IGNORED

Nordstrom sells jeans with fake mud on them for $425

47of74

Who the hell would want to pay $425 for a pair of jeans?

wkbw.com/news/national/nordstrom-sells-jeans-with-fake-mud-on-them-for-425

Nordstrom has lit the internet on fire with another expensive product that many are calling ridiculous.

On its website, the department store is selling a $425 pair of jeans that is covered in fake mud.

The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans feature obvious splashes of what Nordstrom calls "caked-on muddy coating," giving the effect of being worn on a day in the dirt.

In its description for the pants, the company says they "embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action" and that, when worn, they show "you're not afraid to get down and dirty."

"On its website, the department store is selling a $425 pair of jeans that is covered in fake mud.

The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans feature obvious splashes of what Nordstrom calls "caked-on muddy coating," giving the effect of being worn on a day in the dirt.

In its description for the pants, the company says they "embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action" and that, when worn, they show "you're not afraid to get down and dirty."

I could just go roll in the mud for free?

I feel like this article needs a follow up with how many people actually purchase a pair of these jeans. With that much I could buy several nice outfits, or an outfit and a pair of nice shoes I've been saving for.

And are the majority of women really looking to look 'dirty' as part of their overall look? If so certainly not for $425 surely!

@purjolok84, I think these jeans are aimed at the male market.

These jeans with fake mud are like women's jeans with ratty holes already ripped in them.  They just look stupid and make the wearer look like a moron.  Of course, nothing could top this pair of cutoff that Kendall Jenner was recently wearing.  She'd made some homemade cutoffs, but left the bottom hem of the jeans attached.  Does that woman have two brain cells to rub together?

Did you see the picture of the jeans with the clear plastic panels to "show off your knees"? The ladies can show off their knees, while their male SO looks like he's been digging a grave or something. 

:dontgetit:

7 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Did you see the picture of the jeans with the clear plastic panels to "show off your knees"? The ladies can show off their knees, while their male SO looks like he's been digging a grave or something. 

:dontgetit:

For a minute I thought those clear knee jeans were a parody.

Since visiting  Nordstrom's website to see those two pairs of jeans, I'm getting ads for more of their jeans. If the paint on these was grey instead of red, I'd think they stole an old pair of my husband's "yard" jeans.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/prps-barracuda-destroyed-straight-leg-jeans/4457247?cm_mmc=display_rt-_-tellapart-_-men%3Abottoms%3Apant-_-core

Hell, I've been tearing his ratty old jeans up to use for patches, and throwing the really beat to hell bits into the compost bin, and I find out I could have selling them for $425?!? 

I do not understand the clear knee jeans. It looks awful. And the plastic would be uncomfortable. Well, it is "clear" that I do not shop at Nordstrom's. 

They look strange. 

Wtf?? That mud looks really caked on there. And @Cartmann99 the ones you found look like they've seen some sort of nuclear war and then rusted. Can you imagine a guy buying these and showing up for a nice dinner in them? I'd be like are you ok, what happened to your pants?? :confused2:

ETA if you want to look like you've done work in your pants you could work....in a pair of pants. Trust me, my fiancé can vouch that working outside in pants does in fact make said pants have dirt and holes in them. 

This reminds me of the holy jeans I used to wear in college many moons ago. Not that I was inspired to wear such things by Joe Elliott of Def Leppard at the time; surely I wasn't. :my_biggrin:

Wow...$425? That was my utility bill last month. Can't imagine spending that on "1" pair of pants. Well, my mom bought $500 worth of hats from Key West last Dec.

my son came in yesterday with his pants looking just like that...except he spent the day actually getting muddy by laying actual mulch in the actual rain at his actual "hard-working action, down and dirty" JOB. anyone who buys these is an idiot :my_angry:

$425 is probably more than I spend in clothes all year! Who knew we were so fashionable wearing muddy jeans? I usually change into nicer jeans when running errands after doing yard work. 

This reminds me of my grandfather, who worked blue collar jobs all his life, usually with a uniform or coveralls. In his off hours & all the time when he retired, he wore a shirt & tie & blazer, sometimes a suit. Older generations were like that - he was born in 1901. Now, instead of the working class dressing up to look upper class, the rich are dressing down to look like the rest of us. And paying inflated prices to do it. So stupid.

13 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I do not understand the clear knee jeans. It looks awful. And the plastic would be uncomfortable. Well, it is "clear" that I do not shop at Nordstrom's. 

They look strange. 

I keep thinking about when you are wearing shorts in the summer and sit on a warm leather couch. :pb_confused:

One of the shirts I wear when I'm doing home improvement projects has definitely seen better days. It's funny to think that a Nordstrom's shopper would pay good money to trot around town in it. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

Meanwhile, in overpriced designer handbags there's this gem:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/ikea-had-hilarious-response-balenciaga-201753751.html

Apparently, Balenciaga's new bag looks to much like the $.99 tote from Ikea.  And of course, Ikea is having a blast with this.

I've got several of those blue totes in my spare room closet.  Who knew they could be high fashion?  I was just saving them for my next trip to Ikea.

34 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I've got several of those blue totes in my spare room closet.  Who knew they could be high fashion?  I was just saving them for my next trip to Ikea.

Put on your painting or yardwork clothes, grab one of your IKEA bags, turn your attitude up to 11, and saunter into the most expensive store in your town. :pb_lol:

I would never buy those ugly things, but on the plus side better to blow $425 on that than on Ivanka Trump.

$425 for a pair of fake dirty jeans? What was it that saying about a fool and money?

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

$425 for a pair of fake dirty jeans? What was it that saying about a fool and money?

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

I'm admitting to being guilty of that from time to time; hopefully not for something as stupid as this, though (although I can't promise anything).  ;) 

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Could be elected President? :kitty-wink:

On 26/4/2017 at 4:55 AM, PennySycamore said:

@purjolok84, I think these jeans are aimed at the male market.

These jeans with fake mud are like women's jeans with ratty holes already ripped in them.  They just look stupid and make the wearer look like a moron. 

:my_biggrin: here I am

Spoiler

IMG_20170427_215713.thumb.jpg.1e4a15946e3be1d3d7f5e6abf177663c.jpg

Fake dirt is on another level though.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

Even Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs called them out on this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/nation-now/2017/04/26/nordstrom-selling-425-jeans-covered-fake-mud-mike-rowe-calls-them-out/100921914/

I'm also wondering who the hell would pay $425 for these.

Ok, the page is possessed again.

On a shallow side note, Mike Rowe is on my roster of celebrity husbands. Granted, he has no knowledge of this, but he's on it just the same. :my_biggrin:

$425 for just 1 pair of dirty jeans? 

No thanks.

That $2000 Balenciaga bag looks ridiculous. lmao

Fools.

Archived