IGNORED

Abigail makes a good decision...

desertvixen

http://abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012 ... r-god.html

It's another one of the "I must do everything for my husband and him alone" posts, but there is a bright lining.

Abigail will not be doing religious education any longer - as in, teaching it.

In 2001, I made a lifetime vow to marry my spouse. I promised to take care of my family. If anything clutters up or impedes that goal regularly, it has to go. Even Religious Education--which is a service to my Bishop. So by quitting teaching Religious Education mid-year--I'm dependable.

I have a whole line about how she could take care of her family by putting her expensive degree that they are paying for to some use, but we all know the drill.

I can't help thinking she is a flake. Could she have stuck it it to the end and then resigned. She may have put the school in a crappy position rushing to find someone to take her place midterm.

Am I the only one here that thinks they encouraged her to quit and this is her way of saving face?

Given how she presents any decision made that she feels negatively impacts her, I would say no. If they'd encouraged her to quit, it would have been about how she was being persecuted for being more Catholic than the other Catholics in her parish, and so on down that line. On one of the other threads about her, the phrase "collector of slights" was brought up, and I could not agree more with it.

I'm sure I am old fashioned about it, but I find it very disrespectful to send a resignation by email.

I love the way that fundies can justify whatever they want to do by saying that Jesus told them to do it.

I'm sure I am old fashioned about it, but I find it very disrespectful to send a resignation by email.

I love the way that fundies can justify whatever they want to do by saying that Jesus told them to do it.

Could not agree more. Very tacky.

I'm sure the kids are so disappointed that there will be no Vacation Bible School this summer (which Abigail started at her church).

Abigail posted a list of accomplishments she thought up for a friend's baby son who recently died. Some of the accomplishments that angered me beyond words:

3. Henry made the sin of abortion even more awful to me. Every time I read about a tragic situation in Eastern Europe, where a disabled kid is left in a cold metal crib for hours each day, I have to give this coda "but things are even worse here in America." What are we up to now in abortion of special needs kids? 90 percent for Down Syndrome kids?

A woman who has trouble feeding and clothing her children has no right to decide what other families can and cannot handle.

5. Henry reaffirmed the incredible power of siblings. I'll never forget how Henry loved to splash in his Sister's Barbie pool. Or how he confounded expert physical therapists at CHOPS for days, but within hours at home and done all sorts of seemingly impossible post-surgery moment all in an attempt to steals his older Sister's Littlest Pet Shop Toys. Love makes the best physical therapists, not educational degrees.

Dear Abigail,

Fuck you in the neck.

Signed,

Daughter of a physical therapist for children with special needs.

11. Henry got baptized. I believe he was confirmed and received last rites.

Seems like this is only an accomplishment if he was old enough to choose it for himself.

14. Henry made me less afraid of special-needs adoption.

Yup, she's serious about this. I can imagine her succeeding, deciding that a special-needs child is disruptive to her marriage and giving up the child, like how she quit the Religious Education position.

Archived