IGNORED

Abigail's Anti-Harried Wife Syndrome Series

GeoBQn

Abigail has been on a roll lately with her series on tips for avoiding being a "harried wife."

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/thoughts-about-harried-wife-syndrome.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-anti-harried-wives-club-part-ii.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/anti-harried-wife-syndrome-part-iii.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/anti-harried-wife-syndrome-part-iv.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/anti-harried-wife-syndrome-part-v-are.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/anti-harried-wives-syndrome-what-to-do.html

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012/11/anti-harried-wife-syndrome-wisely.html

She provides some valuable pieces of advice, such as:

1. Sit NEXT to your husband at church, without any children in between.

2. Being "too tired" or "too busy" for sex are not good excuses.

3. All Catholics are poor, and should embrace the blessings of poverty.

4. Your husband is showing his love for you when he tells you to end a friendship with another woman.

Our Lady of the Crazy Pants says:

So post-partum (an important note, I've never, ever given vaginal birth--it's all c-sections) I get this incredible lift. It's like "Oh, I've got my body back, my husband is good looking again!"

You know, I'm sure I might have felt like having sex after having a baby if I hadn't, you know, given vaginal birth. Hadn't torn so badly it took them 45 minutes to stitch me back up because my daughter decided she was ready and didn't care about the rest of my body.

Not that all new mothers aren't still tired and all, but seriously?

Guest Anonymous
Abigail has been on a roll lately with her series on tips for avoiding being a "harried wife."

4. Your husband is showing his love for you when he tells you to end a friendship with another woman.

If my husband tried that he would A. Become re-acquainted with the living room couch B. Need a sitz bath for his balls and C. Need a refresher course in Advanced Jerking Off.

So post-partum (an important note, I've never, ever given vaginal birth--it's all c-sections) I get this incredible lift. It's like "Oh, I've got my body back, my husband is good looking again!"

Everything looked good after my Csection, I was pumped up on morphine.

She provides some valuable pieces of advice, such as:

1. Sit NEXT to your husband at church, without any children in between.

2. Being "too tired" or "too busy" for sex are not good excuses.

3. All Catholics are poor, and should embrace the blessings of poverty.

1. Does this remind anyone else of "couch time" ? It always creeped me out when I read about it. If mom & dad want some peace and quiet, they are welcome to retire to their bedroom, but intentionally and pointedly ignoring the family in the family room seems odd.

2. Yes. Yes they are. Certainly making time for physical intimacy is important, but so is recognizing one's limits. No means no.

3. This does seem to be a little closer to the biblical model than the prosperity gospel, but I'm not sure this is what He had in mind.

4. At Target the other day I overheard one teen say to the other, "Yeah, but my boyfriend won't let me go over there anymore" and I spun around so quick to give her a good primer on womanhood and responsibility, but then her friend beat me to it. I don't know if my DH could name five friends of mine, let alone have any opinions about it.

Where I come from husbands want their down time as well, and are perfectly content for their wives to have friends to bond with and do things with so they can watch the football/soccer game in peace. :roll: Why would they mess up a good thing for themselves by telling their wives to ditch their friends? Hell, their wives can sit next to their friends in church and it's all good.

Everything looked good after my Csection, I was pumped up on morphine.

QFT. Between new baby/ breast feeding happy chemicals and morphine I was full of love for the whole world after all three of my c sections. After they took away my morphine drip and sent me home with staples holding my stomach together and a new baby to care for (and toddler/s the second and third time) - not so much. I certainly wasn't keen for sweet fellowship until I healed and got contraception issues under control. Headship had to be happy with blowjobs for quite a few weeks, and he was damn lucky to get them, between crying babies and swollen breasts and the hormonal crash.

If my husband tried that he would A. Become re-acquainted with the living room couch B. Need a sitz bath for his balls and C. Need a refresher course in Advanced Jerking Off.

THIS!,

#1 sounds like a recipe for either children misbehaving in church, an even more harried mother, or both

Where I come from husbands want their down time as well, and are perfectly content for their wives to have friends to bond with and do things with so they can watch the football/soccer game in peace. :roll: Why would they mess up a good thing for themselves by telling their wives to ditch their friends? Hell, their wives can sit next to their friends in church and it's all good.

She claims that she's glad for her husband's orders because she's bad at recognizing "hurtful" friendships. If this is turning into a regular occurrence, either her husband is trying to control her or, based on her past writings, Abigail is the hurtful element in the friendship.

Archived