IGNORED

True Woman Conference

dairyfreelife

When she realized the powerful lies that had been foisted on a whole generation of women, the pervasiveness of feminist thinking in our whole culture, and the extent to which Christian women have bought into the whole philosophy, she began to ask:

If a handful of women have succeeded by their writings and influence in destroying and brainwashing an entire generation with their godless philosophies, what could God do with a handful of women who were determined to "reclaim surrendered ground"?

In order to attend you just have to sign a little manifesto:

We realize that we live in a culture that does not recognize God's right to rule, does not accept Scripture as the pattern for life, and is experiencing the consequences of abandoning God's design for men and women.

truewoman.com/?id=980

truewoman.com

Sounds like anyone who doesn't believe as they do isn't a "true woman." I'm fine with not being a true woman if that means I'll never have any of the consequences of being a woman. No more menstrual cycles would be a-okay with me. Otherwise, I'll continue to consider myself a real woman.

And thank the Heavens for that. :dance: God's design for women, if you are a Biblical literalist, is that we are a resource to be bought and sold. No thank you.

Sounds like anyone who doesn't believe as they do isn't a "true woman." I'm fine with not being a true woman if that means I'll never have any of the consequences of being a woman. No more menstrual cycles would be a-okay with me. Otherwise, I'll continue to consider myself a real woman.

They have committed the No True Scotsman fallacy in such an egregious way that they are literally changing only the noun. It's amazing.

Where is this festival of shackled estrogen? And are there any brave Jingers willing to attend?

I am sure it isn't in Oregon; our local fundies are too crazy to have a real con. Although, if Miss Raquel has a young ladies for-whatever-she-is-for meeting, I might have to be the Titus 2 married lady featured speaker on "How to get a man, get him to agree to your crazy bs, and marry you".

Where is this festival of shackled estrogen? And are there any brave Jingers willing to attend?

I am sure it isn't in Oregon; our local fundies are too crazy to have a real con. Although, if Miss Raquel has a young ladies for-whatever-she-is-for meeting, I might have to be the Titus 2 married lady featured speaker on "How to get a man, get him to agree to your crazy bs, and marry you".

Now I'd pay good money to see that! :lol:

The website says it's in Indiana this year, so that's far enough away from me to be safe!

I think Recovering Grace did a piece on this conference & it's classic brainwashing techniques, from start to finish! They give the attendees goodie bags with sugary snacks, a bottle of water, a lot of reading material and a special embroidered hankie that you're supposed to wave around when you "feel the spirit." They also have a very full schedule of workshops & speakers, booked back to back with each other, and big, come-all church services in the evenings.

The organizers encourage the visitors to take as many workshops as they can, not leaving much time for a break. The RG writer explained how this leaves people tired, stressed, hungry (no real time to sit down & eat a full meal) and very vulnerable to suggestion. Add to that the physical cue of waving the hankie whenever you feel strong emotion, which is often led by one of the organizers, and it really becomes a Pavlovian exercise in thought-programming on a large group scale. And these poor women spend hundreds of dollars to go to this thing & bring crap ideas home to their families. Not good.

The website says it's in Indiana this year, so that's far enough away from me to be safe!

I think Recovering Grace did a piece on this conference & it's classic brainwashing techniques, from start to finish! They give the attendees goodie bags with sugary snacks, a bottle of water, a lot of reading material and a special embroidered hankie that you're supposed to wave around when you "feel the spirit." They also have a very full schedule of workshops & speakers, booked back to back with each other, and big, come-all church services in the evenings.

The organizers encourage the visitors to take as many workshops as they can, not leaving much time for a break. The RG writer explained how this leaves people tired, stressed, hungry (no real time to sit down & eat a full meal) and very vulnerable to suggestion. Add to that the physical cue of waving the hankie whenever you feel strong emotion, which is often led by one of the organizers, and it really becomes a Pavlovian exercise in thought-programming on a large group scale. And these poor women spend hundreds of dollars to go to this thing & bring crap ideas home to their families. Not good.

Is it possible for you to be able to post a link to that article? As I am having no luck in finding it. Thanks :)

Indiana? I could go!

ETA - Just checked the price. I'm not paying $139 and two vacation days for brainwashing and supporting such an insidious organization. If only I was a "senior pastor's wife" then I could go for free. I wonder if they verify the church membership you list at registration. Don't you think Jesus would have wanted his message spread for free? His sermons didn't have cover charges.

In order to attend you just have to sign a little manifesto

Well that, and pay some money: $139 for the early-bird ticket. A special woman's leadership pre-conference will cost just $45 more. (Volunteer? 50% discount LOL)

Are there scholarships available? Only for senior pastors' wives. The po' folk will just have to go on ahead and fuck themselves.

Take money with you, as well: You pay for your own food and lodging, of course, but also books and CDs and DVDs and probably bags and pens and magnets and a bunch of other stuff.

DeMoss is an absolutely crass and shameless marketer. But people will still eat it up.

I have my own True Woman Conference to attend this weekend and it will be far less expensive than $139. Dinner with four women friends followed by a few bottles of wine on my patio. We'll laugh, we'll cry, what a time we'll have! We'll get more out of that one evening together than any fundie would get out of a money making brainwashing session.

Ugh, Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I got roped into doing a 'Lies Women Believe' study. What? I was young and dumb and a bored newlywed (husband was working all the time). I have a specific memory of a discussion question asking about what we should do if we had horrible PMS. The other women all suggested praying for relief etc. My perfectly reasonable answer was that we should tell our families we were not feeling well so they could be more accommodating. The rest of the class thought I was joking. Apparently only moms/wives are supposed to be considerate of other family members.

I have a strange fascination with conferences. It's like a fundie zoo, you get to see all these bizarre creatures condensed in one place. If I could ever get into one of these fundie events for free I'd like to go. Of course, I'd sit in the back with my flask of tequila and make it into a drinking game.

All I can think of when I see this title is the Cult of True Womanhood that was big in the 1800's, and I just wonder why any woman would want to go back to that.

All I can think of when I see this title is the Cult of True Womanhood that was big in the 1800's, and I just wonder why any woman would want to go back to that.

Too much Jane Austen, not enough Charles Dickens? Either way, they seem to want to live out their own little "Pride and Prejudice (and Zombies)" saga, with them supplying the zombies.

I am contemplating attending (for research purposes only). I have to check with the headship (just to see if he will be in town when I would need to be gone). It looks like a who's who of Christian "true women".

Archived