IGNORED

ANOTHER Maxwell courtship???

ncb

OK, so, I am starting this from the discussion of the Duggar graduation pics. I think it deserves a new thread mainly because I couldn't care less about the Duggars but and kinda Maxwell obsessed.

Here is the link to the Duggar graduation album. Of interest to Maxwell freaks are photos #12, #16 and #25. Below I have pasted my observations from the other thread.

ncb wrote:

I am trying to tell which three kids were with Steve (per his corner posted yesterday). I think I see Mary and maybe Anna in pic #16, maybe Mary in the pink shirt and Anna in the blue? The skirt on the person wearing the blue shirt looks to be Maxwell length. I think we can assume Joseph didn't go and John has been working a lot on Joseph's house, who knows about Jesse. In pic #25 in the back left corner I almost think I see Sarah in the Khaki green shirt she was wearing in their recent post. Could Steve have taken the three girls? This has me very curious...maybe he is actually going places other slightly less crazy fundies go. Of course, that was a big crowd so, it may not have been a Maxwell/Duggar thing but may have been a place they met up with others as well. After going through the pics I am fairly convinced (or in their lingo, convicted) that only the Maxwell girls are there...

OK, now I am really straining my eyes on this one BUT again looking at pic #16 but this time behind the kitchen counter in the lower right corner I think I see Sarah Maxwell in the khaki shit and very close to her is a red head...perhaps John-Marie? Then, look back at picture #25 and if that is Sarah in the khaki green shirt, the red head is standing right behind her. Could it be that they are finally getting around to pairing the red headed guy (forget his name) up with one of the girls? I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Anna but, there is definitely something strange afoot here...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good eyes! I think I see Sarah standing next to Steve in photo 25, end of the kitchen left, in the background wearing a green shirt.

Can't say I see any evidence of courtship, but there's really no other reason that fundies, (especially Maxwells,) travel to visit someone.

The courtship might be between a Maxwell and someone from another family, not necessarily a Duggar. That's quite a large gathering. I've never heard of the Maxwells attending a party where there were so many other people their own age. I mean, they're actually being allowed to socialize for once! Maybe Steve is starting to back off a little?

The courtship might be between a Maxwell and someone from another family, not necessarily a Duggar. That's quite a large gathering. I've never heard of the Maxwells attending a party where there were so many other people their own age. I mean, they're actually being allowed to socialize for once! Maybe Steve is starting to back off a little?

yeah I was going to say that too... Could be between the Vanderhoff family, or the Patton Family... Heck even the Bates'es? (Nah!)

I see the red head, but John-Marie is a much darker red than that boy. Atleast, that's how it looks in the photos.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/12/

From what I found via Mr Google, the Vanderhoffs eldest is a daughter of 22. So no luck there for Sarah. Anyone know anything about the Patton family?

John-Marie is only 24, so I'd say he's more for Anna than Sarah, sadly.

OK, so, I am starting this from the discussion of the Duggar graduation pics. I think it deserves a new thread mainly because I couldn't care less about the Duggars but and kinda Maxwell obsessed.

Here is the link to the Duggar graduation album. Of interest to Maxwell freaks are photos #12, #16 and #25. Below I have pasted my observations from the other thread.

ncb wrote:

I am trying to tell which three kids were with Steve (per his corner posted yesterday). I think I see Mary and maybe Anna in pic #16, maybe Mary in the pink shirt and Anna in the blue? The skirt on the person wearing the blue shirt looks to be Maxwell length. I think we can assume Joseph didn't go and John has been working a lot on Joseph's house, who knows about Jesse. In pic #25 in the back left corner I almost think I see Sarah in the Khaki green shirt she was wearing in their recent post. Could Steve have taken the three girls? This has me very curious...maybe he is actually going places other slightly less crazy fundies go. Of course, that was a big crowd so, it may not have been a Maxwell/Duggar thing but may have been a place they met up with others as well. After going through the pics I am fairly convinced (or in their lingo, convicted) that only the Maxwell girls are there...

OK, now I am really straining my eyes on this one BUT again looking at pic #16 but this time behind the kitchen counter in the lower right corner I think I see Sarah Maxwell in the khaki shit and very close to her is a red head...perhaps John-Marie? Then, look back at picture #25 and if that is Sarah in the khaki green shirt, the red head is standing right behind her. Could it be that they are finally getting around to pairing the red headed guy (forget his name) up with one of the girls? I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Anna but, there is definitely something strange afoot here...

Where is the link?

For a very long time I felt bad for Sarah but I think there are so many wins for a potential suitor. First she won't have as many babies, which is good because then the man in theory doesn't have to work as hard. Also, if a man really isn't crazy about having a quiverfull she would be perfect because he can still have a pretty good lifestyle because he has less kids to feed and clothe. I still have hope, and I think it's all good for Sarah.

Very odd that some of the Maxwells attended. Stevie must have been defrauded as there a few woman in trousers and shorter skirts showing :o knees. Maybe Teri could not go as they could have been serving Pepsi?

Cannot see Amy, though Boob's sister seems to be there.

I think it's very strange that the Maxwells attended this. I didn't think they were friends of the Duggars. The Maxwells seem a lot snootier about their brand of Christianity and they don't mingle in the big wide world unless they have to for some reason. The only place I see these families' philosophies intersecting is in the breeding of large families.

I don't know about John Marie being for any of the Duggars.

His sister breeds sheep. That's practically devil worshiping in the Maxwell's books. Plus, JM works independantly from his parents and seems quite succesful at it. Far too librul for Stevo.

Guest Anonymous

If JohnMarie was there, then that could be sufficient reason - didn't an insider tell us that the Maxwells are going into business with him., providing droplet irrigation (and the healing waters of Jesus) throughout Kansas?

I would love him or anyone to be for Sarah, but I fear he is pre-courting Anna. :(

For a very long time I felt bad for Sarah but I think there are so many wins for a potential suitor. First she won't have as many babies, which is good because then the man in theory doesn't have to work as hard. Also, if a man really isn't crazy about having a quiverfull she would be perfect because he can still have a pretty good lifestyle because he has less kids to feed and clothe. I still have hope, and I think it's all good for Sarah.

I hope you're correct, but sadly I think they live in a patriarchal cult that views women, even if they hide it under Titus 2 crapola, as broodmares. Sarah, due to the fact that she's 30, is going to be seen as "on the shelf" by most fundie men, who are generally married off by that age. Add in Steve's controlling and exacting standards and lifestyle, I think it's a recipe for disaster. FREE SARAH!

Steve's probably there to get his their quality homeschool planning and other godly products promoted on national tv!

I hope you're correct, but sadly I think they live in a patriarchal cult that views women, even if they hide it under Titus 2 crapola, as broodmares. Sarah, due to the fact that she's 30, is going to be seen as "on the shelf" by most fundie men, who are generally married off by that age. Add in Steve's controlling and exacting standards and lifestyle, I think it's a recipe for disaster. FREE SARAH!

This. Of all the SAHDs we talk about here, Sarah is the one I most feel for.

Sarah, due to the fact that she's 30, is going to be seen as "on the shelf" by most fundie men,

She'll catch some widower with a big family and have 3-5 kids of her own. Probably one of Steve's friends or disciples.

Every (EVERY) single time I read the name "John-Marie," I laugh all over again.

It is perfect.

Mary (although not Marie, admittedly) is not unusual as a name for Catholic boys. Peter Francis Mary, Dominic Joseph Mary, James Mary Edward . . . . It just indicates maternal devotion to the Virgin Mary, and a plea for special protection for the child.

Mary (although not Marie, admittedly) is not unusual as a name for Catholic boys. Peter Francis Mary, Dominic Joseph Mary, James Mary Edward . . . . It just indicates maternal devotion to the Virgin Mary, and a plea for special protection for the child.

Yes, I know - this is especially true in Spanish-speaking countries (Jose Maria, etc.). (The Maxwells do not, of course, partake of any Catholic traditions or practices.)

It doesn't make me laugh because of that; what makes me laugh is the notion that any newcomer, male or female, to the Maxwell clan who shares a name with a Maxwell will (apparently) be assigned "-Marie" for clarifying purposes.

I think it's very strange that the Maxwells attended this. I didn't think they were friends of the Duggars. The Maxwells seem a lot snootier about their brand of Christianity and they don't mingle in the big wide world unless they have to for some reason. The only place I see these families' philosophies intersecting is in the breeding of large families.

There is a Titus2 dot com blog post from some years ago about visiting the Duggars while enroute to a conference.

I think they are friendly - maybe not friends, but friendly. Apparently, they are friendly enough for Steve and the girls to drive 4 hours each way to a graduation at the Duggar household.

No clue about a courtship, but two things about Stevie's presence at the Duggar graduation stand out to me.

One, he only took three of his offspring with. That family probably doesn't know how to function without every member playing his or her role. They don't go to the bathroom without each other, how the hell did they come up with an acceptable plan to split the family in half? Steve probably broke out in hives knowing that half his family was several hours away, outside his authority and control. How could he find it within himself to trust Terri to keep the minds and hearts of those who stayed home with her on their idol, Steve...er....the Lord?

Two, the fundie world is actually much smaller than it seems to those of us who are fundie watchers, I think. They all know each other! They inter-marry (Morton-Smith cult, anyone?) and only allow their blessings/arrows to marry others with the exact right beliefs. Courtships have ended over 'doctrine'. That's actually good news because eventually, they are simply going to run out of people to breed with since they'll all be related. Their circles will shrink and like any group, they will need to go outside their clans or perish. I mean, the Morton-Smiths have significantly shrunk their pool of options for the next generation since they're all cousins twice over already.

Archived