IGNORED

The Botkins are back!

Marian the Librarian

Westernconservatory.com has had a facelift, and the Botkin clan has posed for an updated family portrait, including in-laws and babies:

Botkin_family_2012_3.jpg

The accompanying verbiage is old wine in new bottles: hot, controversial culture wars; hellish conditions on earth; battlefields, victories, and the fight for civilization itself. "We publish ideas that are strong enough to tear down inferior or evil ideas." In other words, they haven't become any less full of themselves.

In delicious contrast, cousin Katie has written several recent blog posts of interest - a satirical piece about the "war on Christmas," and another on the power of anti-flirting:

I’ve never been able to do what those girls I grew up with did, with the downcast eyes lifting all starry and shining through carefully-blackened lashes, those girls who insinuated with the sweet high-pitched quaver of their voices that whomever they were talking to was so manly and important. Those girls whose chastely-covered breasts pointed pertly to the object of their attention like soldiers on standby. Those girls with the perfect hair and the inane, adoring smiles. Just thinking about trying to do that to get a guy’s approval made me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Hmmm...wonder who she could be talking about?

kbotkin.com

And once again, a Botkinette is closer and more connected to "Daddy" than his wife is :?

I also read through Geoff's most recent entry about going to vote: westernconservatory.com/articles/what-i-saw-polls

The conclusion I have drawn from his post is that voting is bad. Sometimes. Depending on what the voting machines look like. Or maybe all the time. Or maybe just for women. Seriously, WTF is he on about? And if voting is so pointless and bad, why is he even there?

More female offspring held in a bubble to fulfill daddy's need to be in control.

I really, really can't stand this family. I dislike them as much as the Maxwells but in a different way, if that makes sense.

They suck and no pretty picture will ever change that.

Who is that behind Mom and Elizabeth?

Issac. He's looking older. Elizabeth's outfit looks non-fundie to me. Looks good on her. I guess with their beauty Power Point they felt the need to update their look. Botkinette next to daddy clinging to his arm just looks creepy.

E's and Nadia's outfits (can't see enough of AS's or Audri's to make a call) are pretty standard teacher-wear around here, although the style of boot may vary.

They act like women in the workforce are all about tight jeans and low-cut blouses, just itching to seduce every man they see. :roll:

Still can't stand their insipid, faux-intellectualism.

It's nice to see the Botkins are back and still trying to fight the good ol' culture wars! They are an attractive family. I wonder how long they can keep this up with their daughters becoming fundie-certified Old Maid.

A reviewer on AS and E's book:

"...my highlighter was thoroughly worn out when I was done reading…and I’ve been trying to get into as many girls’ hands as I possibly can!†– Sarah

Proofread before blog posting. PROOFREAD. One word left out and it's just so kinky.

At first glance, I thought E was in pants! The girls are definitely beautiful... but sadly I will be surprised if they married anytime soon. They are old by fundie standards and their father just being who he is and their already failed courting attempts (supposedly by their own hands) just will further dissuade any potential guys from trying to pursue them.

Nadia and David and their baby look genuinely happy and it's crazy how much the younger son on the bottom left looks like Ben!

Issac is just... gross looking. I feel like he'll be a "confirmed bachelor".

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to report that A-S and E have - no surprise - repurposed their "Reclaiming Beauty" webinar, just in time for the holidays!, as a course "ideal for women's study groups." My favorite verbiage:

To be honest, we’re grateful the webinar is over. It was a fascinating glutton of time and energies that we’re now very happy to be able to devote to other things, like gearing up for future family projects and studying things that are not beauty-related. And taking a minute to organize our messy closet, like we told all our listeners to do theirs.

Fascinating glutton??

Not to be outdone, Daddy/Geoff has posted the first of a series on "The Reasons for Optimism," in the face of "Death taxes. Death culture. Deadly schools. A dead economy. Deadly chemicals in your drinking water. Deadly terrorists on your doorstep." Cheerful, and obtuse, as always...

Archived