IGNORED

Funny but sad - man who can't take rejection

2xx1xy1JD

Rejection is very unkind in my culture, but I wanted to give her another chance. After three bourbon drinks, I drove to her office and again presented her with the carrots. She yelled and cursed that she didn’t want to see me again.

This guy's problems go way beyond striking out with the ladies.

Heh. Yeah this guy is clueless. Hint: If you want to do some interesting gift custom from your culture that the recipient isn't going to understand, you need to present the thing in person WITH the explanation of what it means. Or at least a detailed written card on it, if you're the writing type. Then she either finds that romantic or... not, but it will be significantly less of a "wtf? Am I being stalked by some weirdo?" situation...

That woman might need to consider a restraining order. If that guy is so persistent after three weeks of dating that he goes to her work and then pesters an advice columnist enough that's she's featured him twice, he might not take no for no without a court order.

drunk and a bag of carrots what a pickup line. Hopefully the idiot took his carrots and went home. 75 and still clueless.

I s'pose he thinks she just doesn't appreciate a good root...

Also, "worn but acceptable"?? Told her she "looked better than usual"...?!

I like how he starts off by saying she was worn but acceptable. Ah...true love.

And ends with "She was probably a disgraceful woman, but I might love her too". If he actually loved her, I highly doubt he'd be telling random advice columnists she was "disgraceful".

I can't help to wonder if this is a Poe. Bag of carrots, drinking bourbon, looking "worn but acceptable" sounds like something Borat would look for in a wife, in addition to plow skills.

However, it seems as if the columnist thought it was a Poe too and determined that it was perhaps not as it seems she did some research into the bag of carrots. So maybe it's not a Poe?

I can't help to wonder if this is a Poe. Bag of carrots, drinking bourbon, looking "worn but acceptable" sounds like something Borat would look for in a wife, in addition to plow skills.

However, it seems as if the columnist thought it was a Poe too and determined that it was perhaps not as it seems she did some research into the bag of carrots. So maybe it's not a Poe?

The thought that it could be a hoax crossed my mind too. At work, though, I never cease to be amazed by people, from the client who treated court appearances like dates with her ex (she'd get dolled up, he was lookking for a restraining order), to the guy who insisted his wife was a "classic sociopath" and then asked if there was a chance that she would want to stop the divorce and reconcile.

The thought that it could be a hoax crossed my mind too. At work, though, I never cease to be amazed by people, from the client who treated court appearances like dates with her ex (she'd get dolled up, he was lookking for a restraining order), to the guy who insisted his wife was a "classic sociopath" and then asked if there was a chance that she would want to stop the divorce and reconcile.

Yeah. My office deals with the general public. Nothing surprises me anymore. It never even occurred to me this might be a Poe.

No, no, no, man--you want to give her a bag of carats! CARATS!!!

No, no, no, man--you want to give her a bag of carats! CARATS!!!

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Archived