IGNORED

Joe 'n' Carlin Sittin' in a Tree?

sophrosyne

Someone mentioned that the Bates IG users are no longer following Ashley on IG.  IDK if that means anything, but I am really ready for these people to bust out some news.  They have gotten big time boring.  

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jenirishdancer said:

There has to be some sort of courtship announcement coming from the bates and or duggars soon! It has been too long! Maybe joe and carlin maybe others but something!

Jim Bob and his ego?

10 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Jim Bob and his ego?

A very successful courtship I must say :P

3 hours ago, Jenirishdancer said:

There has to be some sort of courtship announcement coming from the bates and or duggars soon! It has been too long! Maybe joe and carlin maybe others but something!

Jana or Jinger and Adam Smith?

http://duggars.tumblr.com/post/140309952305/dinner-with-friends-source-duggar-family-fb#post-notes

http://duggars.tumblr.com/post/140355473445/who-is-in-the-background-of-the-picture-you-posted#post-notes

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Unless a courtship will be announced on Counting On, I think the Bates are the next to announce.  Nathan and Ashley (NYC girl).

Oh yeah I forgot about Ashley! Good one!

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Nice catch, Kira!  Interesting'

4 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Someone mentioned that the Bates IG users are no longer following Ashley on IG.  IDK if that means anything, but I am really ready for these people to bust out some news.  They have gotten big time boring.  

I've had a feeling lately that things may be over for those two.  If they were still together it would have been announced by now. Back in November the Batesfam.blog said they got confirmation from the family that a boy (not Lawson) was courting.  I can't find that post any more.  

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I've had a feeling lately that things may be over for those two.  If they were still together it would have been announced by now. Back in November the Batesfam.blog said they got confirmation from the family that a boy (not Lawson) was courting.  I can't find that post any more.  

I doubt that Nathan and Ashley broke up, but are good at being quiet or really not frequent internet posters or it could be do to the show. Why? (1) who sends their fundie daughter halfway across the US til New Years to say later 'hey, this is not working out,' (2) parents choose a wedding board around the time of daughter's travel, (3) the Bates were in NYC multiple times to include prior to Ashley being in AR, (4) I can see a quit after a month or maybe three months but nearly a year of "hanging out," and (5) confirmation of touching with Nate's arm around Ashley.  *go ahead and call the paddy-wagon; clearly I don't have a life*

15 hours ago, Kira said:

The second page you linked says Austin Smith, not Adam. Not a big deal just wandered who they are? Is the Smith family fundie royalty or at least well known? Sorry if I'm asking a question that has been answered somewhere else!

Is it possible she's confusing him with Austin Forsyth? We've discussed that guy as a courtship prospect before, and it kind of looks like it might be him. I think he has a buddy named Logan Smith, too. Austin's instagram is Austin4Site, but it's private. He happens to be one of the few accounts that the 'duggarfam' instagram follows.

Edit: Logan Smith's public instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/loganflying4jesus/ I don't know anything about him other than what I mentioned above, and that he seems to hang out with the Duggars and their pals all the time. He went to ALERT, too. He looks more like the guy in the picture than does Austin. He seems to be a Duggar disciple so I'm not sure how much can be read into him having dinner with them.

Can anyone tell me why it seems like the bates are better at marrying off/ matching up their kids than the duggars?

The duggars are way behind in marrying off their kids IMHO

3 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Can anyone tell me why it seems like the bates are better at marrying off/ matching up their kids than the duggars?

Without writing a research paper and providing sources, the Duggars are more strict in their dating practices than the Bates. Yes, they are "cut from the same cloth" but they have lax in their courtship process because (1) they realize their children aren't robot and (2) they respect their differences and create an atmosphere that is conductive to exploration. Now, they Bates child may choose what they want in their courtship provided it is not sex and the Duggars hahahahaha. 

Can I say that I like Tori and Carlin pairing? The spot they did when they wanted to join date night with Michael and Brandon, and they were willing to get dates. Cute. Have a Duggar girl say that? Whatever camp that ATI has for girls, she will be on the next plane.

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Without writing a research paper and providing sources, the Duggars are more strict in their dating practices than the Bates. Yes, they are "cut from the same cloth" but they have lax in their courtship process because (1) they realize their children aren't robot and (2) they respect their differences and create an atmosphere that is conductive to exploration. Now, they Bates child may choose what they want in their courtship provided it is not sex and the Duggars hahahahaha. 

Can I say that I like Tori and Carlin pairing? The spot they did when they wanted to join date night with Michael and Brandon, and they were willing to get dates. Cute. Have a Duggar girl say that? Whatever camp that ATI has for girls, she will be on the next plane.

JimBob: HAHAH thats so funny Jinger, what's even funnier is how fast I just purchased this plane ticket for Journey to the Heart, Jesus is the only boyfriend you need! Now get in the damn prayer closet and think about what you said. :my_smile: Keep sweet

Honestly, I imagine having JB and M as in-laws and TLC in your face all the time might not be all that appealing to some.

Gil also doesn't feel the need to hump his wife in public while chaperoning dates. At least, I don't think so.

4 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Probably also a bit do do with the $$$ - JB has truckloads and Gil does not.

6 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Because the married Bates couples get to live their own lives (2/4 out of state) and don't rely on Jim Bob's purse strings to provide for their quiver.

4 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Because the married Bates couples get to live their own lives (2/4 out of state) and don't rely on Jim Bob's purse strings to provide for their quiver.

Ugh this is so frustrating to me still. He could marry off Jana, Jinger, and (in a few years) Joy to men with good jobs  who he know will provide for them. Does he want Duggar disciples like Dejerk and Boob jr.? Even then there are boys who probably are duggar disciples like that boy spotted in the 'family dinner/anna's pregs' picture that JB could marry the girls to. I do not understand :? I know it's terrible to want to the girls to be saddle and hitched to some fundy boy but I feel like marriage is the only way out. 

7 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

1 the Bates seem to follow the more "leave and cleave" policy.  Gill realizes there is no way he can support hundreds of kids, and seems to have no desire too.  He strikes me as a man who will be VERY happy to be an empty nester long before the last kids are gone. There is also the fact that JB is a ego-maniacal control freak. He wants all kids and spouses under his thumb for HIS glory.  He strikes me very much as a Jim Jones cult leader extraordinaire, and won't hesitates to kill himself and his family if anyone dares to breach his control. 

IMO Jana would be well suited for someone who works for ATI (a Brandon type, please not TFDW).  But Michael and Prissy had to move far away for their new life as ATI wives and I don't see Boob letting Jana (or Jinger) do so.

Joy, I honestly see marrying into the Bates family.  Either Lawson or Trace.

The Bates have married off 4 kids and a possible courtship.  The Duggars have 3 married children and one failed courtship. I'm still predicting a Duggar courtship announcement before their new series premieres.

18 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

IMO Jana would be well suited for someone who works for ATI (a Brandon type, please not TFDW).  But Michael and Prissy had to move far away for their new life as ATI wives and I don't see Boob letting Jana (or Jinger) do so.

Joy, I honestly see marrying into the Bates family.  Either Lawson or Trace.

Jill moved out of the country. Josh moved to D.C. Why wouldn't JB allow Jana and Jinger to move away? The Duggars have said they know some of their kids will live in different states or countries after marriage.

3 minutes ago, Kira said:

The Bates have married off 4 kids and a possible courtship.  The Duggars have 3 married children and one failed courtship. I'm still predicting a Duggar courtship announcement before their new series premieres.

Jill moved out of the country. Josh moved to D.C. Why wouldn't JB allow Jana and Jinger to move away? The Duggars have said they know some of their kids will live in different states or countries after marriage.

And look what the ebil D.C. did to Joshy, this is why you must never live away from the compound! Jill and Derick are  'missionaries' and will be moving back to Tontitown. I think JB not wanting his precious treasures moving away from him is a very good theory. I will always remember that squicky feeling I got when JB said they bought so much land so the kids could build houses next to theirs.... :my_sick:

58 minutes ago, Kira said:

Joshley has the almighty penis and he's allowed to do what he wants.   Prior to leaving the country, Jill was given the McMansion by JB and probably lives there on her trips home.  We also don't know how long they'll be out of the country (I predict before the arrival of #2).  

The fact that the McMansion sits empty while the Dillards are overseas instead of housing Anna and the M kids tells me that it is not permanent.  

Anna and the M kids had their own house near the commune. They moved out and sold the house after Josh went to rehab, if I recall correctly. It looked pretty nice too, there are pictures on TFDW's website. 

8 hours ago, Kira said:

The Bates have married off 4 kids and a possible courtship.  The Duggars have 3 married children and one failed courtship. I'm still predicting a Duggar courtship announcement before their new series 

Actually, it's a failed courtship for the bates, a failed courtship for the duggars, and a failed engagement in joshly's part (the holt girl the Police récords talk about)

On 3/3/2016 at 9:55 AM, sunshine said:

I doubt that Nathan and Ashley broke up, but are good at being quiet or really not frequent internet posters or it could be do to the show. Why? (1) who sends their fundie daughter halfway across the US til New Years to say later 'hey, this is not working out,' (2) parents choose a wedding board around the time of daughter's travel, (3) the Bates were in NYC multiple times to include prior to Ashley being in AR, (4) I can see a quit after a month or maybe three months but nearly a year of "hanging out," and (5) confirmation of touching with Nate's arm around Ashley.  *go ahead and call the paddy-wagon; clearly I don't have a life*

I can see where you're coming from.  The reason I think it's over is because we haven't seen them together since New Years and this post from the BatesFam.blog is no longer on their site:

Monday, November 23, 2015

Possible courtship update!

Back in October, we posted Possible courtship on our blog and we wanted to give you all an update! We always want to give the family the chance to give the announcement but we can tell you that it's one of the boys and it's not Lawson! 

We hope to share with you it soon! 

I know it's flimsy evidence but I think it means something.  If it is over they're probably just going to pretend like it never happened.  Who knows, they may surprise us with an engagement announcement at the end of this season.

Archived