IGNORED

GOP Rape Advisory Chart

Peas n carrots

De-lurking to pass this post on. I didn't see it up on any of the existing threads.

whatever.scalzi.com/2012/10/25/a-fan-letter-to-certain-conservative-politicians/

WTF is going on in this country? I'd like to believe that people have gone starkers but I think, seriously, that the nutjobs have finally just been honest enough to voice what they've always thought. Women are gaining on men and the white, heterosexual man can't stand it. So they try to silence and degrade women. I admit that I've always considered myself a feminist as my mother raised me to be one - and convinced my father that feminism is right and just through example, etc. But I'm becoming more and more like the feminists the men warn you about: a man hating harpy who trusts no man, who feels that men are actively pursuing her demise, at least in terms of freedom and autonomy. I can't see men anymore without wondering how he will attempt to silence and oppress me. Perhaps it's the Grey Goose talking, but I want to thank FJ for letting me know that being an outspoken, honest and loud feminist is something to which I should aspire and that regardless of what we're supposed to think, I consider FJ the only free, honest and safe place where I can be as true to my feelings as I want. Not that I think FJ is in any way a therapeutic community - only that I don't have to censor myself or be dishonest or have to curb my expression in any way. Fuck the patriarchy. Fuck scared and entitled men. Fuck you all. If I could choose my sexual orientation I'd go lesbian in a moment. I'd rather be in the company of strong women than spend one minute with a man. Fuck you all.

This. To all of it!

Bold: With all the stupid shit these men have been going around saying about women, then maybe we need to become like those feminists men warn about. Like someone said above, where do these dudes think they came from? A stork?!

Also, I love me some Grey Goose (w/ cranberry juice). Go girl! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I'm very fortunate that the men in my life who can affect the little girls in my life (BILs, cousins, etc) have come out very vocal in this election cycle that they fear for the future of their daughters, and it is no longer "business as usual" when discussing politics. At this point I'm going to let my crazy come out and play by saying to any woman I know IRL that tells me they are voting R to turn in their ovaries. Really, just turn the equipment in, because if your boy wins it will all belong to the men in your life anyway.

I'm very fortunate that the men in my life who can affect the little girls in my life (BILs, cousins, etc) have come out very vocal in this election cycle that they fear for the future of their daughters, and it is no longer "business as usual" when discussing politics. At this point I'm going to let my crazy come out and play by saying to any woman I know IRL that tells me they are voting R to turn in their ovaries. Really, just turn the equipment in, because if your boy wins it will all belong to the men in your life anyway.

You misunderstand, the GOP doesn't want to take away women's ovaries, just control them. Teh menz know reproduction and birthing babies better than any woman could. ;)

Archived