IGNORED

Seriously, so creepy. Miss Raquel and her Brother

LilMissMetaphor

I want to thump her head too. For an 18 year old (is that how old she is?) she is waaaay too into herself.

Someone said we looked like movie stars in this pic ^ ;)

My new Facebook profile pic. One of my bros said that my eyebrow was perfect. haha

I really like our expressions in this ^ pic.

Smile because we're an adorable bro and sis ;)

Too cool for school. That's why we didn't go to one...

Oh and seriously, look at my hair! It looks so light and...red in this picture!! I do have red highlights. All natural, mind you. They come from my Russian side, I think ;)

A friend of ours commented on this pic on FB and said 'Beauty and the Beast'.

"movie stars" "perfect" (albeit referring to her eyebrow) "adorable" "cool" "Beauty"

get over yourself, Raquel.

Raquel's mama needs to have a talk with her about her self-absorption.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol at the "vague stopsign". Even though its blurry and in the background, there's nothing vague about a large red and white sign.

Miss Raquel is just such a damn idiot.

I mean, yes, this is borderline creepy and they're really not that good-looking anyway... but most of all, she's just a naive, self-centered, obnoxious little kid who's going to get a rude awakening sometime soon. I really can't stand to read her blog. Bleh.

He's not... ugly or anything but he ain't the best lookin guy out there! She needs to do something with her hair and refrain from talking about her bro like that it's creepy.

Hellfire, where do I start?!

Pretentious little bitch needs a slap. Bro aint that good looking but to say that no one can have him is eeeeeeeew, creepy. Mega creepy.

Oh and her hair needs a good brush/cut/wash and his eyebrows add to his Eddie Munster look.

I thought the posing with finger guns trend was kind of over.

The problem with Miss Raquel is that she is surrounded by people who will only tell her how wonderful and perfect she is. The few people who have dared to act like she is less than perfect get bashed on her blog. She needs to head to the community college where people will not treat her like God's special snowflake.

I want to thump her head too. For an 18 year old (is that how old she is?) she is waaaay too into herself.

"movie stars" "perfect" (albeit referring to her eyebrow) "adorable" "cool" "Beauty"

get over yourself, Raquel.

Raquel's mama needs to have a talk with her about her self-absorption.

She is 17. Her mom started homeschooling her a year early. I have a few teen relatives that are the same age and they are a bit a self-absorebed, but they aren't as bad as Raquel.

I had to laugh at the too cool for school quote. If Raquel and her brother had went to actual schools, I doubt that either one would have been popular. I'm not trying to sound cruel, but I think both of them would have been picked on for their looks. I don't think they are ugly, but they aren't attractive. The brother doesn't have movie star looks. Miss Raquel would have been eaten alive in public schools. If she had tried out for a school play and sucked, the drama teachers would have told her. If she sucked at sports, someone would have also told her.

Hellfire, where do I start?!

Pretentious little bitch needs a slap. Bro aint that good looking but to say that no one can have him is eeeeeeeew, creepy. Mega creepy.

Oh and her hair needs a good brush/cut/wash and his eyebrows add to his Eddie Munster look.

I agree with you on that and I'm surprised that Raquel doesn't do her hair better. For being so self-absored, it is a bit weird that she ignores certain things about her physical appearance. I'm also surprised that she didn't get braces or invisalign to fix her teeth. Her two top front teeth look crooked.

Funniest comment; "You guys are so cute! And that last photo? Luke & Leia Skywalker all the way."

I thought it was someone snarking on the squicky vibe off the whole thing, but it's from a blogger who describes herself as "waiter of prince charming. daughter of the King of kings." so I guess not.

Funniest comment; "You guys are so cute! And that last photo? Luke & Leia Skywalker all the way."

I thought it was someone snarking on the squicky vibe off the whole thing, but it's from a blogger who describes herself as "waiter of prince charming. daughter of the King of kings." so I guess not.

I love that comment. Miss Raquel's friends are mostly ditzy fundie lites like her who don't realize how squicky some of the pictures are.

Lol at the "vague stopsign". Even though its blurry and in the background, there's nothing vague about a large red and white sign.

Totally! She is using the word completely incorrectly.

You don't know how amazing it is to be a 2012 Home School Graduate...and to be able to graduate with one of my best friends, and big bro.

'Tis true- I don't know how amazing it is to get a third rate education surrounded by family constantly. I do know how great it is to be a 1999 graduate of a quality liberal Catholic girls' school where my mom taught and my sister attended. Is it even possible to fail out of a fundie homeschool? It's not like her mom is going to fail her in Jesus studies or anything.

Totally! She is using the word completely incorrectly.

'Tis true- I don't know how amazing it is to get a third rate education surrounded by family constantly. I do know how great it is to be a 1999 graduate of a quality liberal Catholic girls' school where my mom taught and my sister attended. Is it even possible to fail out of a fundie homeschool? It's not like her mom is going to fail her in Jesus studies or anything.

I don't think any fundie would ever fail their own child. I do wonder if Raquel or her brother have taken ACT or SAT tests.

Miss Raquel once said that a plus side of homeschooling was that you didn't have to do silly things like take Literature classes because she reads a lot. There is no way in hell they got any sort of education. I think there mom is about has lazy and self-centered as Raquel.

This is from Raquel's FB page about this post:

::giggles:: I love how almost all the girls who commented on my last blog post, all tried to say how good-looking and handsome my bro is, but always added 'not in a creepy way, of course' or 'I don't know how else to say that so that it won't sound creepy'. Don't worry. It's not creepy at all ;)

:roll:

And this is from their cousin:

I think I should comment and go on and on and on about how good looking he is cause he IS my cousin and we cousins have special rights :)

This whole family is just weird.

Miss Raquel once said that a plus side of homeschooling was that you didn't have to do silly things like take Literature classes because she reads a lot. There is no way in hell they got any sort of education. I think there mom is about has lazy and self-centered as Raquel.

Miss Raquel is an idiot. Often times, the purpose of literature classes is to teach and discuss various topics related to different forms of literature and to help students develop analytical skills. I know a secular family that homeschooled their four kids and the mom did have literature analysis as part of the high school age curriculum. This mom grew up in France and England and she even focused quite a bit on literature from those countries. Literature classes aren't always about pushing students to read. I also think MR's mom is lazy and I bet she probably took shortcuts when it came to curriculum and teaching. I wouldn't be surprised, if they are books that precious Miss Raquel isn't allowed to read.

"This wall was pretty legit. With my bro leaning against it, it made it even moreso."

I wish she'd just... stop. Please.

What makes a wall legit? Certificates? How legit is the wall? Is it legit enough? Or... too legit? :mrgreen:

And it's all Goth over there again. No one had to die, for her to bring up the subject, but God did speak to her, and one day we might all have to live in a Raquel free world :( Damn she's special.

And it's all Goth over there again. No one had to die, for her to bring up the subject, but God did speak to her, and one day we might all have to live in a Raquel free world :( Damn she's special.

Say it ain't so! I'm not sure I could live in such a desolate place

What makes a wall legit? Certificates? How legit is the wall? Is it legit enough? Or... too legit? :mrgreen:

2 legit 2 quit, even?

But I suddenly realized that I will leave this earth someday. I, Raquel, will not be here. I will not be alive. I will be gone. Dead. Buried.

This realization took me by such force that I seriously sat in shocked, scared into silence for a few moments…just puzzling over what I had just come to a complete and full understanding

This is from someone who has spent her life planning her death? Yeah right. :roll:

From a month or so ago:

Ever since I was little, I always wondered how I was going to die. Would I be in a car accident? Would I get thrown from a horse? Would I die slowly, from leukemia or cancer? Or perhaps I would die saving someone from drowning?

This got me thinking (it’s not like I hadn’t thought of this before)…

What will it be like when I die?

I've never heard of her or read her blog before now. Yeah, the bro/sis pics are creepy - my own kids (14yog & 17yob) would NEVER talk that way about each other. But, really, how much can you snark on a 17yo kid? I mean, most kids this age *are* pretty self-absorbed and honestly, I'd rather see a teen with an inflated sense of self than one who is full of self-hatred. Hopefully she will grow out of it soon.

There really are no words for how creepy all the "my bro is so hot!!" stuff is!! Especially the, "you can't have him...ever" bit. So do we know much about her parents? Just wondering how the heck she got to be so self-absorbed. And so not subtle about it. Honestly, posting eleventy pictures of yourself IS probably a typical thing for girls her age to do, but most would be savvy enough to not comment under each with how cute her hair is, her shoes, movie stah, ect. :roll:

Ok, here's more of the creepy. From '09, admittedly.

Is there a fictional character you see as a model for your future husband? Well, there are actually a few :)...but just because they have different personalities that I would like all combined in one man :). Let's see...Mr. Fiztwilliam Darcy, Mr. John Knightley, Mr. Edward Travilla, Jr., Willie LaHaye, and...not fictional: General "Stonewall" Jackson

I am a Confederate and proud of it!

Paulina is a dear, sweet friend of mine. Her blog is filled with posts of her opinions on many different things in life...all from a Godly perspective. She has blessed and encouraged me in more ways than I could count! Paulina, you will never know how much the LORD has used you in my life. Keep serving Him! You are a true light.

I didn't know these two knew each other...I'm not sure how they could both be in the same room at the same time, surely the walls would implode from the force of their navel-gazing.

Archived