IGNORED

Well this just isn't creepy at all... Raquel Interviews Men

formergothardite

Isn't her douce ness down to her immaturity and not having a creative writing teacher who critiques her arrogant twaddle and helps her find her potential and insists she reads real well written fiction?

And the bucket list totally agree she needs to paint her nails ASAP.

I don't think she's a douche, just a self centred teenager playing by the only rules she knows, and locked into it by her blog image as "God's Daughter", the modest Christian maiden.

But the guys she features are douches.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"

But the guys she features are douches."

Sorry I misread your last entry. The guys are clearly are and probably treated like kings by their mum's and sister hence trying to ensure good relationship with both mother in law and potential bride.

I think that unless she snaps out of this childish, self-absorbed, I must be all godly and find the perfect man, mindset, she really is doomed to have a very unhappy life. She doesn't appear to like caring for children or doing housework, so I think she will be miserable as a SAHM. If she could get over the idea that everyone must think all she does is wonderful, she would probably love college. I think she can't handle any sort of constructive criticism because she has never, ever received any from her parents, so she is terrified of going to college and finding out she needs to change how she writes, dances, or sings.

I am just appalled that this guy is 'helping' victims of assault and trafficking. Part of me really wants to watch the film but I don't want to support such fuckwittery. I hope he hasn't added too much additional damage.

She never interviews ugly, zitty, unattractive fundy guys. They're always the Godly Abercrombie and Fitch model types. She's pretty obvious with her lust and yearning, yet tries to pass herself off as a young Oprah. Sigh. Also, if her future headship took away her internet access, her head would explode.

Or if he told her to stop blogging/Fbing/tweeting/instagraming and actually watch the children. Even though she is desperate for marriage, I really hope she doesn't get her wish until she actually grows up. I may snark on her, but I don't want her to have a miserable life.

I think it is God's Daughter 131. She has several instagrams. She also has a youtube channel of her singing that I have never been able to find.

The instagrams are Miss Raquel 316, Miss Raquel Studio, and I_am_inspire

I think that unless she snaps out of this childish, self-absorbed, I must be all godly and find the perfect man, mindset, she really is doomed to have a very unhappy life. She doesn't appear to like caring for children or doing housework, so I think she will be miserable as a SAHM. If she could get over the idea that everyone must think all she does is wonderful, she would probably love college. I think she can't handle any sort of constructive criticism because she has never, ever received any from her parents, so she is terrified of going to college and finding out she needs to change how she writes, dances, or sings.

Didn't she try auditioning for some play and she then tried to get another audition?

Oh man, you have no idea. I’ve found that a girl’s relationship with her family is one of the most crucial matters in discovering who she is and how she’ll act in marriage. I’ve become so attached to this conviction that I’ll probably fall in love with my wife’s mother before I fall in love with my wife.

Hey, in a culture where the Princess Of NCFIC boasts that "my dad fell in love with my husband before I did"* this ain't no thing!

*quoting broodmare Kelly Brown Bradrick on how things began with her studly hubby Peter and weirdass dad Scott before she was, apparently, even thought of.

This all of this. It's obvious that she's interested in many different things and by taking a variety of college classes on different classes she might find things she likes better than others and give her a good direction. She would also be exposed to a number of different ideas and opinions that may influence her for the better. As much as I dislike Raquel, she doesn't appear to like doing traditional SAHM activities and I wish that she would stop touting this party line that she clearly does not believe in and do something that makes her happy with her life. If that's being a SAHM, that's 100% fine, but I think that she would be much happier doing something else. Also, I really wish someone would tell her that these feminists that she claims to hate, have worked really hard so that women really can have it all, a family, marriage, and a career. She doesn't have to choose one or the other.

Didn't she try auditioning for some play and she then tried to get another audition?

She went, she left before auditioning(or maybe in the middle) because God told her too, and then she thought about going back but decided not to. She then got upset and bitched about her friends on her blog because they didn't want to listen to hours of her crying about it.

Hey, in a culture where the Princess Of NCFIC boasts that "my dad fell in love with my husband before I did"* this ain't no thing!

*quoting broodmare Kelly Brown Bradrick on how things began with her studly hubby Peter and weirdass dad Scott before she was, apparently, even thought of.

Yup to the nth power. This kind of language reminds me of all that "Jesus is my lover/boyfriend" twaddle. Normal people would say, "I really admire her mom/dad for being excellent parents and people of integrity, so this makes me confident she'd be a wonderful person to marry." But that language wouldn't be Jesusy enough for the fundies.

She went, she left before auditioning(or maybe in the middle) because God told her too, and then she thought about going back but decided not to. She then got upset and bitched about her friends on her blog because they didn't want to listen to hours of her crying about it.

She would have gotten more sympathy if she said that she'd been too afraid to carry through with her audition. That is probably what happened. It would have made her seem more human and real instead of being god's special snowflake. I know how to comfort a friend who says that she was afraid or chickened out. Self doubt is a normal and understandable reaction. We can all relate to someone with cold feet. Saying that god told her not to audition just makes it sound like she considers herself better than anyone else. I don't even know how to respond if someone told me that their deity stopped them from doing something that they wanted to do.

Bah Sex trafficking is the latest fad in Christian campaigning. Don't get me wrong i think sex trafficking is terrible and needs to be abolished but now it seems like every fundie and their dog has established their own sex trafficking charity with their own multiple fundraising events. Yes I'm cynical about where this money is going and why there has to be 11eventy billion of them instead of organisations working together.

Bah Sex trafficking is the latest fad in Christian campaigning. Don't get me wrong i think sex trafficking is terrible and needs to be abolished but now it seems like every fundie and their dog has established their own sex trafficking charity with their own multiple fundraising events. Yes I'm cynical about where this money is going and why there has to be 11eventy billion of them instead of organisations working together.

THIS. We just saw 55k pics on instagram at jesusfest 2013 in atlanta about human trafficking. I find it fraktastic that, in order to get to jesusfest, they had to walk by homeless shelters and likely dodge some beggars. How about next year you take your 60k kids who come to your event and make some sandwiches?

THIS. We just saw 55k pics on instagram at jesusfest 2013 in atlanta about human trafficking. I find it fraktastic that, in order to get to jesusfest, they had to walk by homeless shelters and likely dodge some beggars. How about next year you take your 60k kids who come to your event and make some sandwiches?

Yes. The same event where the kids paid $220 a pop to attend at the total ticket takings of 13 million dollars and then not counting the money from convention souvenirs and christian resources, DVD sales and digital access to the teachings. Ugh.

Sorry to take thread off topic.

well if the woman is dressing modestly enough for fundie standards, how will he KNOW she has a smokin body?

:clap:

Yeah--that expression and "showing some skin" invariably creep me out. It's like code for "I'm looking for a body that gets me sexually aroused and I intend to appropriate it for my own use."

Her latest posts about having a boyfriend is just a tad on the bitchy side, even for her. I think she is mad about her friends dating.

Personally, I don’t agree with guys and girls dating and having gf/bf-s if they’re not intending to get serious about their relationship in the near future. What’s the use of having a boyfriend then? Just to say that you do? So that you’re not lonely?

And about ‘dating within reason’...

It depends on what your ‘reason’ is. Does it fall under any of the categories I mentioned above? Or are you dating ‘within a reason’ of furthering your relationship as two individuals who are planning to actually getting married.

:roll:

On the other hand, I’ve heard of people referring to dating as a ‘laid-back type of courtship’...if someone is dating and they are chaperoned and plan on getting married, I think that’s a great mindset to have. And honestly, that is ‘dating within reason’

Well thank you little missy for telling us how to date correctly. I always take advice from very sheltered teens who have not experienced the world at all.

Have y'all read her latest post? She's a grammar queen? Say what??? Think I just choked on my own spit just now. Also, love how pretentious she sounds when she says "if you bought anything from Goodwill you better have washed it before you put it near me". Um excuse me Goodwill has some quality items!

Her latest posts about having a boyfriend is just a tad on the bitchy side, even for her. I think she is mad about her friends dating.

Personally, I don’t agree with guys and girls dating and having gf/bf-s if they’re not intending to get serious about their relationship in the near future. What’s the use of having a boyfriend then? Just to say that you do? So that you’re not lonely?

And about ‘dating within reason’...

It depends on what your ‘reason’ is. Does it fall under any of the categories I mentioned above? Or are you dating ‘within a reason’ of furthering your relationship as two individuals who are planning to actually getting married.

On the other hand, I’ve heard of people referring to dating as a ‘laid-back type of courtship’...if someone is dating and they are chaperoned and plan on getting married, I think that’s a great mindset to have. And honestly, that is ‘dating within reason’

Well thank you little missy for telling us how to date correctly. I always take advice from very sheltered teens who have not experienced the world at all.

Stupidity. Thy name is Raquel.

You might have different partners, Raquel, to check out little things like IF YOU SUIT and IF YOU'RE GOING TO STAY TOGETHER FOR THE LONG HAUL. Not because "you're lonely". That is called "you projecting."

So to show her readers how she is not perfect she posts things like this:

I am that girl who:

'huge eyes', and reminds people of the Disney princess Jasmine, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Jaci Velasquez.

is a hopeful romantic, loves hearing every couple's love story, and hopes her man plans to have a photographer when he proposes to me

Her growing lists of things she wants in a man is getting to be unbelievable.

Oh and I sing perfectly with Adam Levine and Carly Rae Jepsen

is a cleanliness freak, I don't like people touching my feet (I never walk in the house barefoot), and if you bought something at Goodwill, you better wash it before putting it anywhere near me.

is super social, not afraid to speak what's on her mind, and if I don't like you, you'll know.

is very organized, loves making lists, and one of the only messes she likes is when her bed is littered with her Bible, devotional books, journals, and paper

According to a blog she was interviewed on, Raquel was going to take online college courses but she couldn't because of all the family stuff going on.

" I was going to enroll in some online college courses last month, but God closed the doors to that. He had other stuff He wanted me to be busy with:) I was going to take courses in Japanese language, Writing, and Natural Health"

According to a blog she was interviewed on, Raquel was going to take online college courses but she couldn't because of all the family stuff going on.

" I was going to enroll in some online college courses last month, but God closed the doors to that. He had other stuff He wanted me to be busy with:) I was going to take courses in Japanese language, Writing, and Natural Health"

:( "God forbid" she should have her own life :(

Archived