IGNORED

OMG more wtf on Josh Carter's Facebook page

0 kids n not countin

If Josh bothered to watch the Olympics instead of just posting stuff he has absolutely no clue about, he'd know that was a sleeping baby. Creepy, yes. Dead, no. I'm also not sure why he got so upset over England celebrating their national healthcare system. Does he plan on moving to England soon? It's not his country, so the rant was not necessary. Heaven forbid there are people out there that have a different view on life than Josh.

I was spanked as a kid. I don't hate my parents for it, but I also think they were wrong to do it. Hitting children does nothing but teach them that violence is the answer to a problem. Studies have proven that children who are spanked tend to be more violent as adults. I want my son to feel safe and secure in his home. I want my son to know that he can bring his problems or mistakes to me without fear that he will be hit. People who spank are just to lazy to find a better form of punishment in my opinion. Just a little more work would make hitting unnecessary.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Josh bothered to watch the Olympics instead of just posting stuff he has absolutely no clue about, he'd know that was a sleeping baby. Creepy, yes. Dead, no. I'm also not sure why he got so upset over England celebrating their national healthcare system. Does he plan on moving to England soon? It's not his country, so the rant was not necessary. Heaven forbid there are people out there that have a different view on life than Josh.

I was spanked as a kid. I don't hate my parents for it, but I also think they were wrong to do it. Hitting children does nothing but teach them that violence is the answer to a problem. Studies have proven that children who are spanked tend to be more violent as adults. I want my son to feel safe and secure in his home. I want my son to know that he can bring his problems or mistakes to me without fear that he will be hit. People who spank are just to lazy to find a better form of punishment in my opinion. Just a little more work would make hitting unnecessary.

My father was terribly abused as a child - until he finally grew up enough to fight back and broke several of my grandfather's ribs in a fight (his mother abandoned him to his grandparents to "please" a man, sick!). The man never tried to hit him again.

My father learned that physical correction (ABUSE) was the "way" from his experiences. I still have vivid memories of how he physically abused ME (and I, as the oldest child, always made sure I took it for my sister). One (of the many) things I will never forget is when he lifted me off the floor by my throat for talking on the phone "too long". His favorite expression used to be "I'm going to bounce you off a wall!!" - UNTIL the day I finally gathered my courage (at 17 years old) and told him that if he EVER touched me again I would call the cops so fast his head would spin. He never laid a hand on me again.

However, MY father has done a COMPLETE 180 and would NEVER, EVER hurt a child or tolerate anyone hurting a child. He gives me hope that people CAN change if they truly want to.

BUT, they have to "get" it that they are wrong and violence is never an answer.

Dad did, and I am very thankful that my children, and my niece and granddaughter, have an amazing man that loves them and would never hurt them in any way.

If Josh bothered to watch the Olympics instead of just posting stuff he has absolutely no clue about, he'd know that was a sleeping baby.

The man thinks Jesus-is-Lord.com and "The Silent Scream" are reputable sources of information. So... consider the source, I guess.

Has anyone been reading the comments on her "we don't hit our kids" facebook post? She furthur assures people she would never hit a newborn but when they start showing a defiant attitude it's time to start popping them on the diaper. I wonder how old they are when she thinks they are being defiant since it sounds like she spanks all 3 of them. Other people have commented that a baby is not being defiant by crying and someone told her to look into gentle christian parenting.

I think I am glad that I can't access fb at work. I am having a terrible, terrible week and I would not be able to resist lurking over there, if i had access. That would NOT improve my terrible, terrible week.

Okay, but sprocket?

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying it's in the bible and the bible is right. The fact that it makes me right is irrelevant.

HAHAHA. Lord, that is so spot-on. I'm gonna have to buy you a beer at Hotter's!

I think I am glad that I can't access fb at work. I am having a terrible, terrible week and I would not be able to resist lurking over there, if i had access. That would NOT improve my terrible, terrible week.

Okay, but sprocket?

HAHAHA. Lord, that is so spot-on. I'm gonna have to buy you a beer at Hotter's!

It's a date! It wad hilarious reading "christians" try to argue in a "godly" way.

Has anyone been reading the comments on her "we don't hit our kids" facebook post? She furthur assures people she would never hit a newborn but when they start showing a defiant attitude it's time to start popping them on the diaper. I wonder how old they are when she thinks they are being defiant since it sounds like she spanks all 3 of them. Other people have commented that a baby is not being defiant by crying and someone told her to look into gentle christian parenting.

Babies aren't defiant. They are simply curious. The best way to prevent having to yell at or hit your child is to baby proof your house. If there's nothing they can break or harm themselves on, then there's nothing to punish them over. Baby proofing also means you don't have to stem their curiosity. A child should be able to explore and should never be punished for trying to discover the world.

Okay dumb question but what exactly does Kristina mean when she says "pop"? Is this a Southern thing/term or something? I've never heard anyone using it as a euphemism for spanking. Also, as the helpmeet is she allowed to "get onto Josh" for making that post in the first place (or as the helpmeet should she shut her mouth for fear that Josh would "pop" her as well)? I would be pissed at my husband.

I can't believe that they have their personal pages public! I don't know how posters from here found their FB pages, but they really should do a better job at keeping info private.

This, totally agree.

Also, wtf about the tattoo thing. One can say the same about almost anything. Is it pleasing to God that you eat at Chick-Fila and fill your body with junk food? After all, isn't one supposed to treat their body like a temple? If so, then imo that would mean no junk food. Would it please god that you pop/spank your babies instead of disciplining them in some other manner?

What a jerk he is, to me, the fundie men often seem worse than the fundie women. :roll:

Babies aren't defiant. They are simply curious. The best way to prevent having to yell at or hit your child is to baby proof your house. If there's nothing they can break or harm themselves on, then there's nothing to punish them over. Baby proofing also means you don't have to stem their curiosity. A child should be able to explore and should never be punished for trying to discover the world.

Exactly. If there is something in your home that can't be completly child proofed, you get very good at redirection. You say what you want them to do... in my case it's "[name] feet on the floor, please! Ooohhhh, look! Here's your flashlight!" And that's all it takes. My 26 month old tells my 13 month old to put his feet on the floor and he says please. I can't imagine spanking them for being curious. We had the same issue with dropping food on the floor. It's completly natural, but at some point, they have to stop doing it. My two year old is the neatest eater you'd ever meet (for a two year old) and I never laid a hand on him -- as I would imagine that these people would do -- all I ever said was, "food goes on your plate or in your mouth. Your choice!" It took a while, but he got it. Both of my kids are "my way or the highway" stubborn and I shudder to think what their precious little personalites would be like in a family like this. Poor kids.

eta: I'm going to use my southern lingo knowledge and say that a "pop" is a manual hit either on their bottom or their hand. I don't think it is meant to be hard but as an attention grabber -- but imo, physically hitting a human is physically hitting a human no matter how hard or soft.

Leviticus and tattoos:

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD

Interestingly enough, Islam and Judaism also frown upon tattoos.

Christians don't seem to be bothered by consuming shellfish though.

Leviticus and tattoos:

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD

Interestingly enough, Islam and Judaism also frown upon tattoos.

Christians don't seem to be bothered by consuming shellfish though.

For some people:

BZk2F.jpg

Kristina posted some photos of her and her kids. I'm thinking damage control, to show how happy her kids are in spite of the "pops" they get when they misbehave.

Why do these people make their personal info so easy to find?! There are crazies on the internet and when you post extremely offensive stuff like Kristina and Josh do, they really need to not make it so easy to find all their info. FB has it so you can set it where you aren't seachable, if I were in their situations where half the internet (I don't know how many times I have seen her Arby's proposal pop up on various sites) was mocking me, I would totally do that.

More from Josh:

For the record, Christians don't hate sodomites. We love them and want them to repent of their perverted lifestyle and not go to hell. We warn them of the wrath to come if they choose to remain in their sin, because we care for their souls. Not because we hate them.

Hm, yes. Calling them sodomites and calling their "lifestyle" (i.e. their sex life) perverted sure makes it seem like you don't hate them.

Seriously, this guy is a fucking moron. Reading what he has to say makes me stabby.

Seriously, this guy is a fucking moron. Reading what he has to say makes me stabby.

This, "totally"!!

Wow, he's so right! Just the other night I was reading about how when the woman touched Jesus's robe, he turned around and called her a filthy whore and to go away... Uh, NOT. Pretty sure he said that her faith made her whole.

Je'su's

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

Yes, in ignorance-land, every s must be preceded by an apostrophe!

Seriously, every time Josh opens his mouth, I fall more in love with my husband. He's the complete opposite of Josh and I'm so glad I married him. I feel bad for those poor kids. To be raised in a household full of hate by narrow minded parents. It's sad.

Is there something wrong with her kids? (Maybe passed on from Dad (might explain the crazzzyyyyy)?) Really, not trying to be mean as they are kids, but I've never seen such blank empty stares before. I suppose their looks don't help but.....something seems off.

Archived