IGNORED

No Longer Quivering moved to patheos.com?

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

Sorry if I missed an earlier discussion on this - I did search though...

I noticed today that NLQ has moved over to become one of the blogs hosted by patheos.com

patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2012/05/please-bookmark-our-new-web-address/

Is it still run by Vyckie Garrison? Is anyone here still a member over there? :)

Edited to remove hotlink and deal with a riffle.

It looks like it's run by Vyckie and Calulu now. Calulu does the posting on the blog, anyway.

It kind of sucks that they got rid of the forum in favor of blog comments. I used to lurk in the forum, and there were some interesting discussions there. Not so much now. The blog articles are really interesting, though, and it's a lot less cluttered than the original site.

Guest Anonymous

I haven't visited for a while. I found both the blog and forum had become very cliquey and conversations that weren't Vyckie-approved were closed down very quickly. It is a shame... somebody posted a link to the previous NLQ forum on another thread and it reminded me of all the good people and interesting debates that took place at one time.

Presumably patheos will now regulate the adverts and siphon off any income from the new blog? So it seems as though Vyckie has now abandoned the idea of generating income from it, for now. The whole tone of the new blog seems to be less Vyckie-centric too.

I found FJ through a reference on NLQ forums and never went back. I found most of the blog entries too short and a lot of the time i was left wondering so what? And it was too long between follow up posts from different stories that I would lose interest and get them confused. Plus it was way to cliquey.

I haven't visited for a while. I found both the blog and forum had become very cliquey and conversations that weren't Vyckie-approved were closed down very quickly. It is a shame... somebody posted a link to the previous NLQ forum on another thread and it reminded me of all the good people and interesting debates that took place at one time.

Presumably patheos will now regulate the adverts and siphon off any income from the new blog? So it seems as though Vyckie has now abandoned the idea of generating income from it, for now. The whole tone of the new blog seems to be less Vyckie-centric too.

I haven't been there in ages. The site design was so cluttered and I was never a fan of Vyckie's writing style.

They've also eaten up Love, Joy, Feminism and Friendly Atheist.

Presumably patheos will now regulate the adverts and siphon off any income from the new blog? So it seems as though Vyckie has now abandoned the idea of generating income from it, for now.

Patheos pays bloggers to use their site. For someone just using adwords and not selling ads or working affiliate links like crazy, it is probably more profitable. They also seem to be recruiting new bloggers pretty steadily and trying to become the "go to" spot for all religious blogs online

Archived