IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

Where do I acquire leghumpers, I'm kind of attention starved? :pb_lol:

"Wow, good job Harley, you type so fast!" "You're a pro at navigating multiple tabs on a browser, you should open up your own internet business!" 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Wow, good job Harley, you type so fast!" "You're a pro at navigating multiple tabs on a browser, you should open up your own internet business!" 

can I be president of your class of leghumpers - i type faster :D

For Fucks Sake! Is there EVER ANYTHING those "parents" do with their "blessings"? Why is it ALWAYS Jana doing the job  I'd expect either the parents or the homeowners to do?

Call me crazy, but in our family decorating is something where we, the parents say to our child(ren) "come and lets spend some time together making the place look cool/nice/lovely/festive for ALL of us!" You know, quality parent-child time......

Might be time to log out of FJ for the day as this is truly making me rage-y (why this and not one of the other many parenting fails???)

14 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

For Fucks Sake! Is there EVER ANYTHING those "parents" do with their "blessings"? Why is it ALWAYS Jana doing the job  I'd expect either the parents or the homeowners to do?

Call me crazy, but in our family decorating is something where we, the parents say to our child(ren) "come and lets spend some time together making the place look cool/nice/lovely/festive for ALL of us!" You know, quality parent-child time......

Might be time to log out of FJ for the day as this is truly making me rage-y (why this and not one of the other many parenting fails???)

I'm with you, I've never decorated with myself. It's something I do with my family or with my husband. It just seems sad and lonely. So many people in that house and no one to help Jana. 

On 12/2/2016 at 0:15 PM, Buzzard said:

She's pretty much the only one you can hear singing - front and center - strange that she wouldnt know the words considering the amount of caroling the Duggars do!

But Joy is courting now, that means she can only think about her boyfriend/BFF. They have always excused the J'Slaves for lapses in knowledge and ability once they hit that all-important courtship. So, any carols Joy once knew by heart have flown away, since only Austin can have her heart. I can't imagine being that way -- every guy I dated was important to me, but I still functioned at an age-appropriate level, even in high school.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

@HarleyQuinn, aren't you a webmaster? Your crazy good skills at navigating the Internet certainly qualify you for it... :my_smile:

Maybe you can take over the ITONRAMP.... :Yes:

I'm just catching up, but had to comment on the caroling video. I notice that the boys are dressed nicer than they were at Jinger's wedding...

On 12/2/2016 at 9:25 AM, Four is Enough said:

Seems like the Forsyth's daughter got married, and they immediately began to look for someone else to help out on the the campground.  Joy? Maybe she welcomes the chance to be a big frog in a small pond.. you know, only one daughter out of two? Or she likes the outdoorsy life and the groom can provide that?

If she wants it, I wish her well.

Reminds me of the episode on Andy Griffith where a farmer wouldnt let his daughter wear makeup and dresses because she had too many chores and he had no sons to help out. Then Andys girlfriend dressed her up and sat her up on a fence so the neighbor farmhands could all ogle her and the farmer could get a son in law. 

It creeped me out at the time. Isnt that one of the shows the duggars let thekids watch?

6 hours ago, Purrl said:

I'm just catching up, but had to comment on the caroling video. I notice that the boys are dressed nicer than they were at Jinger's wedding...

Why the Duggar boys seem to never dress appropriately for formal events (and when they do manage to wear suits, they look like they're wearing their dad's suits -- Jim Bob included) is beyond me.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:38 AM, Audrey2 said:

I've wondered if the girls were played up because they were much more attractive than the boys, if they truly had more personality than the boys, or if the show was always a subtle advertisement for courtships, even when they were much too young. 

Why does he need to advertise them for courtships? It's not like he's picking quality candidates in the end.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:38 PM, Audrey2 said:

I've wondered if the girls were played up because they were much more attractive than the boys, if they truly had more personality than the boys, or if the show was always a subtle advertisement for courtships, even when they were much too young. 

I think this last season seems  to be an advertisement for courtships. The girls appear more personal while the boys seem on guard. I am not sure if them on guard is just a guy thing, but they are. Even when they went through the list on what type of girl each of the guys should date. John seems like it weird for siblings to be concerned about him dating.  He is probably dating and we won't know about it until they are planning the wedding, which is fine with me.

Side note: What else can they show to be keep people interested? More of Jill? Yes, but her hippie lifestyle will get boring soon. Jessa? Well, she seems still like a bully "headstrong" towards Jana and people may eventually be turned off by that.

Anywho, one day Counting On will eventually end and they may just do specials.

On 11/30/2016 at 8:59 AM, JesSky03 said:

Stress causing infertility is generally a myth. It typically takes a large amount of stress to actually hinder your fertility- like a loved one dying. I think it's possible that Jill is extremely stressed and overwhelmed with their living situation but I'm not sure if she's that stressed that it could be causing her to not get pregnant. She appears healthy- I don't see bags under her eyes, she is keeping her weight up, and appears relaxed in pictures (at least to me). But for what it's worth I hope that Jill is not experiencing secondary infertility. My husband and I are just now beginning some infertility testing as we have been trying for over a year now with no luck. It has been the hardest and most challenging year of my life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even a fundie like Jill. (I'm not trying to call you out or say you do wish it on them, hope it doesn't sound that way).

I mentioned this in another thread, but I once went without a period for multiple months while living abroad (and I was quite happy / excited to be there!). When I got back to the US my doc said that many women lose their periods while living abroad. In fact it also happened to a friend of mine. 

15 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I once went without a period for multiple months while living abroad (and I was quite happy / excited to be there!). When I got back to the US my doc said that many women lose their periods while living abroad. In fact it also happened to a friend of mine. 

Hence why I used the term generally. I wouldn't be surprised at all if her period has been thrown off by all the travel, post pregnancy hormones, breast feeding, etc. But it's just not kind to assume a person can't get pregnant because of stress because A. we don't know how stressed she truly is and B. it puts unnecessary blame on their shoulders - "You could get pregnant if only you just relaxed!". Like I said before, I truly hope they aren't experiencing infertility, but I am not going to speculate on why they are not pregnant yet.  

Just now, JesSky03 said:

Hence why I used the term generally. I wouldn't be surprised at all if her period has been thrown off by all the travel, post pregnancy hormones, breast feeding, etc. But it's just not kind to assume a person can't get pregnant because of stress because A. we don't know how stressed she truly is and B. it puts unnecessary blame on their shoulders - "You could get pregnant if only you just relaxed!". Like I said before, I truly hope they aren't experiencing infertility, but I am not going to speculate on why they are not pregnant yet.  

Oh yeah, I agree that speculating / giving advice is useless at best and potentially very hurtful. And telling a stressed out person to relax isn't particularly effective! Haha

On 12/5/2016 at 9:28 AM, goldengrove said:

I certainly hope not :my_sick: I came late to this party, and have managed not to see any footage of that infamous hand sex...thought he was a creep from the start, so I never sought anything having to do with Josh (pre-scandal), that's probably why I've been spared

The hand sex was nasty as fuck and I think its hypocritical that Boob and Jchelle permitted it. Way nastier than hand holding and front hugging.

On December 2, 2016 at 11:32 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

Holy hell. Has anyone seen the comments on the DFO's post on Jana decorating the fence? Pretty much everyone is worshipping her saying things like "It's beautiful Jana! You have such a gift for design!" and "You're so talented, you should open up your own business!" and "Beautiful job Jana. You have an amazing artistic talent." WHAT THE FU**?!?! There is 1 PATHETIC WREATH ON THE GATE. Unless she taught it how to speak Spanish, what on earth is so special about it??? Where's the talent??? If Jana told her fans to eat dirt, they'd wolf it down in a heartbeat.

:leg-humper:  :5624797b0697e_headbash:  

15327508_937232803077036_6534366359761435420_n.png

Well la-Dee-freakin-dah! I put lights and greenery on my balcony after working at my job all day. Last week I made a wreath and hung it on my door Jana has nothing on me. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I hung TWO wreaths yesterday. Do I win something? Will I be on HGTV? 

Yes, @SilverBeach you win a guest spot on HGTV's upcoming holiday decorating show! Get ready for your close up! 

My wreath I had on my house blew away in a blizzard today and I had to run after it then dig it out of my neighbor's snow pile. Take that, Jana! 

:pb_lol: 

ETA: I just realized I have a Maxhell user title now. Nice!

20 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@divadivine, your wreath is beautiful! 

I just moved all my plants inboard on the patio because of a freeze warning. Do I get a gardening show? 

Thanks! It cost me $6 to make it. Dollar Tree ornaments and a foam ring, baby! And lots of hot glue. Yes, you get a gardening show! 

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My wreath I had on my house blew away in a blizzard today and I had to run after it then dig it out of my neighbor's snow pile. Take that, Jana! 

:pb_lol: 

ETA: I just realized I have a Maxhell user title now. Nice!

Harley, you will get your own show on the FYI channel... Running After Decorations and Surviving a Struggle with a Blizzard While Building A Tiny House and Marrying a Stranger. Smash hit! 

A couple of years ago, I bought a lovely wreath of white roses on clearance at Target. Hung it on my front door and went about my day.

Later, I open the front door to get mail and the roses are scattered everywhere! The glue holding them on the wreath form melted. The door has an unobstructed southern view and it gets very hot until the sun rotates west.

I expected better from Smith and Hawken.

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

The hand sex was nasty as fuck and I think its hypocritical that Boob and Jchelle permitted it. Way nastier than hand holding and front hugging.

OK, I give up. I have never seen the "hand sex"...can you direct me where to find it?

23 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

OK, I give up. I have never seen the "hand sex"...can you direct me where to find it?

It was in every episode Anna and Josh appeared in while they were engaged. Lots of overwrought rubbing, less affectionate than lascivious, on Joshely's part. I watched back then and got so sick of it. It was obvious he was substituting all that hand rubbing for actual sex.

Oh ok....I thought it was a single episode that stood out. Guess I don't need to see it. Can't bring myself to go back and watch HIM. Thanks for the answer.

I never want to see hand sex again that was soooo bad. i feel like only the Dullards got close to that afterwards . 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived