IGNORED

Chick Fil A 2.0

Sunnichick31

ktvq.com/news/chick-fil-a-opens-in-billings-for-one-day/

"Since Chick-fil-A doesn't yet have locations in our state most Montanan's were unable to participate in the national event in August. So we created Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day 2.0 on Saturday, September 8th from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and invite the Treasure State to join the celebration and help support the Montana Family Foundation's efforts."

Disgusting. I'm going to be presurring my friends/family to go protest. Since Billings is 2 hours away from where they live, I doubt they'll actually go protest, but I can try.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ktvq.com/news/chick-fil-a-opens-in-billings-for-one-day/

Oh, for crying out loud. Poor babies missed their chance. :violin:

Here we go again. :animals-chickencatch:

On the upside, the Montana liberals will get a chance to protest. Kinda hard to boycott when the thing you're boycotting isn't in the area.

They opened one out near me, people were CAMPED OUT FOR DAYS to get "free Chick'n". There was a protest but it was on a REALLY busy street and I don't believe in leashing my crazy man toddler. So I did the next best thing as I drove past the Chick fil A. I flicked off those who were camped out for chicken. Immature? yes. but it was so satisfying.

I really don't get it, its gross food, and i'm sorry but waffle fries are an culinary abomination.

They opened one out near me, people were CAMPED OUT FOR DAYS to get "free Chick'n". There was a protest but it was on a REALLY busy street and I don't believe in leashing my crazy man toddler. So I did the next best thing as I drove past the Chick fil A. I flicked off those who were camped out for chicken. Immature? yes. but it was so satisfying.

I really don't get it, its gross food, and i'm sorry but waffle fries are an culinary abomination.

I ate at CfA once and my employer reimbursed me (I was on a business trip). I though the waffle fries were undercooked. Turns out that wasn't a bug, but a feature.

I ate at CfA once and my employer reimbursed me (I was on a business trip). I though the waffle fries were undercooked. Turns out that wasn't a bug, but a feature.

You mean like, soggy? EW. "Fried" in my mind implies crispy. I've only had a sandwich and I was not impressed.

Oh, for crying out loud. Poor babies missed their chance. :violin:

Here we go again. :animals-chickencatch:

No shit!! :violin:

Haven't they got anything better to do on a nice Saturday?

You mean like, soggy? EW. "Fried" in my mind implies crispy. I've only had a sandwich and I was not impressed.

That was what I thought of those fries when I ate there once. I think the food is gross so boycotting is an easy choice. There are better chicken sandwiches at other places that don't support hate.

I don't think I've ever eaten at a Chik-Fil-A and know I never will. I just can't understand how people can stand up for and support hate. How do they do that and think of themselves as good people? How can they look themselves in the eye knowing their whole purpose in going to a particular restaurant on a particular day was designed to show an entire group of people how little you think of them? That kind of thing is beyond my scope of understanding.

I wonder if my pet and She Who Laughs are going to Chick-Fil-A 2: The Unwanted Sequel.

:lol:

The trailer:

(ominous music, announcer with very deep voice, bleak landscape)

In a world where people who aren't just like us dare to ask to be treated decently, we have no choice but to react like the assholes we are.

Again.

(dramatic upswell of music, sickening zoom in to a shot of a bunch of bored people standing in line outside of a Chik-Fil-A)

Coming soon to a strip mall near you:

Chik-Fil-A 2

This time it's personal. And political.

Wait -- last time it was personal, and political, too.

Oh, well -- we just want our greasy food and right-wing fundie brownie points!

Ooh, and Chik-Fil-A brownies!

(pause - more ominous music, close-up of one of the bored people in line)

Miss it ------------ if you dare.

(thanks, Google -- I had to look up whether or not Chik-Fil-A serves brownies! :lol: )

thoughtful, you forgot the date it'll come out! How could you? :( I wonder if it'll be shown in the theatre that shows Courageous 2: A Bland Christian Fundie Life With no Personality; which also hosts The Tool's cosplay contests sometimes?

edit: I feel like most of the advertisers here are so stupid. Here's the Chick-Fil-A 1: Do you support Chick-Fil-A? Vote now? Um, what will that vote do? Anxious Girl is confuddled. :think:

Sorry about the lack of date, Anxious Girl -- this is the early trailer (yeah, that's my excuse -- hey, I started with "coming soon . . .") :whistle:

Glad I could make you laugh, GolightlyGrrl.

I've never eaten at a CFA, but if there were one near me, I would try it and if I liked it I'd eat there again and if I didn't like it I wouldn't. I make my choices on where I eat based on whether the food and service is any good and not based on their political or religious beliefs. I buy Apple products, based on the fact that I love Apple products not based on what Steve Jobs believed in when he was still around. I'd buy products with Bible verses on them or some other religion's quotes on them if the product itself was what I needed and the product quality was good.

I've never eaten at a CFA, but if there were one near me, I would try it and if I liked it I'd eat there again and if I didn't like it I wouldn't. I make my choices on where I eat based on whether the food and service is any good and not based on their political or religious beliefs. I buy Apple products, based on the fact that I love Apple products not based on what Steve Jobs believed in when he was still around. I'd buy products with Bible verses on them or some other religion's quotes on them if the product itself was what I needed and the product quality was good.

Aren't you just the most speshulest little capitalist snowflake?

I guess if the Woolworth's lunch counter near you didn't serve blacks you'd still eat there 'cause you just love their milkshakes? And if the clothing store down the street had a "No Irish Need Apply" sign in the window you'd still purchase their jeans anyway 'cause they make your butt look spectacular? Perhaps you feel regretful that you weren't around during WWII to buy stock in Krupps? What the fuck do you care if poor little workers were beaten and starved and being used as slaves?

Aren't you precious??

Yecch!! I can't stand their waffle fries either! They may be hot right when they come out of the fryer, but they get cold damn quick which makes them worse.

I guess if the Woolworth's lunch counter near you didn't serve blacks you'd still eat there 'cause you just love their milkshakes? And if the clothing store down the street had a "No Irish Need Apply" sign in the window you'd still purchase their jeans anyway 'cause they make your butt look spectacular? Perhaps you feel regretful that you weren't around during WWII to buy stock in Krupps? What the fuck do you care if poor little workers were beaten and starved and being used as slaves?

I won't boycott Chick Fil-A as a chain because the local store owners may not be anti-gay and I like to support local businesses. Why punish a store owner for something someone else from his company said? If that specific restaurant had policies I don't agree with, I could boycott them specifically. Your examples shows bigotry exhibited by specific stores, and people would be right in boycotting them as it directly hurts the bigots. Otherwise, some poor Joe could be screwed over even if he was pro-gay marriage.

My SO loves Chick-Fil-A sandwhichs and still go there even though he supports gay marriages and think their CEO's stance is dumb. He just calls it Chick-Fil-Hates-Gays. As far as we know, none of the local stores have anti-gay policies themselves and they provide good service to us.

It's a policy for both my SO and I to not participate in company wide boycotts because any large corporations will have questionable policies if one looks carefully and we would end up boycotting most everything.

We are aware that Chinese workers are underpaid and overworked by FoxConn but we'll still buy Apple products, and support policies that will demand better accountability by American businesses. Our boycott would also hurt the millions that benefit from Apple's success, in this country and in China (including the rising middle class in that country who count on foreign businesses to provide for their high paying jobs).

I won't boycott Chick Fil-A as a chain because the local store owners may not be anti-gay and I like to support local businesses. Why punish a store owner for something someone else from his company said? If that specific restaurant had policies I don't agree with, I could boycott them specifically. Your examples shows bigotry exhibited by specific stores, and people would be right in boycotting them as it directly hurts the bigots. Otherwise, some poor Joe could be screwed over even if he was pro-gay marriage.

My SO loves Chick-Fil-A sandwhichs and still go there even though he supports gay marriages and think their CEO's stance is dumb. He just calls it Chick-Fil-Hates-Gays. As far as we know, none of the local stores have anti-gay policies themselves and they provide good service to us.

It's a policy for both my SO and I to not participate in company wide boycotts because any large corporations will have questionable policies if one looks carefully and we would end up boycotting most everything.

We are aware that Chinese workers are underpaid and overworked by FoxConn but we'll still buy Apple products, and support policies that will demand better accountability by American businesses. Our boycott would also hurt the millions that benefit from Apple's success, in this country and in China (including the rising middle class in that country who count on foreign businesses to provide for their high paying jobs).

You do know that Chick-Fil-A supports companies that claim to "reverse gay people" and donate money to organizations that want to take away people's rights, right? It's the same thing as somebody going to a restraunt chain that supports the KKK but it's ok because a white person has a black friend so the white person can eat there. Umm, no. Logic. You're not using it correctly.

I don't think I've ever eaten at a Chik-Fil-A and know I never will. I just can't understand how people can stand up for and support hate. How do they do that and think of themselves as good people? How can they look themselves in the eye knowing their whole purpose in going to a particular restaurant on a particular day was designed to show an entire group of people how little you think of them? That kind of thing is beyond my scope of understanding.

And how on earth do they think eating fast food on a specific day is activism? I'm glad the homophobic conservative masses aren't smarter than this, but I can't wrap my mind around it. I wonder if they guilt tripped each other for not eating CFA on August 1st. "It's not even 10$, how could you do this to baby Jesus?"

So from now on we can cite the Chick-fil-a days as well as Mardi Gras when people tell us there are no "Heterosexual Pride" Days? It's the only reason I can see for lining up for hours for fast food chicken - to be seen being hetero.

Aren't you just the most speshulest little capitalist snowflake?

Aren't you precious??

Apples and oranges... CFA serves gays and hires gays. Just because the CEO believes marriage should be between a man and woman doesn't mean every CFA everywhere is checking your sexual orientation before they serve or hire you. I have a feeling that the CEO also believes that it is wrong for people to live together and have sex outside of marriage but that doesn't mean they are refusing to serve or hire people who are living in sin.

So from now on we can cite the Chick-fil-a days as well as Mardi Gras when people tell us there are no "Heterosexual Pride" Days? It's the only reason I can see for lining up for hours for fast food chicken - to be seen being hetero.

Whoa, Mardi Gras is the equivalent of straight pride? Is this because it's a parade chock full of heteronormative sexual expression, or is there something more sinister to it?

Apples and oranges... CFA serves gays and hires gays. Just because the CEO believes marriage should be between a man and woman doesn't mean every CFA everywhere is checking your sexual orientation before they serve or hire you. I have a feeling that the CEO also believes that it is wrong for people to live together and have sex outside of marriage but that doesn't mean they are refusing to serve or hire people who are living in sin.

Replace CFA supporting anti-gay organizations with them supporting the KKK having the rights again to hang blacks, Catholics, and Jews again... Are you ok with that? If you are, then you're fucking screwed up in the head. And btw, people used the Bible defense back during the American Civil War as an excuse to own other people, and cried persecution like you She Who is a Fucknut when people disagreed with them.

Archived