IGNORED

Dredd

Swamptribe

Just saw a screening of this in Miami. Won tickets. Karl Urban was there. Have been up for like 24 hours now so hope this is coherent. Anyone who loved Judge Dredd (not the Stallone movie), go see this film. It's nasty, gritty, dystopian and very violent (people had little kids at the screening, I was shocked). Note VErY VIOLENT, and it's all in 3D. But even me, who can't stand the sight of blood made it through it because the way it was done was just so cool.

Ok, I promised the people who put on the screening I'd spread the word.

• 2 weeks later...

It was very good, I really enjoyed it. The weaponry pedant in me had a bit of a moan at some bits, but with an action film you have to suspend disbelief :lol: Generally I would totally recommend it though, very nicely done!

Ma-Ma was a compelling and atypical villain, I really liked that she didn't just run around the place going "Muahahahaha! Now I destroy you!" like action film baddies normally do. You really had a feeling that with her there was so much beneath the surface (as there was with Dredd and Anderson). However the film invites you to draw your own conclusions about many things - how did Ma-Ma end up like she did? Why is the condition of the block like it is? What was the significance of Ma-Ma's guns and jacket? What do we think about the police state represented and how do we think Anderson will be after Dredd's decision...right one or not?

It was an action film with deeper layers to it. When I was in the hospital I had the displeasure of seeing Rambo movies. Now they were shit.

Archived