IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen Part 3

Coconut Flan

I can see no actual blankets but what about those Aiden and Anis swaddles? I see everyone draping those over strollers and those seem fine. This does seem tighter than I might want to go with but if it is made of cotton, that breaths and I think it would be OK.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@elliha would guess a lot of the temperature rise could have to do with stroller models and @jqlgoblue alsost certainly has a point about how breathable the fabric is having a lot to do with temperture gain inside strollers. I'm also wonderimg if two hair deficient cats exude more heat than one human baby? I don't know how warm babies are to the touch (have never held one), but cats do have a higher body temperature than adult humans, so if human babies have the same temp as adults, that may also factor in. Either way, a thermometer in the stroller is good piece of mind.

It's really not super safe for the stroller either, you are much better off investing in a stroller with a huge (breathable) canopy. Bugaboo makes the best summer shades, they cover the entire stroller seat with a super light SPF-50 fabric with mesh for air flow. My son slept great with that as a cover and I never had to worry about overheating.

So since B/M are moving into a new house does this mean we'll be treated to another episode of her sisters attempting to rearrange and redecorate it despite her objections? 

19 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Brandon and Michaella have updated their blog.

http://brandonandmichaela.com/2017/10/07/2017-summer/

No words, just pictures. I'd post them here, but there's quite a few of them.

In the picture of them eating at the table the girl next to Michael is wearing some shooooort shorts. Anyone know who she is? The girl on the left also appears to be in athletic shorts, is she a Keilen sister? The Keilen girls wear pants, right? I remember one working a job in D.C...

It's better to cover your carseat like that in the winter than to put baby in a snow suit, or one of those zipper covers that goes under the baby and around the harness though. Those kind can seriously affect the harness fit, making the seat dangerous for baby...

I understand them in the winter, but I'm in South Texas, and lots of people here use them all the time, even in the dead of summer... When it is 110* outside, the last thing your baby needs is to be under a double layer of fabric, lol. I can totally understand a mosquito net, or one of the thin muslin swaddle blankets to add more shade, but not baking the baby, lol

5 hours ago, faraway said:

In the picture of them eating at the table the girl next to Michael is wearing some shooooort shorts. Anyone know who she is? The girl on the left also appears to be in athletic shorts, is she a Keilen sister? The Keilen girls wear pants, right? I remember one working a job in D.C...

They're Brandon's sisters.  They have more relaxed modesty standards and they also have careers and don't live at home with their parents.

On 09/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, Mela99 said:

Every time I see Brandon's mother I think of Lucy from Peanuts.....

All I can think is "bad wig, bad wig, bad wig, bad wig, bad wig"

On 10/13/2017 at 2:05 AM, FeministFunPolice said:

I was kind of thinking about this for the last few days. I wonder if the choice of wig is a modesty thing, like how Hasidic women wear (often bad) wigs over their natural hair out for modesty's sake? 

On 10/13/2017 at 3:05 AM, FeministFunPolice said:

Okay all this time and I never realized it was a wig. Now I need to go and look for more photos.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:21 PM, LillyP said:

Did I miss that they are moving?? Where to?

I was wondering the same thing. I don't see any posts on the blog about moving. I can't imagine how expensive home ownership in Chicago is though. Unless they're making a move out of state. I know Texas was mentioned in the past.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:21 AM, LillyP said:

Did I miss that they are moving?? Where to?

On one of the live streams they do for the show Kelly and Erin were in an airport. They said that they were coming home from Chicago, and that they were there because they were helping Michael move to a new place. I don’t think they’ve said anything more about that

8 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Okay all this time and I never realized it was a wig. Now I need to go and look for more photos.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't see any posts on the blog about moving. I can't imagine how expensive home ownership in Chicago is though. Unless they're making a move out of state. I know Texas was mentioned in the past.

How did you miss it was a wig?!? Only Trump has a worse looking wig. 

"Nice wig, Janice. What's it made of?"

"Your mom's chest hair!"  

Trump's wig is his own chest hair... or perhaps his daughter's trimmings from the salon floor. 

I'm also not 100% sold on Mama Keilen's hair being a wig. I suspect she may just subscribe to the Jboob helmet of hairspray philosophy.

Why isn't hairspray the leading Fundie MLM? 

On 10/8/2017 at 9:00 PM, rainbowbabycakes said:

It's better to cover your carseat like that in the winter than to put baby in a snow suit, or one of those zipper covers that goes under the baby and around the harness though. Those kind can seriously affect the harness fit, making the seat dangerous for baby...

I

^^ this.   It's for the three minutes running from warm car to warm store through 25 degree weather, then you peel it back off ...

I totally missed it being a wig also. I just thought she had thick coarse hair styled poorly.

Couple of Instagram updates from Michaella

She also donated blood recently (picture under the cut for those who are freaked out by needles/blood)

Spoiler

11 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Couple of Instagram updates from Michaella

She also donated blood recently (picture under the cut for those who are freaked out by needles/blood)

Hide contents

Dear Josiah Duggar,

This is how you do a medical themed Instagram post. Not posing awkwardly for the camera while appearing to catch the Dentist or Dental Hygienist off guard. 

Spoiler for the squeamish:

Spoiler

Also, good for her for donating. I used to do it in college, but the needle doesn’t stay in my veins anymore and they can’t use half a donation for anything. So I stopped to avoid having them waste resources. 

@VelociRapture  (continued: spoiler for squeamish)

Spoiler

I've donated blood a few times, and the last time I wasn't hydrated enough so they only got half a bag. I asked what they would do with it, and apparently it goes to research, so fear not! :)

54 minutes ago, albireo said:

@VelociRapture  (continued: spoiler for squeamish)

Hide contents

I've donated blood a few times, and the last time I wasn't hydrated enough so they only got half a bag. I asked what they would do with it, and apparently it goes to research, so fear not! :)

I asked several years ago during a failed donation. They told me they couldn’t use it for anything at all, not even research (I specifically asked about research since I had read online somewhere that they could use it for that, but nope. Apparently google was wrong.) Maybe Red Cross procedures have changed since then. I probably won’t donate anytime soon though - between the donation trouble, the dog, and the baby it just wouldn’t be the best choice right now. :|

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived