IGNORED

So what's your favorite Christmas movie?

Guest One and Done

I love The Homecoming, as well.. CBS used to show it regularly on Christmas afternoon.

I did forget one movie that I look forward to every December :The Man Who Came to Dinner. It's sort of a screwball Christmas film TCM usually shows it.

I've got this thing about stars who were in more than one Christmas movie. Monty Wooley was also in The Bishop's Wife and Since You Went Away.

Did i mention Bachelor Mother?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turner Classic Movies has posted their schedule of Christmas movies: http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/518186|0/Christmas-Classics-in-December.html

One thing I noticed about the schedule is that for the movies that are shown in the wee hours of the morning (The Man Who Came to Dinner, It Happened on Fifth Avenue and Auntie Mame), TCM also has a showing of the film at a much more reasonable hour. The exceptions are The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady which is being re-aired on St Paddy's Day and Salute to the Marines and Life Begins for Andy Hardy. These last two aren't on the schedule but they show up periodically.

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death" Auntie Mame Dennis

I really love Joyeaux Noel (2005), about the Christmas Armistice during WWI.

I started off the Christmas movie watching season with that one this year, I really, really love it. I can't stand Diane Kruger and the "opera" scenes are embarassing to watch, but other than that, great movie. I pretty much sob through the second half.

Three Wishes for Cinderella. Most German women born after 1975 will sigh and agree with me. It's on TV around Christmas at least 5 times on different channels, and I WILL watch it if I catch it, even though I have it on DVD.

Other than that... Muppets Christmas Carol, Scrooged, Love, Actually, and I have a feeling I'm missing some.

Miracle on 34th Street

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Frosty the Snowman

The Little Drummer Boy

A Charlie Brown Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

What can I say....I turn into a child during Christmas...LOL

I'm going to be watching 80s Garfield episodes the entire Christmas, starting with the Christmas special. And boy, will I have a mouth full of yummies and candy cane martini.

Die Hard. I don't care what anyone says, it takes place during Christmas :lol:

I also love, love, love Elf.

Well, Die Hard fits my admittedly loose definition of a Christmas movie. A film needs to be set in part or In whole during the Christmas season. That's why Little Women, Auntie Mame, and the Bridget Jones movies are Christmas movies. Three Godfathers is a Christmas film because it alludes to the Christmas stop so strongly. I'm not sure what season it is set. Oh, and I was reminded this morning that Peyton Place is a Chirstmas movie and it may be the only one with an illegal abortion in it.

Home Alone and the Father Ted Christmas Special! I might watch that later despite it not being Christmas![/quote

I read a story about a pregnant woman going into labour because she laughed so hard at Mrs Doyle falling off the windowsill!

Speaking of FT, I love your avatars, Irishy and Aisling! It's really awesome to meet not one but THREE Father Ted fans in the same thread! Consider me a fourth.

Miracle on 34th Street and Christmas in Connecticut are both airing tonight on AMC. Miracle on 34th Street comes on at 8 PM and again at 10:15. Christmas in Connecticut follows at 12:30.

Christmas would have to be one of my favorite movie genres

1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

2. Home Alone 1

3. A Christmas Story

4. Elf

5. The Little Drummer Boy

6. Home Alone 2

7. Santa's Magic Kingdom (terrifying 50s b grade movie)

8. Muppets Christmas Carol

9. A Christmas Carol (the 3d from a few years ago)

10. Its A Wonderful Life

11. Prancer

12. Misc Holiday Telemovies this year its The Christmas Consultant starring D. Hasselhoff & a movie based on the life on the brilliant master painter Thomas Kinkade

National Lampoons Christmas.

Has anyone seen the Old Navy commercial with the Griswolds?

I'm not 'into' christmas, being a Halloween Nut and all, but I love NLCV. I like the Old Navy commercial, too.

• 2 weeks later...

RENT (although definitely no way remotely comparable to the musical I do enjoy the line "Merry Christmas Bitches!")

Anything involving claymation

The Holiday (because I lived Kate Winslet's character)

The animated Grinch

In no order:

Elf

Little Drummer Boy

The Santa Clause

Miracle on 34th Street

Home Alone

Prancer (was a favorite as a kid...haven't seen it in years, though...this thread makes me want to track it down!)

Archived