IGNORED

Miss Raquel is giving up all her dreams

formergothardite

A man that i went to church with died of a massive heart attack after a 4 hour budget meeting. I always figured if your last act on earth is voting on the budget, you get a ticket right to heaven...

Forgot I wasn't on Facebook and tried to click "Like." :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happened sometime last week.

Oh I went and read about it. Sounds like she wasn't comfortable with the dance audition maybe she was asked to do some kind of dancing that she considered too suggestive or something.

Hey, Socrates kind of died heroically, semi-peacefully, and in oldish age. I mean, he was made to commit suicide by drinking poison, but he got to sit around with his disciples while doing so, which made it relatively peaceful, and it was also kind of heroic because he was a badass philosopher, and he also wasn't young...

I'm clutching at straws here. Miss Raquel wants to be Socrates. Great.

But wasn't the kind of poison he was forced to drink supposed to cause a highly painful death? I had a teacher who talked about that once. Though I guess Socrates could have convinced himself through rhetoric that pain is actually a good thing. Since pain informs the mind about the state of the body, it is really nothing more than the tickle of enlightenment!

But wasn't the kind of poison he was forced to drink supposed to cause a highly painful death? I had a teacher who talked about that once. Though I guess Socrates could have convinced himself through rhetoric that pain is actually a good thing. Since pain informs the mind about the state of the body, it is really nothing more than the tickle of enlightenment!

I heard that the death was supposed to be unpleasant and painful and induce lots of vomiting, but Socrates's fans wrote that he calmly died of the poison to make him look like a badass.

As a Rhetorical Theory BA, I found this lulz! :D

Archived