IGNORED

Well this just isn't creepy at all... Raquel Interviews Men

formergothardite

From this guy's interview:

20. What is your view on college for girls?

I think college is great for girls. No girl should expect a husband. 1 Peter 3 calls your spouse a “fellow heir of the grace of lifeâ€. Marriage is a grace, not a right, so girls ought to live as if they were married to Christ, doing what he calls them to do, and perhaps even going to college to learn how to do it.

I don't even know where to begin. Wtf does one have to do with the other? Is college in his mind like a hog pen you're shepherded into if you haven't been married off to a godly fella by 18? What does college have to do with being married to Christ? So many questions.

ETA: Oh, oh, sorry! This next one is even better!

24. What do you think about guys and girls hugging?

I love hugs, but I can definitely tell when some girls like hugging too much. “Unhealthy†hugs may be a result of oppressed desire for healthy physical intimacy. If our families and churches had a healthy understanding of physical intimacy, perhaps we would have much less sexualization of common things like hugging.

What the actual fuck is an unhealthy hug? And you know what would help minimize the "sexualization" of hugging in your perverted little mind? If you were raised to be comfortable with your body and maybe even jacked off once in a while to Maxim like the rest of the heterosexual male population of the world.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Her latest posts about having a boyfriend is just a tad on the bitchy side, even for her. I think she is mad about her friends dating.

Personally, I don’t agree with guys and girls dating and having gf/bf-s if they’re not intending to get serious about their relationship in the near future. What’s the use of having a boyfriend then? Just to say that you do? So that you’re not lonely?

And about ‘dating within reason’...

It depends on what your ‘reason’ is. Does it fall under any of the categories I mentioned above? Or are you dating ‘within a reason’ of furthering your relationship as two individuals who are planning to actually getting married.

Well, generally we're dating to see if we want to further that relationship. Dating does not necessarily equal screwing each other.

When I was 19-20, there was this guy that I had a total pathetic crush on. Having one "romantic encounter" with him killed that forever. Because I found out he was nothing like the guy he was in my head.

OTOH, I dated Mr. Future DV for about 2.5 weeks before taking him on a "test drive". We are "getting serious" and have been doing so for almost 2 years.

On the other hand, I’ve heard of people referring to dating as a ‘laid-back type of courtship’...if someone is dating and they are chaperoned and plan on getting married, I think that’s a great mindset to have. And honestly, that is ‘dating within reason’

If you need a chaperone, there are issues.

Re: the quotes in Carla Bruni's post (Raquel's interview subject in italics):

24. What do you think about guys and girls hugging?

I love hugs, but I can definitely tell when some girls like hugging too much. “Unhealthy†hugs may be a result of oppressed desire for healthy physical intimacy. If our families and churches had a healthy understanding of physical intimacy, perhaps we would have much less sexualization of common things like hugging.

What the actual fuck is an unhealthy hug? And you know what would help minimize the "sexualization" of hugging in your perverted little mind? If you were raised to be comfortable with your body and maybe even jacked off once in a while to Maxim like the rest of the heterosexual male population of the world.

If they had a healthy understanding of physical intimacy, they wouldn't be analyzing every single hug. A hug is a hug. Unless someone does something creepy while giving you the hug, they aren't unhealthy. A lot of people need to touch. My daughter is very touchy, more so than me. Even so, the part of the long-distance thing I hate the most is not that I don't get to get down all the time, but that no one except my daughter ever touches me. (Well, and the feline masters, but that's more them using me for their petting convenience.)

This creeper needs to find himself a cougar instead of lusting after his intended's mom. Preferably an older woman who is secure and confident and can teach him what feminism really is. And of course, shut him down when he gets douchey.

This creeper needs to find himself a cougar instead of lusting after his intended's mom. Preferably an older woman who is secure and confident and can teach him what feminism really is. And of course, shut him down when he gets douchey.

And I'm sure he'd turn feminist to please her if it ensured more sex.

It sounds to me like he's spouting what he's been taught his entire life, both about what men should say, and what women want to hear.

What the actual fuck is an unhealthy hug?

It could refer to a full on frontal hug between men/women. Some guys are so strict about not having contact with teh ebil boobies that they will only give girls side hugs.

The video might be a joke, but the attitude behind it is disturbingly real.

This kind of language reminds me of all that "Jesus is my lover/boyfriend" twaddle. .

Also this:

nxt0yv.jpg

It's not even the sentiment so much as the way it's expressed. Just ugh.

The latest guy she interviewed said this:

What do you think about guys and girls hugging?

If it’s my sister, be very careful. Screw up and the consequences can be less then just.

If you’re not in a relationship it shouldn’t be communicating anything other than affection of a friend, or as a polite pleasantry.

How can you screw up a hug? And what is he going to do, come beat you up?

PP have mentioned this, but WHAT.THE.EVERLASTING.FUCK?

All women have failed in keeping their physical and emotional purity, so I don’t condemn a woman who has had sex in the past. However, the natural consequences of that will affect me if I marry her, so I would like to know about everything my wife has done before I marry her. If I found out she was very sexually active in her past, or that she had given away her “emotional purity†in some way, I would definitely take that into consideration before marrying her, not because of disapproval, but because I fear her ability for commitment and self-control. If I find these things out after I marry her, I’m not going anywhere – she’s my bride forever.

Cause ALL women are dirty whores. ALL WOMEN. What an absolute judgmental asshole. Misogynist bastard. He also says women have fangs. He's a very scary person. I pity the woman he marries, and his poor daughters. How would a woman who's has sex before him affect him unless she's gotten an incurable disease or had a child? Very scary.

PP have mentioned this, but WHAT.THE.EVERLASTING.FUCK?

Cause ALL women are dirty whores. ALL WOMEN. What an absolute judgmental asshole. Misogynist bastard. He also says women have fangs. He's a very scary person. I pity the woman he marries, and his poor daughters. How would a woman who's has sex before him affect him unless she's gotten an incurable disease or had a child? Very scary.

That's okay. I want this guy to broadcast his views loud and clear so HOPEFULLY he will remain celibate for all of his days.

Plus, he will reciprocate on this telling everything kick, right? Right?

Oh wait...

That's so awesome it should be a new title: "Gives Unhealthy Hugs"...

I second this!! :lol:

That's okay. I want this guy to broadcast his views loud and clear so HOPEFULLY he will remain celibate for all of his days.

Plus, he will reciprocate on this telling everything kick, right? Right?

Oh wait...

I doubt he'd have anything to tell.

I wonder if all the guys she knows are this bad, or if the normal, not creepy guys just won't do interviews for her blog. The guy today says:

About his parents having input into who he is going to marry:

if I'm interested in a girl I'll ask them what they think. Though the final choice is mine of course, I value receiving their advice and insight.

So his parents can give advice but the final choice is his, but when it comes to the "lucky" woman he is going to marry:

I would not even pursue a girl unless I received her father's blessing first, so having permission for marriage is very important to me.

So the woman gets no input until her dad signs off on it. :roll:

I think the whole college system is vastly overrated and really pushed on young adults even though it's not exactly necessary. Why do we have to learn about literally everything while only a bit of what we learn actually pertains to our career choice? So even for guys, I think interning is better than college. Going back to your question, I don't think it's wrong for a girl to go to college, but I think that it's unnecessary if she wants to become a wife and mother.

Gothard taught this exact same thing. Go ask all the IBLP interns how that worked out for them. Hint: They had to go to college at some point if they wanted to advance in their jobs. And of course he doesn't think wives and mothers need any sort of education. These sorts of guys never do.

I find it weird that in the most recent interview she posted the guy answered the favorite book question by saying:

This is a loaded question, but other then the Bible, The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite

How is this a loaded question? Is it because he thinks it's set up for "the bible" to be the answer or because he's afraid his book choice is "too secular?" It just seems weird to think that "what's your favorite book?" is a loaded question.

Gothard taught this exact same thing. Go ask all the IBLP interns how that worked out for them. Hint: They had to go to college at some point if they wanted to advance in their jobs. And of course he doesn't think wives and mothers need any sort of education. These sorts of guys never do.

Nope, no college education needed for women, especially since he'd only expect his wife to then homeschool his children, and, um, some people go to college specifically to learn how to teach children. :roll:

I find it weird that in the most recent interview she posted the guy answered the favorite book question by saying:

How is this a loaded question? Is it because he thinks it's set up for "the bible" to be the answer or because he's afraid his book choice is "too secular?" It just seems weird to think that "what's your favorite book?" is a loaded question.

It isn't weird if you are a fundy Christian. It is a sort of test in a lot of fundie worlds. Of course, with some the Bible is the ONLY answer. Nope, nothing secular allowed.

:roll:

I miss those days... NOT!

I'm not convinced that video is a joke. There is a strong rap-culture fascination among suburban white evangelical homeschooled teenagers and I have known a handfull of them that would think something like this is "strait-up legit".

edited to remove strange commas

The "Christian Side Hug" video is some kids goofing on actual instructions they were given about no face to face hugs at the youth conference where they're performing. The tone is lighthearted and everyone's having fun with it, but "no face to face hugs" was a rule at that conference.

Also, Miss Raquel is a perfectly fine looking girl, but if she thinks she looks like Catherine Zeta Jones or Jaci Velasquez she needs her mirrors adjusted.

Archived