IGNORED

More fun with stuffed animal courtesy of the Arndt boys

0 kids n not countin

famteam.com/today/images/full/20120902_124200.jpg

Cookie Monster looks like he’s belting out a song.

John Arndt.

Seriously, you would think a 30 year old would have something more interesting to post, but I suppose we are talking about a 30 year old Arndt boy. :roll:

Mod edit: Please don't hotlink. Right click on the image and save it to your computer than host it somewhere like photobucket.

They are never getting married.

Somebody please introduce Sarah Maxwell to him.

I'm relatively new to the Maxwells and know nothing at all about the Arndts - in all seriousness, is there any reason why Sarah and John wouldn't be matched? Do they move in different fundie circles?

Steve would never allow it. Cookie Monster is a) on TV and b) eats more than two animal crackers at a time.

Are the Maxwells and the Arndts two different styles of fundies--say, Baptists vs. Presbyterians?

I'm relatively new to the Maxwells and know nothing at all about the Arndts - in all seriousness, is there any reason why Sarah and John wouldn't be matched? Do they move in different fundie circles?

The Arndts are really into baseball, for a start, which would be a big no-no for Steve Maxwell. He hates organised sports.

is there any reason why Sarah and John wouldn't be matched? Do they move in different fundie circles?

The Arndt boys all play baseball - the whole family gets into it. The Maxwell family (Steve) hates sports and think they are anti-family and unGodly.

Mrs Arndt and the one sister, Wizzie, wear shorts. Although Sarah Maxwell wore pants back before Steve and Terri went batshit crazy fundy, she hasn't worn them in about two decades.

The Arndts have produced some lame tv shows for their "ministry", the Maxwells view tv as the work of the devil.

Both families spend all their time with each other and are insular in their own unique and fundy way.

Well the Arndt family have FUN for starters. Steve Maxwell is a living breathing grinch and anything that causes a family member to have fun, other than the bible of course, is declared by Steve-o as an 'idol' and swiftly banned from family life.

I'm 28 and I could see myself doing something like this ... but I'm also the kind of person who would put two stuffed animals in a *ahem* compromising position and take a photo of it.

I've never seen this site before. Will amuse myself with it after I return from the liquor store. Stupid Sunday means it closes early.

I'm 28 and I could see myself doing something like this ... but I'm also the kind of person who would put two stuffed animals in a *ahem* compromising position and take a photo of it.

I've never seen this site before. Will amuse myself with it after I return from the liquor store. Stupid Sunday means it closes early.

With the exception of the Maxhells, most of us have our moments of immaturity. With that said, the Arndts seem to take it to an extreme. Rather than adults acting childish, they're like young children who occasionally appear to be ... physically adults. They come off as a whole family of Peter Pans.

Cookie Monster appears to be pole-dancing in a very defrauding manner. That's pretty compromising in fundie-land.

That isnt normal 30 year old behaviour, what are the parents putting in the kids food to keep them young?

How is that NOT normal 30 year old behavior? If they were married with kids would you find it any more acceptable.

I don't think that it is really thinking, but it's no different than a friend who is married, no kids by choice and in her late 30's posting a picture of a cute cat shaped speaker and commenting that it didn't steal her yogurt like the cat does.

It isnt just that though, I have never seen their kids act like adults.

Nothing wrong with being a bit immature sometimes, but they take it too far.

Steve once refused to let his daughter get braces for his daughter because he thought the dentist was too respectful to his daughter.

Okay I'm gonna need a link or some elaboration on this. Did it boil down to the whole 'women shouldn't have authority over men' schtick?

Okay I'm gonna need a link or some elaboration on this. Did it boil down to the whole 'women shouldn't have authority over men' schtick?

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/whose-mouth-is-it.html

ETA: Add "www." to the front of the address, or it will kick you back to the homepage.

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/whose-mouth-is-it.html

ETA: Add "www." to the front of the address, or it will kick you back to the homepage.

To Teri's surprise, the orthodontist turned to Mary and asked her what she would like to do. Mary said she wanted to do whatever her mommy thought best. Compounding Teri's surprise, the orthodontist continued, “But, Mary, it is your mouth. What do you want to do?†However, she never paused long enough for Mary's answer nor for Teri to help her understand Biblical authority or even the laws of the state regarding the care of a minor. She went on to agree with leaving the appliance in and adjusting it more slowly.

What the orthodontist said was true. It is Mary's mouth. Most adults would quickly realize, though, how absurd it would be to expect an eight-year-old child to have the wisdom necessary to make this kind of decision. Even Mary knew she was ill prepared to make the choice on her own, and that is why she deferred to her mommy

How old was Mary? Many teens go into the dentist office without their mothers.

Cookie Monster appears to be pole-dancing in a very defrauding manner. That's pretty compromising in fundie-land.

Damn, you beat me to it. :(

How old was Mary? Many teens go into the dentist office without their mothers.

Steve alludes to her being 8 in the article, and it was written in early 2005, so that's probably about right.

Even if she had been a teenager, though, I doubt Mary would be able to go alone. If the Duggars (who seem positively liberal by comparison) require their children to have an "accountability partner" around at all times, I have no doubt that the teenage Maxwells have/had at least that level of restriction.

It isnt just that though, I have never seen their kids act like adults.

Nothing wrong with being a bit immature sometimes, but they take it too far.

Do you know them in real life? What you put out on the internet isn't what you are always like in real life.

And you'd be very uncomfortable at a family gathering with my parents, siblings and I. Yet we all have college degrees, a few of us have graduate degrees and all hold down full time jobs. Yet, we still are very goofy- and it probably doesn't help that we have two little ones now to continue the tradition with- our last get together ended up with most of us on the floor trying to touch our head to our feet.

Do you know them in real life? What you put out on the internet isn't what you are always like in real life.

And you'd be very uncomfortable at a family gathering with my parents, siblings and I. Yet we all have college degrees, a few of us have graduate degrees and all hold down full time jobs. Yet, we still are very goofy- and it probably doesn't help that we have two little ones now to continue the tradition with- our last get together ended up with most of us on the floor trying to touch our head to our feet.

There's a difference between "goofy" and "childish." A 30 year old man with children or a 30 year old man with a beer in his hand might be considered "goofy" based on this photo. The Arndt boymen are .....immature.

There's a difference between "goofy" and "childish." A 30 year old man with children or a 30 year old man with a beer in his hand might be considered "goofy" based on this photo. The Arndt boymen are .....immature.

Well, I would consider immature and childish two totally separate things- my cousin and his wife are immature. Her last few FB posts have been because she can't find jeans that are "skinny jean" enough for their 2 year old. Really.

But this picture, it isn't anything I'd bat an eye at if even my 65 year old father posted it. It isn't a good example to use to show that they are perpetual kids.

No, don't. The last thing this movement needs is more babies and children to indoctrinate.

Archived