IGNORED

Who knew... New Kitchen

Koala

that people living in poverty could afford to redecorate the kitchen?

Spread the word. I'm sure all of the people that are truly living in poverty would love to know. :roll:

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-kitchen.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-kitchen-2.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-kitchen-3.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-kitchen-4.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-kitchen-5.html

Signed~

The person who is waiting until Feb. to redecorate my kitchen (as I am waiting until I replace the small fortune I spent on Christmas first)

But blessed are the poor right? :roll:

Yeah, but paint costs $$$. If you can't pay for groceries, how the hell can you afford paint? If you are poor (as she claims to be) how can you afford paint?

Because she's terrible at budgeting. Still it's $20 vs. an actual whole new kitchen, which is what I was expecting based on her blog titles.

Also, does she monetize her blog? Because I can't think of a reason to put every damn picture in a separate post except to increase page views.

Last time I bought paint for my kitchen it was more than $20. But yeah, not a wise choice unless you found leftovers in the color you wanted at the re-store if you can't feed your kids, and even then....

Is everyone else missing the new floor? It's not just paint.

Apparently yes. I stand corrected about the cost, but maintain she's a terrible budgeter.

It also looks like there's a new tile backsplash around the window behind the sink, but just a little bit. Maybe some new drywall up near the ceiling too.

For what it's worth, the kitchen really needed it, it looks like the walls were falling down.

But on the other hand, I'd rather have food for my children and a crummy kitchen than a nice kitchen and starving children. But, you know, that's just me.

The floor definitely cost some $$ but, but I know from being a Walmart Slave that flat paint is $10 if you get color place, and that paint looks pretty flat to me, $12 if she went with eggshell satin. I can cut her slack on the paint for this reason, but doing the floor while crying poverty? Nah. My dad makes a great salary for someone in the middle class but my mom still has the linoleum they installed in early 90's despite "re-doinging" the kitchen several times.

The floor definitely cost some $$ but, but I know from being a Walmart Slave that flat paint is $10 if you get color place, and that paint looks pretty flat to me, $12 if she went with eggshell satin. I can cut her slack on the paint for this reason, but doing the floor while crying poverty? Nah. My dad makes a great salary for someone in the middle class but my mom still has the linoleum they installed in early 90's despite "re-doinging" the kitchen several times.

Kitchens and bathrooms are supposed to be painted with semi gloss because of the abuse they get from water and steam, and it's easier to clean (flat can't be cleaned, eggshell can, and semi gloss is the easiest to clean.). Also, in my experience, you get what you pay for and if you get the good stuff it's going to take fewer coats than the cheap stuff.

Yeah, I bought a foreclosed house two years ago.....

Kitchens and bathrooms are supposed to be painted with semi gloss because of the abuse they get from water and steam, and it's easier to clean (flat can't be cleaned, eggshell can, and semi gloss is the easiest to clean.). Also, in my experience, you get what you pay for and if you get the good stuff it's going to take fewer coats than the cheap stuff.

Yes, but you have sense.

Because she's terrible at budgeting. Still it's $20 vs. an actual whole new kitchen, which is what I was expecting based on her blog titles.

Also, does she monetize her blog? Because I can't think of a reason to put every damn picture in a separate post except to increase page views.

It looks like she doesn't monetize her blog. I thought the whole picture per post was ridiculous.

I know someone who went to the paint recycling place and mixed several different paints to make a batch. It was free, but the trick is to get enough half filled paints to make a full batch because you'll never really match the unique color again. I have no idea if it is a wise thing to do (I assume they mixed like glosses), but it was free.

Of course, I doubt Abigail did this.

Does anyone wonder if Abigial and her hubby get help from relatives? I kind of remember her saying that her parents were well to do.

Does anyone wonder if Abigial and her hubby get help from relatives? I kind of remember her saying that her parents were well to do.

I think she has her father's credit card. She has mentioned using it as a safety net

She promised her husband to stop using her father's credit card. For someone who supposedly "endured some crazy, crazy emotional abuse as a kid" (see her recent 'More Unpopular Thoughts' post) she doesn't seem to mind using her parents' money.

Oh I don't disagree, but I imagine her response would be similar to the one I get when I say "Yeah, you want the semi-gloss and please at least get Better Homes"

"I don't feel like paying for THAT!"

She promised her husband to stop using her father's credit card. For someone who supposedly "endured some crazy, crazy emotional abuse as a kid" (see her recent 'More Unpopular Thoughts' post) she doesn't seem to mind using her parents' money.

Her using her father's credit card while complaining about "abuse" is messed up. I hadn't read the unpopular thoughts post until now. I also remember that posting from a month ago where she said she was "abused" because her parents put her in daycare as an infant.

Her using her father's credit card while complaining about "abuse" is messed up. I hadn't read the unpopular thoughts post until now. I also remember that posting from a month ago where she said she was "abused" because her parents put her in daycare as an infant.

That's all on her mother, the way she tells it. Daddies don't have to do child care.

She is so irrational and makes such poor choices. Those poor kids.

No. We barely had a floor in our kitchen and did not have running water but my mom made sure we were fed! Even when we had no money we had food! She belonged to Gleaners, was involved in the food bank, etc, etc. She dumpster dived, canned, dried etc even we could not afford to have a refrigerator.

It is just that I get so mad to hear that people are not feeding their children when I know it CAN be done! My mother MADE IT HAPPEN.

Archived