IGNORED

Love my jean skirt

0 kids n not countin

Some of these are at least slightly stylish, most are not. Perfect for the fundie woman with no interest in learning any homemaking skills other than lying on her back and popping out babies!

Ooh, some of these jean skirts are a bit on the short side. Still "modest" apparently, but you'd be showing some leg...

The only jean skirts I think look nice are of the mini variety.

Does it make me weird for liking jeans skirts? I have about 6 of different lengths and styles. Some are Duggar approved and none are shorter than just below the knee. I don't do short skirts and am much happier in long ones. I've got an ankle length cord skirt on now.

Does it make me weird for liking jeans skirts? I have about 6 of different lengths and styles. Some are Duggar approved and none are shorter than just below the knee. I don't do short skirts and am much happier in long ones. I've got an ankle length cord skirt on now.

Sola, I love jean skirts! I am in the process of making 2 out of worn out jeans, and both will be above the knee (one right above and one higher) so neither will be Duggar approved. However I do understand the love of maxi skirts.....I own some (but i'm short, most everything on me is longer than designed! LOL!).

I own a lot of denim skirts, and I regardless of how much I move away from the "fundieness" I don't think I will ever go back to denim pants (or any really). They just aren't comfortable for me, although I love the look of dark wash denim pants. They make legs look super long.

This woman's jean skirts though.....I don't know. I don't care for them. The big ruffles on them seem cute for a little girl or teen. But I would feel like an idiot wearing them at my age. I'm sure they would look cute on some adult woman...but i'm not one of them.

I have a denim skirt that I love. It is almost about two inches above my ankles but it wouldn't pass the Maxwell test because it has contrasting buttons.

I love my jean skirts too.

1) They are all ankle length because in winter it is warm and in summer it keeps the flies and dust at bay.

2) They have really deep pockets. I'm a teacher and musician. There is stuff you need to carry and neither job really allows for you carrying a handbag around. Keys and money go in one pocket, tuner and phone in the other.

3) Denim takes a lot of abuse. Yesterday I had to move twenty marching drums - they love to catch and tear fabric. Music stands often have sharp edges which will tear material and/or skin. My skirts don't tear and they protect my legs.

The difference between me and the owner of the facebook page is that I don't feel the need to have a facebook page dedicated to my clothes! Maybe I should start one. Not skirts. They are boring. I do have a really big collection of hats....

I actually ordered a skirt from there a basic knee length one with a hem ran me about 50.00 and took awhile to receive it. The quality was pretty sturdy, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money again.

They seem kind of expensive for the fundie set. Is there really a market for 7s turned into skirts? Those jeans are $100-$150 I think my outlet pair was around $70. That will get you a lot of goodwill jeans. Some of them are cute, although I'd wear them a bit shorter or with a slit. That anal blossom just eww.

They seem kind of expensive for the fundie set. Is there really a market for 7s turned into skirts? Those jeans are $100-$150 I think my outlet pair was around $70. That will get you a lot of goodwill jeans. Some of them are cute, although I'd wear them a bit shorter or with a slit. That anal blossom just eww.

You can get them for about $20-30 at TJ Maxx, less if they are on sale. I doubt fundies realize that they are wearing last season's designs. My daughter had 7's last year and they were $8 on the clearance rack there.

The majority of the customers they attract are the apostolic UPCI types I don't know if they qualify as fundie since the ones I've met sent their kids to regular school, worked, women went to college, etc. I went to school with two apostolic girls and while they may have worn the same types of fundie skirts that's about the only thing they had in common with fundies and were known to be quite the party types.

Jean skirt fan here too! I like completely floor length or well above the knee. Only in the summer though because I hate wearing tights under them in the winter. I have made a couple myself out of worn out jeans and I have to say they turned out pretty good.

This looks familiar! :P

I also love the ones with names written on them, PERFECT for fundies really so they don't have to think too much about which child is which!

167806_492121977549_6929344_n.jpg

167705_490288217549_1346514_n.jpg

I like jean skirts. :P LOL! I made one for Blondie (daughter) that is sooooo cute! Took an old pair of jeans, cut them about knee length, added a little piece of leopard fabric in the triangles and added a leopard ruffle to the bottom! Love!

Count me as someone who has several skirts from her. All of mine were made from my own old or thrifted jeans though, and while she was running sales. (NO WAY I could pay the 50+ for just a basic skirt, nevermind the extra details) All of mine are just basic floor length, she does do really nice work to her credit- even though it does take FOREVER to get it. I did get one knee length one and it was WAY fitted and to pencil-y for me.

And I am the same way. I am just more comfortable in a long skirt, and am drawn to denim ones. They are pretty much all I wear- unless I'm doing something that requires pants. Contrary to fundy belief, there ARE activities better suited for pants.

I love long skirts but only own 2. One is calf length and white, the other is ankle-length and black. I'd totally wear a jean skirt.

But not the one with the fart-flowers.

There's also no way in hell I'd wear.one with my name on it. That's just silly.

I love long skirts but only own 2. One is calf length and white, the other is ankle-length and black. I'd totally wear a jean skirt.

But not the one with the fart-flowers.

There's also no way in hell I'd wear.one with my name on it. That's just silly.

I think the one with the names are for kids? I hope so at least! I don't put daughter's full name on clothes though... maybe a "J" or something but that's it. It is silly looking though. Fart flowers. :lol:

Archived