IGNORED

Michaella/Michal/Michael Bates

Deleted07

Kindergarten class list from hell...

:clap: Now I need to clean the coffee of my computer screen.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made it to six pages! Good job guys. Always nice to have goals in live :lol:

Don't you mean a grain assault? ;)

This is plain ridiculous and you know it. I'm 69, Michaela is like a grandniece, she's 22. I can't understand why it bothers people that I know the Bates family?

OK, I give up. Like many other things in life, it hardly matters what anyone thinks. I just don't understand why everyone jumps on me whenever I mention the Bates, even to correct a misconception. Have it your way.

This is plain ridiculous and you know it. I'm 69, Michaela is like a grandniece, she's 22. I can't understand why it bothers people that I know the Bates family?

OK, I give up. Like many other things in life, it hardly matters what anyone thinks. I just don't understand why everyone jumps on me whenever I mention the Bates, even to correct a misconception. Have it your way.

And by "know", she means that she emails them and runs a fan page and sends them presents. Like a fangirl. I "know" Tori Amos the same way.

Hey I think my aunt "knew" a prison inmate the same way once... :think:

:lol:

And by "know", she means that she emails them and runs a fan page and sends them presents. Like a fangirl. I "know" Tori Amos the same way.

Oooh, I'm jealous! So can you tell me how she spells "Tori"? I'd love to know with your insider information!

Oooh, I'm jealous! So can you tell me how she spells "Tori"? I'd love to know with your insider information!

:clap:

• 6 months later...

Don't these fools know that it was David's inability to stop making war that God decided that he would not be the one to get the glory for building the temple? Solomon made peace without violence. Yet David still has major cred amongst the fundies. Reading his cycle, I see a charismatic guy with a ginormous ego. Solomon's weakness was intellectual curiosity, but he didn't hurt anyone like David did.

Yes, instead he just married their daughters (300 of them if I remember correctly) to make peace. :o

What I don't get is why they changed her name to Michael instead of Michel? It's still only one letter difference and Michel obviously sounds more feminine than Michael.

Or Mychal?

Make love not war?

No kidding. Then there were the 600 something concubines. Guy probably never had the same woman more than once. I think I'd rather have David.

No kidding. Then there were the 600 something concubines. Guy probably never had the same woman more than once. I think I'd rather have David.

In the gazebo. With a condom.

A very interesting story behind Michaella Bates name from the comments section of the Bates blog:

I didn't know much about this character in The Bible, so went to [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michal]wikipedia[/link].

Apparently she was married to someone called David, that her father wanted dead, she was the second daughter and 'booby prize' if you will (he apparently wanted the sister but the father said no and offered her up) and "It is recorded that she chose the welfare of David over the wishes of her father." She helped him escape from the father who wanted him dead. He then apparently went off, drinking, whoring it up with others and remarrying etc. Her father gave her off to marriage to someone else. Then in the end her brother basically gives her back to David while he rules after their father dies. She criticizes the guy for his behaviour and apparently as punishment for everything she did (which I still don't understand what she did wrong?) she dies alone and barren and childless.

Kind of reminds me why I rarely read The Bible, these characters are messed up! :lol:

But anywho, thought this was all very interesting. Anyone have anymore information about Michal the character in the Bible and thoughts about using it as a name and why it would be seen as a bad role-model?

I'll be honest I never noticed the inconsistent spelling. Knowing this now, though... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???

:clap:

Gil and Kelly first went to Anderson Junior College and then the Carson-Newman College. They are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Church and are accredited. Anderson and Carson-Newman may be Christian schools, but they're not Bible colleges. I still don't know why they weren't familiar with the story of Michal, though, and why they were too damn cheap to legally change the kid's name

Random thoughts because I can't sleep.. Anderson is now a university still affiliated with SBC. My youngest sister graduated from that awesomeness last spring. Carson newman is also a university now. I haven't heard that they are directly under southern Baptist ruling but would not be surprised to hear such.

Also, I actually grew up with a girl named Christan. Pronounced Kristen. Then again we also had 3 guys name Christian. Oh and at least 7 Mary something's- Mary Kennedy, Mary Elizabeth, Mary Kay (always wondered about her mom), Mary Catherine and of course Mary Katherine. We also had four cousins, two girls, two boys, born in the same month, therefore in same grade, all named Macmillan. Last i heard one is a lawyer, one took off for places unknown bc he's wanted by the feds, and both girls have four and five kids each. For age calculations, we are all 33. The girl Macs graduated college and have stairstep kids. Fed mac was busted when we were 22

From thinkbabynames.com:

Michaela meaning and name origin

Michaela \m(i)-chae-la\ as a girl's name is pronounced mih-KAY-lah. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Michaela is "who resembles God?". Feminine form of Michael. Kayla is a popular derivative of this name. Actress Michael Learned.

Michaela has 38 variant forms: Macaela, MacKayla, Makayla, Makyla, McKayla, Mechaela, Meeskaela, Mekea, Micaela, Michal, Michael, Michaelina, Michaeline, Michaila, Michalin, Michele, Michelina, Micheline, Michelle, Mickee, Mickie, Miguela, Miguelina, Miguelita, Mahalya, Mihaila, Mihalia, Mihaliya, Mikaela, Mikayla, Mikella, Mikelle, Mikhaila, Mikhayla, Mischaela, Mishaila, Miskaela and Mychaela.

I know a girl who spells it Mikaila. Make that 39

Not to sound like some freaky loon ..... but does anyone else find it off that BOTH of her original given names are boys names ??? Michael Christian , sounds like something out of one of those stories where they decide to raise a baby boy as a girl after a circumcision accident, or if they weren't clear on the gender .. okay, I do sound like a freaky loon, too much tv today !

I agree Mrs S2004--why could they not have named her "Michelle Christina"??

Oh even Michaela (pronounced Mickayla) Chrisitina? Her name story is rather unfortunate...

Oh even Michaela (pronounced Mickayla) Chrisitina? Her name story is rather unfortunate...

Michaela is one of the spellings they use (pronounced Michael-a)

Michaela is one of the spellings they use (pronounced Michael-a)

I know but I mean when they originally changed her name they could have changed it to Michaela.

Archived