IGNORED

Christianity = Freedom of Expression

StarrieEyedKat

A friend directed me to this facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/HeteroAwarenessMonth - and one of the discussions currently underway is about Christianity and how it encourages freedom of expression.

It's actually pretty amazing, the "Christians" actually accused others of cherry picking from the Bible :? : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=386167938105810&set=a.374935489229055.95479.363631153692822&type=1

Whoever Emily Marshall is, she's kicking arse there. ;)

It annoys the shit out of me when someone hurls abuse at others and then claims to be "defending Christianity". With friends like that, Christianity doesn't need enemies.

It annoys the shit out of me when someone hurls abuse at others and then claims to be "defending Christianity". With friends like that, Christianity doesn't need enemies.

Course she is. FJers alway kick ass. :)

Wow :shock: I'm surprised my cousin hasn't heard about this, he'd probably join in a heartbeat.

Their "Feed the Hungry with Chick-fil-a" drive makes me laugh. Thousands of people on their page, and out of a $2000 goal they've raised $160. Now, with $160 and a few coupons, they could probably go out and buy food to cook a healthy, well-balanced meal that would feed a couple hundred people. Instead, they'll feed <30 some greasy fried chicken and fried potatoes that provide no nutritional value. And that's IF the people who are collecting the money actually use it for feeding the homeless and don't just decide that their family is in need of some chickfila.

Anytime Emily wades into a debate, I stick around to watch her superhero-like abilities to kick ass and take names, it's pretty awesome.

It's disgusting, seeing people talk about how loving and accepting all Christians are, then turn around and make nasty remarks regarding gay people.

Wow :shock: I'm surprised my cousin hasn't heard about this, he'd probably join in a heartbeat.

Their "Feed the Hungry with Chick-fil-a" drive makes me laugh. Thousands of people on their page, and out of a $2000 goal they've raised $160. Now, with $160 and a few coupons, they could probably go out and buy food to cook a healthy, well-balanced meal that would feed a couple hundred people. Instead, they'll feed <30 some greasy fried chicken and fried potatoes that provide no nutritional value. And that's IF the people who are collecting the money actually use it for feeding the homeless and don't just decide that their family is in need of some chickfila.

A FB friend of mine participated in some such event, and was very offended when two different homeless people turned her away. She was surprised that the homeless have political opinion and dignity. Or maybe just low sodium diets.

I reported the page to FB for violating the hate speech section of their community guidelines. This is the answer I got back:

Hi,

Thanks for your recent report of a potential violation on Facebook. After reviewing

your report, we were not able to confirm that the specific page you reported

violates Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.

Learn more about what we do and don't allow by reviewing the Facebook Community

Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards.

Thanks,

Viki

Am I totally off base here? I'm sorry if I am, but this page makes me livid. I've read over the guidelines, and to me, this pathetic page is in clear violation. I don't understand why "Viki" can't see this as well.

eta - the section of the community guidelines I'm looking at is the hate speech section.

Hahaha, I think enough people reported it as a hate group that it's been taken down. :)

A FB friend of mine participated in some such event, and was very offended when two different homeless people turned her away. She was surprised that the homeless have political opinion and dignity. Or maybe just low sodium diets.

Beggars can't be choosers. It's not just a cliche, it's the law. Also, when people are insufficiently grateful for your "help" it's because they're bad people, not because you did it wrong.

Archived