IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Free Health Care = Hitler

When the creature denies the nature God has given him, and chooses an unnatural state based on sexual preference, the fundamental building block of the family is undermined. So long as the homosexual stays private with their sexual preferences, they are welcome in my home and in my church, we can be friends.

Who doesn't stay private with their sexual preferences? Does he really imagine that homosexuals go up to people and say "Hi, I'm a big gay and I really love it when my partner Jim does me up the arse. We also like threesomes, fisting and bondage." :roll:

I expect he doesn't tell people what he gets up to in the bedroom (at least I hope not) so I suspect what he means is that the homosexual in question can't mention the *existence* of partner Jim without upsetting his delicate sensibilities and destroying the friendship. In which case it's not a friendship at all. It's not even a toleration.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who doesn't stay private with their sexual preferences? Does he really imagine that homosexuals go up to people and say "Hi, I'm a big gay and I really love it when my partner Jim does me up the arse. We also like threesomes, fisting and bondage."

I expect he doesn't tell people what he gets up to in the bedroom (at least I hope not) so I suspect what he means is that the homosexual in question can't mention the *existence* of partner Jim without upsetting his delicate sensibilities and destroying the friendship. In which case it's not a friendship at all. It's not even a toleration.

I think with most of these types, it's a combination of the two attitudes you touch on.

Fundies think that all teh gayz think about 24/7 is participating in depraved (in their eyes) and indiscriminate sex. But on the other hand, merely mentioning a same-sex partner or mentioning that you are gay is "flaunting" one's lifestyle and offends them.

The Austrian elderly lady mis-information screed has been showing up on my facebook wall. The ones who post this kind of crap all. the. time. on their walls are people who aren't fundie - they are some kind of teabagger / libertarian. They are the same ones who posted about the evils of the government trying to take their guns after the horrible shooting.

What drives me absolutely nuts about those kind of posts is that if anyone even bothered to READ them they would see the dates are always off, the basic "information" couldn't possibly be correct - and they are just always easily proven wrong with about 30 seconds of googling. :roll:

The thing that gets me about the neighborhood post is that she is basically claiming that her neighbors now are better because she prayed for them. If she has the direct line to god and to fix everyone's problems, why doesn't she try praying for something less selfish? I can think of a few things...

Lori has a huge ego about herself. I said this before, but she doesn't know what goes on behind closed doors. She only sees what people put in front of her, when they are around her. She brags that only divorce has happened in the neighborhood. But there could be various reasons to why some couples don't divorce. I agree, she is selfish and I don't believe her neighbhorbood is perfect like she claims it is.

I read the new posting which includes Ken's quotes. Ken and Lori both exaggerate a lot of things. Homosexuality only gets frequently mentioned on TV shows if one of the main characters is gay. I don't think Ken and Lori watch a lot of popular shows anyway. They probably go on to the 40 K Moms site and read about the shows that feature ebil gay characters and they avoid those shows. At this point, Ken and Lori annoy me more than PP and Zsu. Zsu does occasionally promote or talk about some of the things PP does, but the PP never does guest posts on her blog. Also Zsu never has the PP white knight her in her comments section. Ken has white knighted Lori several times when she can't deal with commenters. I give Zsu credit for debating with people on her own. If I had to give an award for "most annoying fundie couple" it would be Lori and Ken.

Lori says she's moved four times during her adult life, and that this current neighborhood is the best.

What she completely ignores is the fact that she has probably moved up into better neighborhoods with each move. That is a common pattern.

When I first married my husband, all we could afford was a rather run down neighborhood with lots of young families, evil renters, a few shady characters, etc. As we became more established professionally, we moved into neighborhoods that looked nicer and had a less transient population. The families were older and more stable. These families weren't perfect by any means, but the parents were older, more secure in their professions, etc. There weren't a lot of young couples in their 20s, still getting used to marriage, with young kids and two stressful low-paying jobs.

So this may account for some of the "improvement" in her neighborhood.

Archived