IGNORED

Genius the Movie (Ray Comfort & John Lennon)

Deleted07

Imagine no Ray Comfort

It isn't hard to do

No more trashy "documentaries"

And no Kirk Cameron, too

Imagine all the fundies

M-ing their OB

Ooh!

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope some day they'll shut up

And let others have some fun.

Imagine no Ray Comfort

It isn't hard to do

And no Kirk Cameron, too

Imagine all the fundies

M-ing their OB

Ooh!

But I'm not the only one

Win.

Imagine no Ray Comfort

It isn't hard to do

And no Kirk Cameron, too

Imagine all the fundies

M-ing their OB

Ooh!

But I'm not the only one

I like you already! :D

Guest Anonymous

Oops - I posted in the instagram thread. Here's my version...

Summary:

Lennon was born so an ebil single mother and was raised by his aunt. He told a reporter that he was "more popular than jesus" and then the music was banned in the bible belt and they got death threats. This confused lennon.

The "more popular than jesus thing" was probably true because british churches were boring and had cold seats and surrounded by a cemetary. Brits didnt like jesus because it was boring and the beatles were interesting so... um...

8/11/66 Lennon had a news conference and he answered that "he meant more to kids than jesus... he's not better or greater than jesus... it was all taken wrong." They wanted to cancel the tour but didnt because he was under contract. Comfort throws random quotes around... did Lennon mean it or did he not?

Comfort goes back to the street asking random people how he died... no one knows. He uses the same people from earlier in the clips. Then he gets some newer people who knows...

Flash to newspaper and the murder... talks about other famous people he wanted to kill.

Comfort asks the same street people and gets in a fight with a redhead who's screaming at the reporters. I like her... theres a discussion about heaven or not.

He throws a hypothetical about people theoretically stealing money from a bank if they could get away with it. Most people say they'd take it. Watch the background around 9:10 where he has to blur out some women walking by who are defrauding.

Next hypo - a woman wants to kill her husband and all you have to do is drop arsenic in his water and you cant get caught. Most people would also do it.

The people who wont say they wont do it because its all about morals and jebus. Stealing is OK but killing isnt. Comfort says that the only difference between murderers/monkeys and civilized people is jebus. Comfort "interviews" some kid where he's really just yelling at him about the big bang. He argues about 'athiestic evolution' being wrong... Love the "test your IQ" with einstein on it hanging behind around 14:40.

Switch back to Lennon. He didnt believe in evolution and it just gave the academics something to talk about.

back to the street, asking people how well they sing... People overrate themselves and how they sing and we do the same ethically. He asks people how many lies theyve told, how much have they stolen, used gods name in vain (thats very serious) - on guy says "oh my god" and comfort yells at him and says he'll have to bleep him, asks people if they look at a woman lustfully and thats adultary. He asks some guy if he's gay.

Everyone says they're "guilty" before god - fornication etc... now everyone says they'd go to hell. One guy says that he doesnt believe in Hell - comfort says that if he didnt believe in the electric chair and he was sentenced there he's still going.

Comfort now tells the people on the street that they're going to hell, switches to how god can forgive everyone if you acknowledge your sins and jebus saved you... god can legally dismiss your case because your fine was paid by jebus. Gotta let go of your sins and god can let you live forever... comfort starts bible quotes again. People stare blankly at him... Lots of them say that they'll immediately do it and repent and trust in christ. Those that want to delay comfort says they could die right now and they shouldnt wait.

People say that he's "blown his mind"...

Back to Lennon. Apparently lennon wanted happiness? Back to the red head. Screaming match in the street... there is no heaven... we need this woman here. Comfort says hes not judging her, but shes a "lying theiving blasphemous adulterer..." People are blurred in the crowd for their dress. The woman is standing on a box of some sort... Comfort knows her name. They go through the einstein chart. He says that cows dont drink milk... they drink water (um, no... baby cows drink milk).

Back to Lennon. He was moved by NBC's movie Jesus of Nazareth but then he went back and wrote an angry song "serve yourself." Lennon had a false conversion because of an unbiblical promise of a happy life. The "not getting caught" stealing is the same as the false conversion promise and people who convert to be happy are not really converted and will be judged.

back to the street, asks people if they are a good person. One person he's interviewing (27 minutes or so) I'm pretty sure is a transgendered person. (confirmed a few minutes later...)

Churches are a stranger to genuine converts because they havent truly repented. ie - you're in the wrong church. Talks to the "cross dresser" (his words) and mentions idolatry... says they cant go to heaven.

Back to Lennon... the murderer now has a "deep relationship with christ". He was a christian before he killed lennon. Refers back to all the other people that think they're christians but arent really christians because they dont address their sins.

"Imagine" really means that there IS a heaven. Its the concept of positive prayer. "Imagine theres no religion" doesnt really mean that, it means wicked people that fight over their religion.

BTW - this isnt a "movie". Its not even a documentary. Its rambling propoganda with a point that can be summed up simply as "you suck and are going to the wrong church. Even if you believe in jesus if youre not following my version youre wrong."

Lots of stock and media pics but no music. Guess the rights were too pricey.

Please credit my life account with approximately 30 minutes for the waste of time on this. I'm not bothering to fix the typos...

Sorry, Buzzard. Comfort being what he is, you'll never see those 30 minutes again.

Hey I just watched the trailer and realized the parts filmed at a college are at my school, Cerritos College here in CA

[snipped]

BTW - this isnt a "movie". Its not even a documentary. Its rambling propoganda with a point that can be summed up simply as "you suck and are going to the wrong church. Even if you believe in jesus if youre not following my version youre wrong."

My thoughts exactly!

Its basically just a big old Ray Comfort wank-a-thon! Comfort knows all, you're all going to Hell, because that's how his Jesus rolls. Lets expose all of your sins, because you're evil and don't know it!. But don't dare ask me about my sins of pride, vanity, greed, wrath, and envy which are display in this little "feature".

Also can someone explain to me, HOW does getting on your knees and praying and saying "OK Jesus, I messed up here. Yes I sinned, I am a sinner! Can you forgive me?" going to suddenly make Jesus say, oh OKAI your on the incrowd now! Heaven Guaranteed and application accepted!

I just don't get it. :think:

Buzzard, thank you for your sacrifice.

Dysfundamental, come sit by me.

Ray Comfort, you are a sleazy dishonest shit.

EF as always you sum it up brilliantly.

For killing the husband I'd want to know if there was a clear political necessity. I suspect not as killing individuals can be problematic from that angle.

Dysfundamental, I think I love you.

And what Exotic Familiarity said. Methinks Mr Comfort is suffering from a touch of that old fundie malady, Do-As-I-Say-Not-As-I-Do.

Everyone says they're "guilty" before god - fornication etc... now everyone says they'd go to hell. One guy says that he doesnt believe in Hell - comfort says that if he didnt believe in the electric chair and he was sentenced there he's still going.

Oh FFS :roll: I wish some person with half a brain would follow Comfort around and film unedited footage of these little street convos. I'm sure anyone who tried would have to be hospitalized from banging their heads against nearby hard surfacs, but it'd be interesting to see. I'll bet he had to spend days out there with people ignoring him or fucking with him before he could get like 20 minutes of actual material.

A lot of what he peddles is thru distraction, I would say the woman he put on the soapbox(he seems to do this in the hopes of intimidating or (eventually) humiliating the person, had run the gamat of his crud, so what he does is argues and yells at people , gets them all worked up them throws his dumb questionairre at them -Confuses them then tries to embarass them so he feel superior! Such a lovely Christian.

I would love for him to come to my town, cause I would love tot rhow his Chrisitan principles back at him. So how many animals did Noah take into the Ark -many people don't know the real answer.

It's the same garbage as his last film but he uses John Lennon to draw people to watch it and very carefully keeps from slandering th man. I sure Hope Yoko Ono goes after him for whateve money she can get -using john for a documantarty might pass in courts but selling th eCd's might end him up in court at a loss she is VERY careful about who mucks with John's image..and Ray Comfort doesn;t go into all the detail surrounding the quotes and circumstances of Lennon's he uses . Typical Chrisitan BS detraction distraction then we can save you since you are so bad!

Archived