our wedding night, we did joke about acting like we'd had all kinds of hot sex, but ultimately we're just more honest than fundies. Come to think of it, I can't even remember why we didn't do the deed sooner. I wish we had.

Thanks for asking . I was going to ask about the zero to !!!eleventy!!! in one night.

And that is EXACTLY why I would never wait to kiss someone! :lol: I've never been fundy and I don't have any religious hang-ups about this but the idea has always made me shudder. I am just not a touchy person outside of relationships and I feel like going from 0-100 in one day would be really uncomfortable for me, even if we have talked a lot, etc. Never having kissed or even held hands before and then EVERYTHING! would kind-of feel like marrying with a stranger to me, even if we've talked a lot and are good friends. I want to really know my spouse and be comfortable with them - not just emotionally but physically too. Honestly, I would consider waiting to have sex but there has to be some middle ground. Also, chemistry... I kinda want to know that I'm marrying someone who will be more than just a good conversation partner!

Oh dear god, I just watched it. How awkward was that? *shudder* I am now comforting myself w/ choc. ice-cream covered in fudge and the knowledge that if there's any justice I'll never be unfortunate enough to see anything like that ever again.

Also, did you guys catch her saying she was saving her emotions? :roll:

I can't speak for anyone else, but the couple on 20/20 probably still haven't made it to !!!eleventy!!! He's probably still trying to find her mouth. :doh:

My biggest thing is that I don't want any part of my wedding to be awkward, I'd much rather be comfortable with the person I'm marrying knowing embracing them feels right, than risk getting hitched while anxious and awkward with my first physical experiences with a man *shudder*

I know I'm one of those evil queers but... man, I've kissed a lot of people. I like kissing. I like doing other stuff, too, but I've kissed a lot of my friends with no intentions on either of our parts of ever going further. Lots of that kissing has taken place at the annual national meeting of my religious denomination.

Dang, we're doing a BeeGees concert in the den and that's the only tv I can DVR anything on. My husband (who i did a lot more than kiss before we got hitched) won't let me record it cause he's being Barry Gibb right now. Yes, we're a bit....eccentric :D

I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night! :dance:

I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night! :dance:

:lol: I thougth Andy was he cutest of the bunch.

I also can't conceive of doing a complete 360 on your wedding night. The other thing that gets me is the couples act like 'marriage experts' after a few months of marriage.

:lol: I thougth Andy was he cutest of the bunch.

I also can't conceive of doing a complete 360 on your wedding night. The other thing that gets me is the couples act like 'marriage experts' after a few months of marriage.

Maurice.......Maurice was the MAN. :(

The test drive is necessary. The sexual chemistry has to be there and you need to know what you're getting. I also discovered that size does matter. There really can be too big or too small.

For the record, after my wedding, hubby and I counted the money and went to sleep. We were tired. Lol. We rocked the mattress the next morning!

I suspect there are quitea few fundy couples who do not consumate their marriage for a few months. No evidence, just a feeling ...

Archived