IGNORED

Hobby Lobby has a special 4th of July message for you.

Glass Cowcatcher

Dear Hobby Lobby,

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-Treaty of Tripoly, article 11 John Adams

Sincerely,

Someone who actually knows their history.

How about the Constitution, Article VI, paragraph 3: "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

No means no.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Friday night, my husband and I went to a local taqueria to eat. As we drove home after dinner we passed by the local Hobby Lobby. He said he knew a guy who worked in management at Hobby Lobby and they were just treated horribly. I already knew that Hobby Lobby made its employees work on Sunday to do inventory and re-stock the shelves. So much for being closed on Sunday so that their employees could have time off! The hypocrisy, it burns!

Btw, my husband a fairly devout Xtian and even he has no use for HL.

I wrote them saying something to the effect that "I guess you don't want my atheist dollars" . I got this response:

That reply they sent is soooo rude!

I looove chik-fil-a. I ate there until about a year or so ago when they started spouting off at the mouth about gays. It broke my heart.

I always liked going to Chick-fil-A because the service was excellent. It figures my town would finally get one right when I find out their unsavory political side.

I don't really care much for Hobby Lobby. All the religious stuff aside. I'm Catholic and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think the other craft stores in Indianapolis (Michaels and Joann) seem to have a much better selection. Hobby Lobby seems like the "Wal-Mart" of craft supply stores here. Nothing wrong with Wal-Mart, but the quality of products you get at Michaels and Joann is just much better (in my opinion). I'm super excited because the Joann in my neighborhood is moving into a larger space and will have a bigger selection. Really no need to go to Hobby Lobby and give my Catholic $$$ to people who think I worship Saints.

Ugh. I wish their house-brand acrylic yarn wasn't pretty much the best acrylic out there. I will say that I do my best to only get that yarn there and only when I specifically need it.

Every time you go set aside a few bucks and when you get $25 (or whatever), make a donation to PP (or charity of your choice).

Speaking of Chick-fil-A, is this billboard for real?

tumblr_m6lkmnEOPx1qzbjjjo1_500.jpg

Has to be snark based on the spelling.

I am a Pagan and I shop at Hobby Lobby for ritual supplies or things used for worship and spells.

They are the only craft store on town in my defense. I will try to find other places

I wrote them saying something to the effect that "I guess you don't want my atheist dollars" . I got this response:

Their response to you is floating somewhere between rude and hilarious. I have to wonder if they intentionally sent that to be rude? Or more than likely they just have an auto-mailer?

Dear Hobby Lobby,

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-Treaty of Tripoly, article 11 John Adams

Sincerely,

Someone who actually knows their history.

Only they'll tell you that you don't really know history, just liberal propaganda. :roll:

Well, I was going to submit a comment, but I hit send before I even wrote my name. I'm busy petting my dog who's afraid of storms and sitting right at my feet. Maybe later.

I sent a comment. They responded, but I never read responses from companies after I send them negative feedback. Really, they aren't going to say anything satisfying.

I sent a comment. They responded, but I never read responses from companies after I send them negative feedback. Really, they aren't going to say anything satisfying.

I'm sure it's the same canned response that teddybear got.

I've only been in a Hobby Lobby once. I graduated from high school in 2003. A couple of months before my graduation, my parents and I were visiting relatives in a city that had a Hobby Lobby store. My aunt suggested Hobby Lobby to buy party decorations. We went and bought a few things. I remember the store being kind of dirty. There are few Hobby Lobby stores in the city that I currently live in, but I've never gone to them and I probably won't ever go to them.

Every time you go set aside a few bucks and when you get $25 (or whatever), make a donation to PP (or charity of your choice).

I love that idea!

Luckily I'm all stocked up and no babies due in the future so I'm using the good yarn for a while. But heck, I'll donate an equal amount to what I spend. :-)

Has to be snark based on the spelling.

It's snark but the spelling isn't proof of snark. Chick-fil-A's signs are written as though the cows made them, so the spelling is always goofy, like LOLcats.

I am a Pagan and I shop at Hobby Lobby for ritual supplies or things used for worship and spells.

I personally think that this is MAGNIFICENT, and urge you to continue doing so.

I personally think that this is MAGNIFICENT, and urge you to continue doing so.

Why not comment about this to the management? :mrgreen:

Archived