IGNORED

The Arndt's have a TV show!

Seven Severn

The daughter is an after thought in most of the videos. You can catch glimpses of her with a broom in the episodes.

And a ten year old celebrating his birthday with a Humpty Humpty costume.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made it 15 minutes. Those people are so strange and boring and odd. You can drive on the beach! We went fishing and caught crabs! Older siblings like to tease younger siblings! God saved us from losing the truck in the ocean because we prayed!

I'll give credit to Mom Arndt, she looks damned good for having all those kids. I think some women are predisposed to regain their figures easily; I have a coworker with 8 kids whose wife is tiny and you'd never guess she had one child much less eight.

The Arndts are so weird - very mainstream in some ways, very fundie in others. Mom Arndt wears short shorts and they wear normal swimwear and clothing and they're involved in sports and community activities, but then they have the crazy home church situation and the homeschooling.

Oh, man! I thought she was 8 or 9.

Depending on the episode you watch, she could be younger than 15. I think the episode I watched was from 2008.

They are just so boring. That is no more enjoyable than watching a video of my life, which is also pretty damn boring. Which is why I'm not on tv.

I was reading a 2010 entry in Luke's notebook last night, where he mentions working for his father's court reporting business. Ok that's cool, they have jobs that do expose them to the greater world and perhaps via the transcription business some of the darker side of humanity. An entry or so later he was discussing a trip he went on and mentioned that his parents had given him some spending money :o WTF moment.

And then there is this:

...One unexpected side effect of having Mary around is that she has helped me keep a high standard in what kind of girl I would be interested in. See, I realize that whoever I would marry would be several years older than my sister, and I would love to be able to encourage Wizzy to look up to her, where I could confidently say, “Go ahead and dress like she does, act like she does, watch what she watches,†and so on.

So I am really praying that if I get married, God will provide someone who would be a perfect role model for Wizzy, where I can safely tell her, “There! Be just like her.†I have got to believe there are such women out there! There may not necessarily be an abundance of them currently, but all I need is one. ...But bottom line… she’s my Number One girl.

I was reading a 2010 entry in Luke's notebook last night, where he mentions working for his father's court reporting business. Ok that's cool, they have jobs that do expose them to the greater world and perhaps via the transcription business some of the darker side of humanity. An entry or so later he was discussing a trip he went on and mentioned that his parents had given him some spending money :o WTF moment.

And then there is this:

Such delusion: His MOTHER is his #1 girl...and always will be.

I've been watching RHONY for mindless entertainment - to try to watch the Arndts was too much of a whiplash situation. They all seem .... not delayed, but ... as if they've been held back! That's the only way I can describe it. Like the Parents Arndt physically/psychically blocked them, somehow, from developing into full adults.

The grown ones seem to be young teens in men's bodies. The younger ones and Mary certainly do act much younger than their chrono ages. Kind of reminds me of Jodie Foster's character in "Nell." Very strange.

I used to live in the exact same town as these people...saw them even...creepy thought. Anyway, would just like to add that I think its hilarious that these boys probably have no idea how babies are made and they have exactly 69 videos on their channel. Hehe ;)

I've been watching RHONY for mindless entertainment - to try to watch the Arndts was too much of a whiplash situation. They all seem .... not delayed, but ... as if they've been held back! That's the only way I can describe it. Like the Parents Arndt physically/psychically blocked them, somehow, from developing into full adults.

The grown ones seem to be young teens in men's bodies. The younger ones and Mary certainly do act much younger than their chrono ages. Kind of reminds me of Jodie Foster's character in "Nell." Very strange.

It's sooo much like Nell and thanks for pointing that out MJB. The kids speech mirrors their fathers, with odd cadences and sentences ending on high notes.

When I watched the tenth birthday celebration and other episodes last night I found it fascinating why they would have family celebrations in the master bedroom. They have the huge newly furnished family room downstairs and a large eat in kitchen.

It's sooo much like Nell and thanks for pointing that out MJB. The kids speech mirrors their fathers, with odd cadences and sentences ending on high notes.

When I watched the tenth birthday celebration and other episodes last night I found it fascinating why they would have family celebrations in the master bedroom. They have the huge newly furnished family room downstairs and a large eat in kitchen.

OOOOOkaaaaaaay...Did not see the episode....but the master bedroom. That's so beyond kinky that it's diving headlong into :shhh: :shhh: incestuous.

I really think the only reason Mama Arndt hasn't switched to frumpers is actually because she has kept a good shape after so many kids. I think she likes showing it off. If her body acted like most women's, she probably would have been more easily swayed on the frumper front.

Now that I am properly tipsy on wine and beer, I will attempt to watch an episode or two.

My semi drunk thoughts (at the start I had two glasses of wine in me). This is for the Outer Pranks episode.

1: Teasing sharpens the minds of the younger siblings (WTF)

2: Is this suppose to be a travel show?

3: Oh look I am a dumb ass with my arms in a different state

4: Apparently, 4 wheel drive is not going to get them out of a sand pit

5: Apparently, God got them stuck in the sand

6: OMG HELP ME!!! The ocean is going to eat me alive!

Mental Status: Halfway through beer and I may need to poke my eyes out with my knitting needles to save me from watching the rest.

7: All of the boys got crabs at the beach!

8: Apparently the boys thought that the fishing trip because they all just stood outside holding a pole. Perhaps the need to try to pump their poles next time.

Mental Note: My mind is way too dirty.

9: Poor little kids, I guess teasing is not making the younger ones minds sharper.

I dont have anymore beer so I will not watch another episode. Besides, I have to go demonstrate spinning yarn at the county fair tomorrow and I dont want to be too hung over for the kids.

Seems like the whole family has the habit of using lots of words to say....not much.

I agree, they have long conversations about absolutely nothing. "We usually go on vacation in cold places. Places where it might even be snowing." It's kind of surprising how stupid it makes them seem, but I wonder if they're just trying to watch their conversations since they're being filmed.

I can't tell if they are talking like that because they are trying to add commentary to an otherwise boring film, or if they all talk to each other like that, all day long, because there's nothing new to say when you live a relatively isolated life.

I can't tell if they are talking like that because they are trying to add commentary to an otherwise boring film, or if they all talk to each other like that, all day long, because there's nothing new to say when you live a relatively isolated life.

Another good reason to pair them off with the Maxwell girls. They're all BORING!

Does anyone know if Mark Arndt has some medical condition or does he just shave his head completely? It's just weird that he's totally bald and non of the other older brothers seem to have lost their hair or have thinning hair. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Does anyone know if Mark Arndt has some medical condition or does he just shave his head completely? It's just weird that he's totally bald and non of the other older brothers seem to have lost their hair or have thinning hair. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything.

I saw photos of him younger with little hair and noticed he didn't have brows or eyelashes so I'm guessing alopecia.

Archived