IGNORED

The Muncks are having F-U-N!

Guest purposing

F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere at anytime at all down here in the deep blue see!

DAMN, that sponge after all theses years whenever I see fun spelled out like that I think of that song.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if those of you (no clue who's said it) who wondered if his royal asshole told them they couldn't blog anymore are right. I find it too coincidental that there hasn't been any blog posts since mid March, and a couple days after the wedding gets cancelled there's a post up about F-U-N. Ya, gotta say it's a big F-U to Steve. WTG Liz! :clap:

ETA: I'm SO glad E cancelled the wedding and won't be melting into Steve's Law anytime soon. With that said, I was actually looking forward to my first fundie wedding since joining FJ. Warped, I know. :lol:

Yea a lot of FJ would have been knee crawling drunk right now if the wedding took place as planned and was streamed. :lol:

I was disappointed that upon my return from vacation I could not put off laundry and unpacking in favor of a good death wedding recap while downing a bottle of wine. At least Elizabeth has remained free and is not spending tonight being inducted into the Maxwell cult. To that, I raise my glass.

It is refreshing to see how there is not a black eye circle, nor shrunken visage or body amongst them. So contrasting to the Maxhells, who look like they all need to sleep and eat something. Bet Steve has had them fasting and praying around the clock, because compared to the Muncks they look like worn out refugees.

I am so, so thankful that Elizabeth Munck did the right thing.

Sorry for Joe - hope he wakes up and escapes. He looks less full of himself, for sure.

I was disappointed that upon my return from vacation I could not put off laundry and unpacking in favor of a good death wedding recap while downing a bottle of wine. At least Elizabeth has remained free and is not spending tonight being inducted into the Maxwell cult. To that, I raise my glass.

"Nice day for a... DEATH wedding..."

(Happy to have NO need to expand on that...!)

F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere at anytime at all down here in the deep blue see!

DAMN, that sponge after all theses years whenever I see fun spelled out like that I think of that song.

Now now, you can't just leave out the Steve Maxwell Plankton part: :naughty:

F is for Fire that burns down the whole town.

U is for URANIUM...BOMBS!

N is for No survivors(cut off by Spongebob)

The mother - Laura - also looks pretty good for her age, in my opinion. I don't know how old she is, but she's got to be at least 40 I would think.

I've always thought the same, the first time I saw their blog I was looking at the picture at the top and it took me a second to confirm that she actually was the Mum and not one of the older daughters. She looks great especially considering how many kids she has.

Found it: http://www.parrotmountainandgardens.com/index.html

And they have a photo of Jim Boob holding a parrot as part of their slide show on their home page. Say no more.

I have actually been to parrot mountain. We stopped by there while vacationing in Gatlinburg. We had found a coupon in one of those big coupon books for attractions that seem to be in every single store or resturaunt in the area. My husband and I both love exotic birds so we decided to check it out. It wasn't really that bad. I had no idea it was Christian themed until we went and there were a few plaques with scripture quotes on them and I think there was a statue of Jesus in one of the garden areas. We skipped the prayer garden as we were there for the birds. Most were in large enclosures but there was one open area where you are allowed to feed the birds (the place where Boob had is pic taken....us paying customers would have been charged about $20 for one so we skipped the pic). There were some smaller birds that the kids were allowed to feed and touch and larger ones ( macaws, cockatoos) that only adults were allowed to feed. There was also a nursery with several baby birds, some of which we were allowed to handle. The lady working there let the kids pet a couple of them as well. No one preached at us or anything like that (and the most I heard from any of the birds was hello or pretty bird). It's not a place I would go to more than once but the birds were pretty.

I have actually been to parrot mountain. We stopped by there while vacationing in Gatlinburg. We had found a coupon in one of those big coupon books for attractions that seem to be in every single store or resturaunt in the area. My husband and I both love exotic birds so we decided to check it out. It wasn't really that bad. I had no idea it was Christian themed until we went and there were a few plaques with scripture quotes on them and I think there was a statue of Jesus in one of the garden areas. We skipped the prayer garden as we were there for the birds. Most were in large enclosures but there was one open area where you are allowed to feed the birds (the place where Boob had is pic taken....us paying customers would have been charged about $20 for one so we skipped the pic). There were some smaller birds that the kids were allowed to feed and touch and larger ones ( macaws, cockatoos) that only adults were allowed to feed. There was also a nursery with several baby birds, some of which we were allowed to handle. The lady working there let the kids pet a couple of them as well. No one preached at us or anything like that (and the most I heard from any of the birds was hello or pretty bird). It's not a place I would go to more than once but the birds were pretty.

Glad to hear they are not too preachy, and don't teach the birds phrases like "repent or die!" Or, as in the old joke, "Jesus is watching you!" :D

I'm glad they can afford to take that big family to a museum and then out to eat. I don't know what Mr. Munck does but he must make some pretty good money. They have a nice house too (with a pool!).

I'm glad they can afford to take that big family to a museum and then out to eat. I don't know what Mr. Munck does but he must make some pretty good money. They have a nice house too (with a pool!).

Well, some of it could be income, and some could be how they manage it. I make good, not great money, but my neighbors think I'm loaded. Truth is, I never go out to eat, don't often go to bars, take the bus to work, shop sales, etc. So I have anywhere between $200-$400 a month that I could have used for that, that instead I have left over for other things (cost of commuting alone saves me $170). The fundies have a point in that regard, the issue is that so many of them have SO MANY KIDS and such little income, that it really still doesn't give them any extra. Mr. Munck probably makes more than Gil Bates and has less kids, so that $200-$400 is actually disposable like it is for me.

I mean just not having cable for a year here saves about $600. That's a good start towards a large family vacay if you're not flying.

The Muncks have a family business ("Great Doggie Doos") grooming and boarding dogs, everyone works at it.

I'm a SAHM (so no income on my part) but my husband makes very good money. We pretty much have whatever we want, live in a large home with each kid having his/her own room, we take a couple of vacations each summer and spring break, my kids are in sports and take private music lessons, etc. But I have THREE. Things wouldn't be this easy with ten. Or twelve? However many the Muncks have. I just can't imagine being able to support that many kids and still have money to do fun stuff.

It helps a lot if you're not trying to save for college.

Very, very true.

Even if they had to go a bit into debt (I'm sure they didn't), they really needed to get away on Saturday and do something out of the ordinary. It wouldn't have been good for Elizabeth to sit around thinking what might have been. Better to stay busy that day.

And at least her family didn't make her climb a mountain like Joseph's did.

It helps a lot if you're not trying to save for college.

Ugh, I didn't even think about that!! We have college fund accounts set up for all our kids that are automatically deposited into monthly (as I'm sure many of you do also), so I tend to forget about it. It's just a given in my book. It is inconceivable to me that in this day and age parents would not have college funds for their kids. :(

Well, the Muncks' family outing is like a minor splurge if it's a local trip. Plus, they probably want to do something nice for Elizabeth's sake. The family appear to do ok with their doggie business but I doubt they are rolling in it. The family doesn't do cable, extracurricular, or eating out regularly and may do second-hand shopping. Savings from that could pay for sporadic excursions like the museum trip and lunch.

Well, the Muncks' family outing is like a minor splurge if it's a local trip. Plus, they probably want to do something nice for Elizabeth's sake. The family appear to do ok with their doggie business but I doubt they are rolling in it. The family doesn't do cable, extracurricular, or eating out regularly and may do second-hand shopping. Savings from that could pay for sporadic excursions like the museum trip and lunch.

Old Man Munck may have some money stashed from when he worked for Petco.

On Saturday, her family went to see a giant replica of the 10 commendment, to a bakery, and out for dinner. She looks so happy. I love all the pictures of the baked treats from the bakery. (Take that, you 2 animal crackers ;) ,)

Titanic%2Band%2Bapple%2Bbarn%2B041.JPG

The one on the left has one of my skirts. :( I want to stop wearing it, but it has fully functional pockets, people! POCKETS! On a floor length SKIRT! The striped one on the right was one I, a heathen, loved (but ultimately didn't buy) because it was deemed too short. I need a shower or something after this... realization... revelation? Whatever it is, I don't like it one bit.

Titanic%2Band%2Bapple%2Bbarn%2B041.JPG

The one on the left has one of my skirts. :( I want to stop wearing it, but it has fully functional pockets, people! POCKETS! On a floor length SKIRT! The striped one on the right was one I, a heathen, loved (but ultimately didn't buy) because it was deemed too short. I need a shower or something after this... realization... revelation? Whatever it is, I don't like it one bit.

And pray tell where do you shop for these popular skirts?

I dunno, her smiles don't look as bright as the other kids'.

Still, she probably prefers being with her family than moving out somewhere all alone with people she barely knows.

I just hope she realizes what a bullet she dodged. She spent the day outdoors and with her family, and not listening to some sermon about death by Stevie and then NOT dancing at her own wedding reception and being then forever forced into the austere life of being a female Maxwell.

Archived