IGNORED

The world is clouded by androgyny!

dairyfreelife

Morgan has come up with another idiotic brainwashed fundamentalist fuckery anti-feminist post to discuss what about all the menz!

However, Feminism has become all about “girl powerâ€. The desire for women’s equality has morphed into the desire for women to not just be equal to men but for women to overcome men entirely. Women are encouraged not just to do everything that men do, but to do it better.

However, if you look at many men today you will notice that by and large they are not the same caliber as the men of bygone eras. Men today are battered by angry women who shriek for “equality†that they don’t understand. Men are not allowed to be men because women have told them that is wrong.

In her book Let Me Be a Woman Elisabeth Elliot writes that “the body of every normal woman prepares itself repeatedly to receive and to bear. Motherhood requires self-giving, sacrifice, suffering… the willingness to enter into suffering, to receive, to carry, to give life, to nurture and to care for othersâ€. That is not to say that every woman is going to have 2.5 kids and a golden retriever. Women are designed to be nurturers; this means that even if they produce no children of their own, they will still find ways to nurture and care.

:lol:

Women need to talk and work through their emotions

I don't talk through my problems much. I write and think it through in my head.

I have friend that constantly reminds me that men are binary, on or off. Finding a group of men that will talk a problem to solution would be difficult.

These women push and pull and stomp their feet to try to lead a boy who never grew into a man (another article on that to follow shortly!) If you are the leader in the relationship, if you are the one pulling the relationship forward, what exactly is his job?

To grow a backbone?

Women HAVE got to stop trying to be men. It leads to frustration and confusion across society. Ladies, stop trying to be men, embrace the gift of femininity that has been given to you. Allow the men in your life to be the men that God called them to be, challenge them to be that man. Allow your femininity to glorify the kingdom of Christ as we stand out in a world clouded by androgyny.

Androgyny my ass.

forgivenformerfeminist.blogspot.com/2012/12/men-and-feminism.html

I tend to be a quiet person. Talking through problems before I am ready actually makes me feel sick on my stomach. My husband is my opposite. He talks A LOT. His outgoing nature is one of the reasons that I am attracted to him. However, he is the one more likely to start discussions about feelings than I am.

If masculinity and femininity is instinctual there would be no reason to teach people to act either male or female. We would do so automatically.

Women HAVE got to stop trying to be men

I am not trying to be a man. I am just being myself.

Speak for yourself lady. I'm 100% woman, and I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks so too. But she creates this false dichotomy that is shitty in the way it views men too. You can see why so many of these folks come off as bitter and unhappy when you constantly have to be something other than who you are.

Anyways I love androgyny. Me love some 70's era David Bowie.

As an SCA member, I just have to shake my head and laugh. Manly men who killed other men with swords also, depending on the era, wore perfume, long flowing gowns with loads of rings, short tunic dresses over tights, high-heeled shoes, gold earrings, starched lace collars, beauty patches, rouge, and/or long curly wigs. They did needlepoint, composed and sang sentimental love songs, and/or flourished ornate fans. Nobody had trouble picking out the women from the men.

I tend to be a quiet person. Talking through problems before I am ready actually makes me feel sick on my stomach. My husband is my opposite. He talks A LOT. His outgoing nature is one of the reasons that I am attracted to him. However, he is the one more likely to start discussions about feelings than I am.

If masculinity and femininity is instinctual there would be no reason to teach people to act either male or female. We would do so automatically.

Quote:

Women HAVE got to stop trying to be men

WOW!!! That is just like me and my husband, like, did I post this myself and then forget about it??? Cool. Maybe we're kindred spirits.

"The world is clouded by androgyny!" - It is? Wow. Last time I checked women even in the mainstream world had to be dedicated servants, humble, quiet little beings, excellent cooks in the kitchen and unpaid professional sex workers in the bedroom, living exemplary lives while looking like a cross breed between a Victoria's Secret angel and a poster housewife from the 50s, constantly catering to all men's needs of flattery, while being faithful and committed to their owner. I mean, "spouse".

No Dearie, no. Our skies are still "sunny" and bright with oppression. Take it easy now.

*typo

Morgan has come up with another idiotic brainwashed fundamentalist fuckery anti-feminist post to discuss what about all the menz!

snip

It sounds quite exciting doesn't it? Hordes of angry women hurtling around an arena shrieking "Equality!", looking ay each other and saying "whatever that means" and then battering all the menz in their path. :violence-hammer:

These people dont understand feminism.

It isnt about women wanting to be men, or women wanting to be better than men, but rather men and women being equal and both being allowed to do the same things, even if these things are usually stereotypically for the opposite sex.

"The world is clouded by androgyny!" - It is? Wow. Last time I checked women even in the mainstream world had to be dedicated servants, humble, quiet little beings, excellent cooks in the kitchen and unpaid professional sex workers in the bedroom, living exemplary lives while looking like a cross breed between a Victoria's Secret angel and a poster housewife from the 50s, constantly catering to all men's needs of flattery, while being faithful and committed to their owner. I mean, "spouse".

No Dearie, no. Our skies are still "sunny" and bright with oppression. Take it easy now.

*typo

:clap: I like you already. ;)

It sounds quite exciting doesn't it? Hordes of angry women hurtling around an arena shrieking "Equality!", looking ay each other and saying "whatever that means" and then battering all the menz in their path. :violence-hammer:

Sounds like fun! Can I come help?

Men today are battered by angry women who shriek for “equality†that they don’t understand.

What is not to understand about equality? If a woman is performing the exact same job as a man is, then she deserves the same wages. Not 30% less because she doesn't possess the almighty penis. Angry about unequal pay for the exact same amount of work? Abso-fucking-lutley. And exactly why is it that when a woman yells it is "shrieking" but when a man does it's perceived as an almost positive thing in the workplace?

Sounds like fun! Can I come help?

:dance: Me too! And we have to have AVEnues, on her form already so far she'll fit right in here :)

Wow. She should come to my work and watch all these men I work with (I'm an engineer in a very male-dominated office) talk a probalem to solution. Happens pretty much all day, every day.

Also, there's no mistaking me for a man. I'm 100% woman. I like to shop, get my hair done, etc. However, when it comes to being meek and quiet, that I am not. I speak up for myself and others. My husband (who cannot be mistaken for a woman) loves that about me.

My cousin recently posted on her instagram that "Let Me be a Woman" is one of her favorite books. She's gone deeper and deeper into the fundy world in the past few years, and it scares the crap out of me. She's only 20, and engaged to her first boyfriend. This girl (and in many ways she's still very much a girl), is the closest thing to a sister I'll probably ever have, and it's terrifying to see her drift away like this. She is so kind, and loving, and intelligent, and somehow believes that the only place a woman should be is the home - just because that's her dream. It kills me.

*typo

Preach it, sister!

That terrifies them. Women having their own ideas? Following their own personalities and inclinations? Unpossible!

These people dont understand feminism.

It isnt about women wanting to be men, or women wanting to be better than men, but rather men and women being equal and both being allowed to do the same things, even if these things are usually stereotypically for the opposite sex.

ITA plus...

it is about PEOPLE being who they are with out trying to stuff themselves in an ideal that does not fit their authenticity.

My cousin recently posted on her instagram that "Let Me be a Woman" is one of her favorite books. She's gone deeper and deeper into the fundy world in the past few years, and it scares the crap out of me. She's only 20, and engaged to her first boyfriend. This girl (and in many ways she's still very much a girl), is the closest thing to a sister I'll probably ever have, and it's terrifying to see her drift away like this. She is so kind, and loving, and intelligent, and somehow believes that the only place a woman should be is the home - just because that's her dream. It kills me.

Interesting how did she get involved w/ Fundy. Was she raised that way. It must be so hard for you to watch.

As an SCA member, I just have to shake my head and laugh. Manly men who killed other men with swords also, depending on the era, wore perfume, long flowing gowns with loads of rings, short tunic dresses over tights, high-heeled shoes, gold earrings, starched lace collars, beauty patches, rouge, and/or long curly wigs. They did needlepoint, composed and sang sentimental love songs, and/or flourished ornate fans. Nobody had trouble picking out the women from the men.

This!

The concept of what is suitable for one gender over another is such a social construct, and it has changed drastically over the years. These fundies assume that everything was better back in the day and they don't even realize that the good old days look nothing like the world they have cooked up in their imagination.

It never fails to amuse me how these fundie women accuse the feminists of the very thing they are most guilty of. We aren't the ones who have low opinions of men.

This!

The concept of what is suitable for one gender over another is such a social construct, and it has changed drastically over the years. These fundies assume that everything was better back in the day and they don't even realize that the good old days look nothing like the world they have cooked up in their imagination.

QFT. Fundies would completely dismiss Jesus if they saw him as he was Middle Eastern, with long hair and wore a "dress" which was really a long tunic. Another thing was that for centuries, infant boys also wore gowns, and didn't start wearing pants until they were potty trained at least. Christening gowns were a unisex thing, and worn by babies for generations.

Archived