IGNORED

Chick Fil A 2.0

Sunnichick31

Oh don't feed the troll, Anxious Girl. Let her get back to beating children.

B-b-but that's how I get my liberal rage out surrounded by a republican family with only 1 other independant in it... By taking it out on le trolls. :twisted:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, Mardi Gras is the equivalent of straight pride? Is this because it's a parade chock full of heteronormative sexual expression, or is there something more sinister to it?

Not really sure about "heteronormative sexual expression" - but there are a lot of girls showing their tits to appreciative men-folks.

It's just always been my go-to line when anyone talks about Straight Pride parades: "Have you *been* to a Mardi Gras parade?"

Apples and oranges... CFA serves gays and hires gays. Just because the CEO believes marriage should be between a man and woman doesn't mean every CFA everywhere is checking your sexual orientation before they serve or hire you. I have a feeling that the CEO also believes that it is wrong for people to live together and have sex outside of marriage but that doesn't mean they are refusing to serve or hire people who are living in sin.

There has been reports that Chick-Fil-A does discriminate against employees who are single-mothers and gay-employees. I don't want to reiterate what others have said here, but their policies about discriminating against employees seems pretty grounded in fact.

Apples and oranges... CFA serves gays and hires gays. Just because the CEO believes marriage should be between a man and woman doesn't mean every CFA everywhere is checking your sexual orientation before they serve or hire you. I have a feeling that the CEO also believes that it is wrong for people to live together and have sex outside of marriage but that doesn't mean they are refusing to serve or hire people who are living in sin.

No, you're the one who's comparing apples and oranges. CFA gives money to anti-gay organizations. They don't give their money to organizations that actively try through legislation to oppose people living together who aren't married. The problem isn't with what the dumbass CEO said, it's with what he does with the money that people give him for his sub-par food.

I believe that as a free American, Dan Cathy has the right to feel and say what he wants about marriage and he also has a right to support whatever organizations he chooses with the money his business has earned. That is true for other companies and business owners as well. Whether or not you choose to eat there and support them is also your right as a free American. Some people choose to use boycotts to make a point, others choose not to. It isn't my place to tell other people where they should spend their money or who they should choose to boycott.

I believe that as a free American privelaged Christian, Dan Cathy has the right to feel and say what he wants about marriage and he also has a right to support whatever organizations he chooses with the money his business has earned. That is true for other companies and business owners as well. Whether or not you choose to eat there and support them is also your right as a free American. Some people choose to use boycotts to make a point, others choose not to. It isn't my place to tell other people where they should spend their money or who they should choose to boycott.

Fixed that for you, sweetie-pie. ;)

Gizmola wrote:

CFA does espouse conservative Christian values through its business practices. Closed on Sunday, for instance, just like Hobby Lobby. And, its corporate mission statement: Chick -fil-A's corporate purpose statement reveals the heart of our company: "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Their CEO's statements reflect exactly what kind of "glorification" they promote and what kind of influence they want to have. By him putting his money where his mouth is in relation to anti-gay groups by putting up money - millions of dollars. Designed to prevent gay people from gaining the right to be married. Groups that actively work to oppress other people. This is not the CEO doing so in his spare time; it's the company doing it. And I'm rather black & white in my thinking: if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a fucking duck.

I believe that as a free American, Dan Cathy has the right to feel and say what he wants about marriage and he also has a right to support whatever organizations he chooses with the money his business has earned. That is true for other companies and business owners as well. Whether or not you choose to eat there and support them is also your right as a free American. Some people choose to use boycotts to make a point, others choose not to. It isn't my place to tell other people where they should spend their money or who they should choose to boycott.

You're right. He can say what he wants, his company can do what it wants. And I can say that I wouldn't buy one damned potato fry from them and let them know why I won't. No one is saying you're not free or shouldn't be free to support hate if you want. You're free to fill yourself up on Chik-Fil-A all the time. But I also have a right to say you're a bigot for knowingly supporting them after you are educated as to what their goals are.

She will just say, "Fuck you!" Gizmola in reply. I don't know why she wants to fuck with people she disagrees with on this forum... It gets curioser and curioser... She Who Laughs, is there something you're not telling us?

Not really sure about "heteronormative sexual expression" - but there are a lot of girls showing their tits to appreciative men-folks.

It's just always been my go-to line when anyone talks about Straight Pride parades: "Have you *been* to a Mardi Gras parade?"

I see. That is an excellent rebuttal as far as I'm concerned.

I think you must have meant "privileged." SOTDRT in your background?

Thank you for correcting my spelling. :D And no, my background has always been public education. Did you learn your bigotry, ignorance, and persecution complex at church? :D Gizmola, what's a Special Bitch Academy?

"Did you go to a special Bitch Academy?"

--Eva Rodriguez

"Center Stage"

Seriously. Who is this creature, anyway? Who let it in? You are on rug duty this week, and no fair making the Roomba do it.

The food, which I have had once, as I am never in malls, was gross. I hardly think eating or not eating fast food is really a strong political move. This whole Chick-Fil-A thing is absurd. Is it too hard for the fundies to give up their Starbucks, a company which has extended benefit coverage to same-sex partners since the 80s? Drink a Frappacino, you are paying for a lesbian's prenatal care. Using a laptop or tablet or iphone? Both Apple AND Microsoft are pro-gay marriage. Just savor that lovely irony with me for a moment.

Seriously. Who is this creature, anyway? Who let it in? You are on rug duty this week, and no fair making the Roomba do it.

The food, which I have had once, as I am never in malls, was gross. I hardly think eating or not eating fast food is really a strong political move. This whole Chick-Fil-A thing is absurd. Is it too hard for the fundies to give up their Starbucks, a company which has extended benefit coverage to same-sex partners since the 80s? Drink a Frappacino, you are paying for a lesbian's prenatal care. Using a laptop or tablet or iphone? Both Apple AND Microsoft are pro-gay marriage. Just savor that lovely irony with me for a moment.

I apologize, Angri-la, I called She-Who-Must-not-be-Named-#-2 and let her in. I will get the virtual pooper-scooper. :chores-vacuum: Shall I get a magic carpet that * in Ty-Lee's voice: poofs * the shit away? * blushes in embarassment :oops: * It seems I have found another pokemon pet.

All right, but remember our talk about responsibility and pets? You best be on your jurisdiction all weekend, young lady.

I prefer my food without a side of hate, so I gladly boycott the hell out of Chick-fil-Hate and side-eye everyone who buys their food knowing who they donate their money to.

I'm still waiting for all those Duggars to give up their precious iPhones because Apple supports the 'gay agenda'.

* Is there a salute icon? * Yes ma'am! I have just figured it out! She Who Laughs is a shiny Jigglypuff: if you notice her from far away she's cute, but when people go in front of her she puts them to sleep with her non-stop babble singing! :lol:

Damn you, Anxious Girl, for making me long for my childhood Game Boy and Pokemon cartridges!

Hahaha. I'm going to read "Snorlad" in place of "Lard Lad" now.

Hahaha. I'm going to read "Snorlad" in place of "Lard Lad" now.

Now that would just be insulting to the poor cute Snorlaxes. I still keep up with Pokemon, and play now and again. My favorite pokemon's Togepi! It's so cute! I don't care how useless it is! In the later generations, it can learn psychic-attacks and evolve into the cool Togetic.

I prefer my food without a side of hate, so I gladly boycott the hell out of Chick-fil-Hate and side-eye everyone who buys their food knowing who they donate their money to.

I'm still waiting for all those Duggars to give up their precious iPhones because Apple supports the 'gay agenda'.

I think maybe i will have to ask that particular question at some point.

Wait, "activism" isn't supposed to be easy? Someone better tell Smuggar.

Archived