IGNORED

The Muncks are having F-U-N!

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

muncksquiver.blogspot.co.uk/

I am sorry for both Joe and Elizabeth today, but am pleased to see that her smile reaches her eyes in the photos, and that she had fun, rather than a death sermon, on what would have been the eve of her wedding. :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww.....I love all things Titanic, I'm glad they go to regular museums rather than just the creation "museum" type thing - looks like they had a good time :)

I feel sad for Elizabeth and Joseph, but what an amazingly fantastic slap in the face to Steve, The Muncks are having FUN IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! Much better than your life Maxwells :)

anyone else thinking that there is some weird correlation with the choosing of the Titanic museum and the event of the wedding here... ie: Thank God you missed THAT boat? *snort* Just my warped mind I am sure!

Almost felt the Bible verse they chose fit with Steve well:

A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished. Proverbs 28:20

Damn, but I'm glad that girl escaped the Maxwell life. Her family may be fundie, but at least they put the fun in fundie to some degree.

To me it really sounds like a statement to Steve and his aversion to fun. Good for them, they seem so much nicer. Could just be because Elizabeth's dad looks a lot like my own father, though.

The fact that the Muncks seem to have f*n all the time, that Mrs. Munck celebrated her daughters' first voting experience with nary a word about headship or patriarchy, that pursuing personal interests and independent study seems to be encouraged, makes me think that the more they got to know the Maxwells and what their lifestyle is like, the more they realized they had made a big mistake. I don't know, something tells me that when Elizabeth went to her parents and told them she no longer wanted to marry Joseph, they were probably more relieved than anything else. I think they were enamoured with the Maxwells for a while, but the sheen wore off quickly once they saw the reality of the situation.

Interesting that they chose that verse from the Bible, too. It doesn't look like they think they're being punished, so maybe it really is directed at the Maxwells.

The fact that the Muncks seem to have f*n all the time, that Mrs. Munck celebrated her daughters' first voting experience with nary a word about headship or patriarchy, that pursuing personal interests and independent study seems to be encouraged, makes me think that the more they got to know the Maxwells and what their lifestyle is like, the more they realized they had made a big mistake.

I know, right? Compare that to the attitudes of various other fundies - not just the Maxwells, but also ZZ, for example - toward the idea of women voting. Definitely a big difference. I can't help but hope that this courtship clusterfuck may help the Muncks leave their fundie phase behind.

Damn, but I love that a 20-year old girl basically said "thanks, but no thanks" to the Cult of Steve.

anyone else thinking that there is some weird correlation with the choosing of the Titanic museum and the event of the wedding here... ie: Thank God you missed THAT boat? *snort* Just my warped mind I am sure!

That verse HAD to be aimed at Steve, right? How else would it fit in with their blog post?

I love one of the comments on their blog from their friend, Lynda:

"Lynda said...

YUM!!!! We LOVE that restaurant, too! I could almost taste the apple fritters when reading your blog. Bill and I have not visited the Titanic yet - - have not had the desire, too. However, there is a Christian bird zoo in that area that I want to see the next time we are there.

It's obvious from the pictures you had a great day -- - even Jonathan who had to be patient!"

She acts almost chastising of the Muncks for visiting such a secular museum and follows up with her desire to hit a Christian bird zoo. WTF is a Christian bird zoo? The thought just made me laugh. Almost.

Im glad to see Elizabeth so happy.

Her family life is so different to the Maxwells, so I think its for the best that they broke up before the wedding, theyre not really compatible with eachother.

She acts almost chastising of the Muncks for visiting such a secular museum and follows up with her desire to hit a Christian bird zoo. WTF is a Christian bird zoo? The thought just made me laugh. Almost.

Haha maybe the birds are all Christian? Or they sing hymns? Lol or is it enough to call it Christian if it is just owned by Christians?

This family is such a fundie 180 from the Maxwells that I really don't understand why they ever considered that Joseph and Elizabeth would have been a good match in the first place from the POV of either side. Elizabeth would have withered and died had she become a Maxwell. And she probably would have made Teri's struggle with depression look like a momentary pout. LUCKY GIRL!

I love one of the comments on their blog from their friend, Lynda:

"Lynda said...

YUM!!!! We LOVE that restaurant, too! I could almost taste the apple fritters when reading your blog. Bill and I have not visited the Titanic yet - - have not had the desire, too. However, there is a Christian bird zoo in that area that I want to see the next time we are there.

It's obvious from the pictures you had a great day -- - even Jonathan who had to be patient!"

WOW my first thought was a Zoo full of washed up SAHD's waiting for Prince Charming. :shock:

Guest Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Church Groups / Prayer Garden

Welcome to the Garden of Eden, there is nothing that compares to this place, for a church group

to visit. It is truly heaven on earth.

Parrot Mountain is a direct result of a vision the owner had in July, 1995. He left Mississippi with his family and came to the mountains of Tennessee and was led to the land that is called Parrot Mountain and Gardens.

The vision was to build a garden that would encompass glorious gardens and beautiful birds. With scriptures to read planted throughout the gardens as you stroll down beautifully landscaped trails. As you read the scriptures and see the flowers and beautiful birds you can’t help but say this gives all the glory and honor and praise to God. It is truly uplifting in this day and time.

In the back of the gardens you will find nestled among the flowers and birds a prayer garden. As you enter in you are greeted by two angles praying on each side of the path. Next you will see the manger scene, next the replica of the crucifixion of Christ, next the replica of the empty tomb of Jesus, and at the back of the garden a 7 ft tall statue of the resurrected Christ.

We know by the scriptures that God loves Gardens for when he created Adam he put him in the Garden to keep and tend. He often resorted and prayed in the garden. And the place he was crucified was a garden and was laid in an empty tomb there, where he laid for 3 days and 3 nights and the 3rd day he arose.

We have our own Deli where you can choose from sandwiches, hot dogs and chili hot dogs, meatball sub, pizza and for dessert soft serve ice cream. With our picnic areas you will be able to enjoy lunch with the sights and sounds of the birds and picturesque waterfall. Your group will enjoy seeing, petting and feeding Gods beautiful birds.

Many testimonies to talk about, with families being touched by the spirit of God in our garden. To Him be the Glory.

I'm glad the Muncks chose the Titanic museum and Cider farm instead...

Welcome to the Garden of Eden, there is nothing that compares to this place, for a church group

to visit. It is truly heaven on earth.

Parrot Mountain is a direct result of a vision the owner had in July, 1995. He left Mississippi with his family and came to the mountains of Tennessee and was led to the land that is called Parrot Mountain and Gardens.

It's been done before, and in ways that put his "truly heaven on earth" Garden of Eden to shame. They're called shrines and they are gorgeous. Catholics know how to build a shrine.

That bird museum? They serve, um, birds in their deli. They say they're chicken tenders, but maybe it's just the birds that weren't Christian enough for the owners? Maybe this is far more sinister than we realize. Possibly the Duggars were trying to send a message to their daughters? :twisted:

Oh, irony abounds. I definitely saw the FU Maxhells in that post. Definitely shots fired over their bow in response to the Max's barrage this week.

I couldn't believe Laura actually wrote F-U-N! Elizabeth looks genuinely happy, and I love that.

Although they were celebrating a birthday, it certainly seems they are also celebrating their freedom to do things that they all enjoy. So long, Maxwells! Nicely done, Muncks!

I am glad that they had FUN and they seem like a very nice family. However, I do have to say that a woman who writes this:

Ruth Ella was all about there Mac & Cheese.

Should NOT be allowed to teach her children English. I know we all make mistakes but this is not the first mistake I have seen. There/Their is very basic.

I know I make mistakes all the time but I would never try to teach anyone English.

Who knew the fundies could go in your face Maxwells so well? Extremely well done. The Muncks' smiles reached their eyes, too. They were truly enjoying themselves. I really believe now that the Muncks woke up to the Maxwell's lifestyle. Whether it was Elizabeth first or her parents, it doesn't seem to matter. She's far, far from shattered and they seem to know she dodged a major bullet.

I haven't the faintest but if I had to guess, I suspect it's a museum where all of the explanations and exhibits, as well as the gift shop books, are presented with only Creationist views. You can go on Christian guided raft tours and hikes (some of which operate near the Maxwell's cabin), and that's what makes them Christian. The guide will only talk about the Flood, etc. So with the bird museum maybe it's all about how God made this bird and that bird, but most importantly making sure there are NOT any exhibits about birds being descendants of dinosaurs or these two birds having a joint ancestor millions of years ago or heaven forbid any discussion of Darwin's finches.

Separately from that you can get self-guided podcasts for a variety of zoos and museums that will give you the Creationist interpretation of everything (popular for zoos).

...reading the rest of the thread, seems yep, yep, yep. This plus actual Bible verses!

As you enter in you are greeted by two angles praying

Acute or obtuse?

If they're fundie angles I'm going for obtuse... :D

Archived