IGNORED

Crazy Janis appears to be gone too

missbrooklyn

Our friend Janis, who has alternately been fundy, Mormon, fundy lite and fundy again, has not updated her blog since giving birth to her eighth (!) baby in April. At last read she was becoming increasingly less fundy, had stopped homeschooling and posting about modest clothes, and decided that 8 kids might be her limit. I miss her, though.

I wonder if she started blogging under a new name. Many of her followers were either Mormons or fundies, and maybe she's trying to ditch that crowd. She did that once before, when she was briefly an atheist. Is she still an atheist?

I wonder if she started blogging under a new name. Many of her followers were either Mormons or fundies, and maybe she's trying to ditch that crowd. She did that once before, when she was briefly an atheist. Is she still an atheist?

From her last posts, I didn't see anything to suggest atheism being her new 'religion', but the pic of her leaving the hospital w/ short-shorts & a revealing top tells me, she's definitely not leaning fundie or even fundie-lite.

I wish Janis would come back! I usually feel a bit better reading her blog compared to some of the other blogs we discuss here. At least she isn't coldly calculating in the way she treats her children. Her mistakes seem more like the cheerful enthusiasm of someone trying REALLY HARD to fit in (until she gets bored anyway). So much better than explaining why you need to beat your children.

I wish Janis would come back! I usually feel a bit better reading her blog compared to some of the other blogs we discuss here. At least she isn't coldly calculating in the way she treats her children. Her mistakes seem more like the cheerful enthusiasm of someone trying REALLY HARD to fit in (until she gets bored anyway). So much better than explaining why you need to beat your children.

I agree. I like her. She's admitted that she feels socially awkward and is trying to fit in - and I can sympathize, since she was a teen mom.

She seems very unstable to me. I think the constantly changing rules must be very confusing for her kids. I would argue that it's probably more psychologically harmful to grow up in a household where Mom keeps changing the rules than to grow up in a boring and cold fundie household (though I'm not a fan of that way of life either). Kids need consistency in my opinion.

Archived