IGNORED

Love my jean skirt

0 kids n not countin

I think it was discussed in the FB group, that how dangerous it could be for a predator to see a childs name on their skirt or back-pack or what-have-you and use that information to lure a child, making them think they know them or their family. Kinda disconcerting!

Count me in as another ankle-length jeans skirt lover. Heck, I'll even own up to a collection of frumpers. :lol:

1. They're all season, so I don't have to have spring/summer and autumn/winter wardrobes. I wear them barelegged in warm weather and over wooly tights in cold weather.

2. My classroom abuts a field and is full of dust (or mud, if it's raining) no matter how often it's cleaned, which at my school site is once a year unless I do it. So they can get grimy and I'm Okay with it.

3. Ankle-length frumpers allow me to bend or stretch and not worry about shirts riding up.

4. I get frumpers with deep side pockets and well as a big pocket in the bib so I can carry pens, keys, laser pointer/laptop clicker, as well as any number of iPods and cell phones I confiscate from students in a given day.

5. They're sturdy, so if I have to rearrange desks or move stuff around I don't have to worry that I'm going to snag or rip delicate fabric.

I love my denim skirts and frumpers!

I'm also one of those who would rather wear jeans as they're originally designed, unless the skirt was at least knee length, and without fart flowers. The only ankle length things I wear are maxi dresses which certainly aren't fundie approved as they have small straps.

I actually like jeans skirts and have 3 knee-length ones myself. Love to wear them with boots in the colder weather. I'm pretty petite, so don't know where I'd find a longer length one that would fit me. While I do like jean skirts, I don't like the ones made out of an old pair of jeans (pants) so you have to put a piece of triangle fabric in the middle (such as the ones shown on the faebook page). Imo they are ugly on adults, maybe that's a cute style for little girls. In addition, my wardrobe consists of more than just jean skirts, and I do like wearing regular jean pants as well. ;)

I love jeans skirts, but I can't stand the ones actually made from jeans like that. I don't like the big triangle and the weird flap where the fly was on them. I've seen some where they just used the yoke of the jeans cut off flat under the pockets for the top of a skirt and liked them a little better, but it still looks odd to me.

Guest Anonymous
I love jeans skirts, but I can't stand the ones actually made from jeans like that. I don't like the big triangle and the weird flap where the fly was on them. I've seen some where they just used the yoke of the jeans cut off flat under the pockets for the top of a skirt and liked them a little better, but it still looks odd to me.

This.

I don't get the point of keeping customers waiting while she grubs around for second hand jeans to rip up. Wouldn't it be cheaper to make denim skirts from scratch?

Guest Anonymous
Theresa Niffen Drazba

I am looking for the right person to work partime at Love My Jean Skirt shop. We are a thriving growing business with almost 7000 facebook fans and I can't keep up with the growth. I prefer orking with a female with strong orangizational skills to help with order management, sales and marketing (good computer skills a must). Picture & picture editing skills helpful as well Text me @ ...... or send resume to theresa@......

Is this legal?

These are so tacky, I'm fine with jean skirts, even frump ones, but the laid out jeans look is terrible. Doesn't it defeat their purpose for wearing skirt a bit? Or maybe that's the appeal.

I think it was discussed in the FB group, that how dangerous it could be for a predator to see a childs name on their skirt or back-pack or what-have-you and use that information to lure a child, making them think they know them or their family. Kinda disconcerting!

Not on FB (as much as I can help, it does my head in). But I think paedos are given too much space and attention.

A kid wearing a namebadge so a supply teacher knows them is A TARGET FOR PAEDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So is a picture in the paper of a new Primary 1 (5 year old) class, or any picture of a child anywhere.

It's not important. There could be a paedo who has a wank to a picture of a kid. But if he does that and knows he is wrong and never touches a child in an inappropriate manner, the issue is between him and the computer.

The kid never knows at all what people think regarding his or her picture, and isn't harmed in any way even if said paedo does have a wank. The issue would arise (as it were) if someone tried to sexually harm a child because they saw his or her name on a picture or IRL. Does this happen?

I think the worry is that a paedo who knows a child's name would use it to put the child more "at ease". The same way some paedo/killers use the "my puppy is lost can you help me look for it?" line to lure a kid in a car. That said, I tend to agree with your overall assessment that we become so worried about the paedo we think is on every corner that we are actually giving them more attention than they deserve as long as they are keeping the hands to/on themselves. The awful truth is that a paedo who cannot keep his hands off a kid has LOTS of luring techniques.

My cousin got a comment from a friend that who was truly horrified when she went to one of our infant baptisms the first time. We baptize infants naked. No diaper, no fig leaf.....naked. She actually asked (out of genuine concern) if my cousin and his wife were not worried about a hypothetical peado who might be at the baptism. The short answer is...............no.

I think the worry is that a paedo who knows a child's name would use it to put the child more "at ease". The same way some paedo/killers use the "my puppy is lost can you help me look for it?" line to lure a kid in a car. That said, I tend to agree with your overall assessment that we become so worried about the paedo we think is on every corner that we are actually giving them more attention than they deserve as long as they are keeping the hands to/on themselves. The awful truth is that a paedo who cannot keep his hands off a kid has LOTS of luring techniques.

My cousin got a comment from a friend that who was truly horrified when she went to one of our infant baptisms the first time. We baptize infants naked. No diaper, no fig leaf.....naked. She actually asked (out of genuine concern) if my cousin and his wife were not worried about a hypothetical peado who might be at the baptism. The short answer is...............no.

Yeah bolded was my point.

I agree we give these A-holes too much thought, but I guess its a parents worse nightmare!.

Of course I believe its statistically more common for someone really close to abuse a child, so parents, uncle, cousin, teacher/tutor, parents best friends etc... People in the trusted position to begin with.

The luring thing not so common, although certainly still happens. I just wouldn't put a kids name out there on piece of clothing for someone to try and take advantage of. But by all means if they are going to lure and groom the kid etc they're gonna find a way, anyway and use any information they can :-( Gross and makes me mad! :evil:

Archived