IGNORED

What Women Want in a President...by a man. Seriously.

ceg045

Women want a strong man, no a weak man, no they want a weak strong man who smiles nicely!

I kind of thought women wanted a leader who regardless of gender managed to lead their country well, work toward true equality, try not to bomb the neighbours, and keep the crazies away from really important policy.

At least, that's what this woman wants. Maybe I'm misguided.

That reaction gif is awesome! But a man saying what women want...especially that man, is infuriating. He can't even seem to decide what that is. You know what I want, as a woman? A man who doesn't assume to know what I want. And since when are women a big monolithic group who all want the same thing? Women should not be considered a special interest group, since a lot of what we want is the same as male voters. I want a leader who doesn't try to legislate what I do with my uterus or in my bedroom, and that's the only deal breaker for me. That's the only thing I can't understand a woman not wanting.

"But women, like all voters, also cue into the type of leader someone might be, and what their personality and communication skills say about them as a man."

Leaders = men!

:doh:

If women continue to become a larger, and larger, percentage of the electorate, and it appears they will…….the days of sensible voting are over.

That bodes serious problems for America. Very serious problems.

What in the goddamn fuck is that shit? Let us look at the last few elections, shall we?

In 2004, 60.1% of women and 56.3% of men voted.

That's 67.3 million women and 58.5 million men - a difference of 8.8 million.

In 2000, 56.2% of women and 53.1% of men voted.

That's 59.3 million women and 51.5 million men - a difference of 7.8 million.

In 1996, 55.5% of women and 52.8% of men voted.

That's 56.1 million women amd 48.9 million men - a difference of 7.2 million.

So, when there was the largest gap and the most women voting, guess who got voted in?

...by a man who seems not to have interviewed a single woman in preparation for writing the article, and who seems not to know any women. Got it.

Also, seconding Anise. I'm giving serious thought to voting for a woman this election. I like Jill Stein's environmental policy suggestions (and her running mate's background in workers' rights). I don't live in a swing state; if President Obama loses California, he has a lot bigger problems than my voting third-party.

Oooooooh. Here I thought I cared about the economy and foreign policy. Turns out I was really debating which candidate I'd rather sleep with or marry. Got it!

Oooooooh. Here I thought I cared about the economy and foreign policy. Turns out I was really debating which candidate I'd rather sleep with or marry. Got it!

And who are lesbians like me supposed to vote for? The First Lady I'd most like to sleep with?

Whatever. Still voting Obama ;)

Since Mr. Dowd has not one, but two ex-wives; I'm going to go ahead and take a wild shot in the dark and speculate that he has no clue as to "What Women Want" in his own life; much less across the nation as a whole. Cue the Fail Whale. I would like a leader who will address restoring and permanently maintaining reproductive rights, fully funding education and healthcare for everyone (and if that has an effect on military spending and/or increases tax rates for billionaires then cry me a river) and starts a program to rebuild national infrastructure. I could also name dozens more programs and economic issues on my list, as well as changes to certain foreign policies, environmental policies, ect. Men like this piss me off. :evil:

I want to have creepy people like him to have no power to make laws about my uterus, thankyouverymuch.

He writes like women are... some type of retarted beings who can't think and make informed decisions, but judge politicians based on their smile. Does his lowly opinion of other people allow to conclude he judges women by their boobs and ass?

It's true that issues are important, including social and cultural matters, as well as a plan on growing the economy and affordable day care and equal pay and flex time.

issues are important you guys

So a guy with two ex-wives and who dated tons of women is now an expert in women? Perhaps the reason he has two ex-wives and dated a ton of women is because he doesn't understand women and they hate him. Actually, I think that is a pretty strong possibility.

Funny enough, as a woman, I know better than to try to speak for *all* women as though we're one monolithic borg that all think as a group. My opinions on politics are not necessarily the same as my women friends' opinions, and theirs may differ from their mothers' opinions and so forth.

It would be arrogant for this guy to presume to speak for just the females in his life. To presume to speak for "women" as a whole gender pretty much puts him in some other class of asshole entirely.

What i want in a President by someone who is a woman.

-Respects women as people, not a voting block

-Wants to be president of the entire country, not just people who voted for him/pay taxes

-Respects individual rights of citizens to chose what they want to do with their bodies

- Recognizes that family values can include all kinds of families and wants civil marriage to be a civil right for all adults

- Wants every child to get a good education and recognizes that we need to fix the schools not just give them more options to choose terrible schools.

-Wants to improve the enviornment rather than deplete all its natural resources and make things worse with increased coal burning and fracking

- Will change the farming laws so we don't have such a gigantic surplus of corn and soy that it gets snuck into every food product in the grocery store and oh by the way let's check Monstanto suing farmers for planting their own seeds instead of monsanto seeds

- Has foriegn policy that doesn't require us to go into unessecary wars while ignoring humanitarian criseses in countries that don't have lots of oil/angry muslims

- Correct the immigration policies so it's fair for everyone who wants to come to this country and eliminates the underclass of undocumented immigrants

- Get rid of the war on drugs, drug addcits need therapy not jail and legalize pot a nd tax the crap out of it to generate revenue for this country.

That's my order of priorities. Obama aligns with them a lot more than Romney but he's not perfect.

What i want in a President by someone who is a woman.

-Respects women as people, not a voting block

-Wants to be president of the entire country, not just people who voted for him/pay taxes

-Respects individual rights of citizens to chose what they want to do with their bodies

- Recognizes that family values can include all kinds of families and wants civil marriage to be a civil right for all adults

- Wants every child to get a good education and recognizes that we need to fix the schools not just give them more options to choose terrible schools.

-Wants to improve the enviornment rather than deplete all its natural resources and make things worse with increased coal burning and fracking

- Will change the farming laws so we don't have such a gigantic surplus of corn and soy that it gets snuck into every food product in the grocery store and oh by the way let's check Monstanto suing farmers for planting their own seeds instead of monsanto seeds

- Has foriegn policy that doesn't require us to go into unessecary wars while ignoring humanitarian criseses in countries that don't have lots of oil/angry muslims

- Correct the immigration policies so it's fair for everyone who wants to come to this country and eliminates the underclass of undocumented immigrants

- Get rid of the war on drugs, drug addcits need therapy not jail and legalize pot a nd tax the crap out of it to generate revenue for this country.

That's my order of priorities. Obama aligns with them a lot more than Romney but he's not perfect.

I second all of this.

Archived