IGNORED

The Muncks are having F-U-N!

Guest purposing

Who knew the fundies could go in your face Maxwells so well? Extremely well done. The Muncks' smiles reached their eyes, too. They were truly enjoying themselves. I really believe now that the Muncks woke up to the Maxwell's lifestyle. Whether it was Elizabeth first or her parents, it doesn't seem to matter. She's far, far from shattered and they seem to know she dodged a major bullet.

+1. I am glad to see that the Muncks did something enjoyable and fun after what had to have been a tough week. No doubt they had to spend it doing things associated with cancelling wedding arrangements, returning gifts and contacting invitees. Could not have been pleasant at all, even if they are relieved for themselves and Elizabeth. And they do look genuinely happy.....so I have no doubt they are VERY relieved. Such a contrast to the mass family, er, cult mourning.

I have to say I do wonder what exactly went down between them and Maxwells when they broke the news about Elizabeth changing her mind. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in both homes. But I get the feeling that whatever happened, the Muncks and the Maxwells will not be friends again.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't believe Laura actually wrote F-U-N! Elizabeth looks genuinely happy, and I love that.

Although they were celebrating a birthday, it certainly seems they are also celebrating their freedom to do things that they all enjoy. So long, Maxwells! Nicely done, Muncks!

I am starting to now think that someone in the Munck family is reading FJ. It is interesting how they emphasized the word F-U-N in that sentence.

Happy Liberation Day Elizabeth!

Haha maybe the birds are all Christian? Or they sing hymns? Lol or is it enough to call it Christian if it is just owned by Christians?

The fundie version of Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room. Just...no. :?

Elizabeth looks genuinely happy in those pics.

There/their/they're - people make those mistakes on the internet all the time. It's not a sign of being uneducated or ignorant, but more of a sign of writing in haste. I certainly know the difference and have caught myself making that same mistake several times.

+1. I am glad to see that the Muncks did something enjoyable and fun after what had to have been a tough week. No doubt they had to spend it doing things associated with cancelling wedding arrangements, returning gifts and contacting invitees. Could not have been pleasant at all, even if they are relieved for themselves and Elizabeth. And they do look genuinely happy.....so I have no doubt they are VERY relieved. Such a contrast to the mass family, er, cult mourning.

I have to say I do wonder what exactly went down between them and Maxwells when they broke the news about Elizabeth changing her mind. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in both homes. But I get the feeling that whatever happened, the Muncks and the Maxwells will not be friends again.

I agree with you there. I do think Laura and Arthur Munck are fundie social ladder climbers, but they seem to have better personalities than Steve and Terri.

That bird museum? They serve, um, birds in their deli. They say they're chicken tenders, but maybe it's just the birds that weren't Christian enough for the owners? Maybe this is far more sinister than we realize. Possibly the Duggars were trying to send a message to their daughters? :twisted:

LOL

I'm glad she had some fun with the family.

Well sugar! I was there last weekend. I so wish I could have seen the Muncks. I would have given a hug, high five and a hallelujah!

Is it just me, or do the Muncks truly seem to love each other and enjoy being together? Their smiles reach their eyes and you just don't see that with a lot of fundies.

I'm glad they did something F-U-N together, and not something that would be Steve aproved (like the Birds-Who-Converted park)!

One of the commenters on the blog said that they didn't go to the Titanic museum due to the expense. I love thinking of this comment as a slap in the face to Steve who must do it all on the cheap.

Doing something non-Steve-approved really puts the "F-U" in "F-U-N"!

Is it just me, or do the Muncks truly seem to love each other and enjoy being together? Their smiles reach their eyes and you just don't see that with a lot of fundies.

I'm glad they did something F-U-N together, and not something that would be Steve aproved (like the Birds-Who-Converted park)!

I agree, they definitely seem like a family who enjoy one another, and the do like to have fun.

The mother - Laura - also looks pretty good for her age, in my opinion. I don't know how old she is, but she's got to be at least 40 I would think.

ETA: More proof that hate really does age a person (thinking of Zsu, who hasn't yet hit 40).

Yeah, they seem like friendly enough people. I wonder what they would do if one of their children turned out to be gay - one of my classic "good parent or bad parent" questions. I think and hope they might actually not shun him/her.

But anyway - Elizabeth looks happy and relieved in that picture. She really looks like a girl who's glad she gets to stay with her family and doesn't have to go live in the kingdom of Steve. More power to her.

you are greeted by two angles praying on each side of the path.

mWE4z.jpg

ETA - should have read ahead -- I see I wasn't the only one to notice this.

Ah, well, who cares if the webmaster can spell, as long as the birds are Christian!

Aw! That does look like fun! :) That's the kinda stuff we like to do every once in a while. Go to a museum and hit up a restaurant. :)

I hope this near death miss experiance with the Maxwells will warn the Muncks off fundiedom and push them back down the track to fundie-litehood. Fingers crossed.

mWE4z.jpg

ETA - should have read ahead -- I see I wasn't the only one to notice this.

Ah, well, who cares if the webmaster can spell, as long as the birds are Christian!

Damn, you all stole my joke! I was hoping to be the first, but oh, well, I guess great minds think alike!

I saw the big F-U-N and immediately thought it was a dig at Stevie and his hatred of all things not connected to death, diligence and being blessed. They're fundie social climbers for sure and they run (or try to) in big fundie circles, but they enjoy LIFE and don't obsess about death and I am glad that Elizabeth can continue to enjoy life. She got out in time to preserve her future and savor some happiness with her family. I hope they all know how close they came to selling their daughter's soul for a place on the fundie ladder and that they learn from it.

I love one of the comments on their blog from their friend, Lynda:

"Lynda said...

YUM!!!! We LOVE that restaurant, too! I could almost taste the apple fritters when reading your blog. Bill and I have not visited the Titanic yet - - have not had the desire, too. However, there is a Christian bird zoo in that area that I want to see the next time we are there.

It's obvious from the pictures you had a great day -- - even Jonathan who had to be patient!"

She acts almost chastising of the Muncks for visiting such a secular museum and follows up with her desire to hit a Christian bird zoo. WTF is a Christian bird zoo? The thought just made me laugh. Almost.

A zoo filled with parrots repeating whatever is said to them.

-------

And I found this other quiver blog, of a family who seem to be equally F-U-N and genuine. One of the daughters shows on her own blog a pic with her friend, Elizabeth.

smilesgoesmiles.blogspot.ca/2012/07/sombodys-birthday.html

Daddy may keep the girls' hearts but they seem to know to wear trousers while slopping in the barnyard.

No. The rushed wedding would have been today.

Yea a lot of FJ would have been knee crawling drunk right now if the wedding took place as planned and was streamed. :lol:

Archived