IGNORED

Norris and his Wife Warn of 1000 "Freedom-less" Years

Anxious Girl

ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/71671780.html

He supports evangelical Christians. Oh yayz. :roll: By "freedom" I think he means "Christian privilege to get away with bigotry and law-enforced intolerance," lol. :lol: To be quite honest, I have heard of Chuck Norris and how awesome he is, but can somebody clarify for me if he's always been a fundie supporter/sympathizer? * is not sure if she should be embarassed at not having seen a movie with him in it :oops: :? *

ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/71671780.html

He supports evangelical Christians. Oh yayz. :roll: By "freedom" I think he means "Christian privilege to get away with bigotry and law-enforced intolerance," lol. :lol: To be quite honest, I have heard of Chuck Norris and how awesome he is, but can somebody clarify for me if he's always been a fundie supporter/sympathizer? * is not sure if she should be embarassed at not having seen a movie with him in it :oops: :? *

I would not say you should be embarrassed.....lucky might be a better word. I never thought he was that great. I didn't get all the "Chuck Norris is so tough" stuff going about the inter-webz until I realized it was fundies and evangelicals doing the touting.

And yes, I'm quite sure your words are right on in terms of what their idea of freedom loss is: " Christian privilege to get away with bigotry and law-enforced intolerance'. Well put. It reminds me of this little cartoon that always made me giggle:

I don't know how long Norris has been vocal about being a major Tea Party (do they still exist as a bonafide movement, or did they merge with the GOP?) supporter, but I remember in 2008 him being a huge Mike Huckabee fan. He had a blog on World Nut Daily (that site is weird) where he rapsodized about Huckabee all the time during the '08 Repub primaries.

He's a hardcore rightwinger that's for sure.

The real threat to freedom in the country is the damn Teabaggers.

I wonder if the people that make ERA laundry detergent rue the day that TPTB decided on saying that their detergent was "Chuck Norris Approved". The ads suck, btw.

I remember when he wrote an article about Chuck Norris jokes that was pretty insane.

wnd.com/2006/10/38499/

And this was in 2006!

People's reactions to becoming a meme are always interesting. Most don't use it as an excuse to proselytize. Then again, that's the batshit evangelical's response to everything. I think he also mistook people making him into a meme for people giving a shit about his beliefs and his stance on evolution. Even I don't give a shit, because he doesn't even bother to explain why he's a creationist. And I normally find creationists pretty entertaining.

I guess the concept of "people joking around" simply doesn't exist in his universe. A lot of fundie types seem to lack a sense of humor. I don't know how they survive, I'd be toast without mine.

I try to differentiate between my admiration for a person's work from their political opinions. I was never a fan of Chuck Norris but plenty of people were who were do not share his political views. I mean, Clint Eastwood was an acclaimed actor and Oscar winning actor and he was a key speaker at the RNC doing that weird Obama chair thing which was rather silly, I thought. Doesn't diminish my respect for the man's directing.

Holy crap that comic is fantastic.

And this is news. I wonder when he got all religious. I always got the 'I don't care' vibe from him.

Holy crap that comic is fantastic.

I'm glad you like it. I have it saved right to my desk top so I can whip it out in case of emergency....haha. For me, anyway, it sums it all up perfectly!

I'm glad you like it. I have it saved right to my desk top so I can whip it out in case of emergency....haha. For me, anyway, it sums it all up perfectly!

It is! I'll show it to my Gov. teacher, he'll love it.

Anyone else get the feeling that Chuck is grasping for his last five minuets of fame? Maybe the meme went to his head.

It is! I'll show it to my Gov. teacher, he'll love it.

Anyone else get the feeling that Chuck is grasping for his last five minuets of fame? Maybe the meme went to his head.

Sounds like he was a prick before the meme happened. He just tried to capitalize on it in an "I'm gonna show them how smart I am!" kind of way.

THANK YOU!!!! I am such a Neil Gaiman fan girl and he deserves the adoration more than Chuck Norris!

Those are way better! Sadly, they don't appeal to the internet's love of hypermasculine ridiculousness the way Chuck Norris does.

After watching that video I think it's safe to say that Ronald Reagan has replaced Jesus Christ in some circles.

Archived