IGNORED

You win, 40k moms.

ThisOlGirl

The Good Christian Bitches over at 40k moms are having a group orgasm over the fact that 'Good Christian BitchesBelles' was canceled. Yes, 40K Moms, you are victorious. We can never repay you for what you've done to save all those heathen souls. I mean, according to the Christian Post, it was because of 40K Moms' relentless harassment of advertisers that finally made ABC pull the show:

ABC has canceled its freshman series with the controversial title "GCB," which some believed mocked Christians, as it failed to attract enough viewership.

The series, which was changed from the original title "Good Christian Bitches" to "Good Christian Belles" and finally to "GCB," was only able to attract an average of 5.9 million viewers and 1.9 ratings in the adults 18-to-49 demographic.

See? It was totes because of 40K moms and their boycotting of advertisers, y'all!

edited to put a comma in its' rightful place.

Yes, this was all about Jesus winning, and not it getting cancelled because the main actress was pretty wooden and the writing inconsistent. I'm surprised they aren't cheering that Pan Am has been cancelled. I mean, come on, women WORKING?!?

The comments about suggesting shows they should "go after" next give me chills.

Yeah, that show had a LOT of problems that had nothing to do with offending people. Like GeoBQn said, the lead can't act her way out of a paper bag, the character herself was not as relatable or sympathetic as they wanted us to think, and the over-the-topness of it all was grating as hell.

(Also, I stopped watching because I have a visceral reaction to Kristin Chenoweth. I just find her so irritating in revolting in everything she does. But that's just my nuttiness.)

(Also, I stopped watching because I have a visceral reaction to Kristin Chenoweth. I just find her so irritating in revolting in everything she does. But that's just my nuttiness.)

You are not alone in this.

If the 40k Moms really want to impress me, they'll do something about "Whitney."

She looks almost exactly like someone I used to know who was one of the biggest assholes I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. So I cringe every time I see her for that reason alone, which is all on me. I don't know much about her, tbh.

That said, I did kind of enjoy the show just because it was so cheesy and over the top. Much in the same way I also enjoy Walker: Texas Ranger, even though Chuck Norris really is a huge bigoted jackass.

But yeah, you go 40K Moms. Obviously you winz. :roll:

She looks almost exactly like someone I used to know who was one of the biggest assholes I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. So I cringe every time I see her for that reason alone, which is all on me. I don't know much about her, tbh.

That said, I did kind of enjoy the show just because it was so cheesy and over the top. Much in the same way I also enjoy Walker: Texas Ranger, even though Chuck Norris really is a huge bigoted jackass.

But yeah, you go 40K Moms. Obviously you winz. :roll:

Never watched the show, but was often tempted because I'm a huge Kristin Chenoweth fan. I think she's brilliant. She's one of my favorite performers and I joke that when they make the movie of my life I want her to play me. We're both 4'11" and have sort of annoying voices. (Granted I'm not blond and I need to lose 30 pounds and while I do sing, I can't sing nearly as well.) She is an amazing singer and was breathtaing as Galinda in "Wicked".

Maybe this show wasn't the right vehicle for her? She has a voice and presence that is meant for opera and musical theater?

Never watched the show, but was often tempted because I'm a huge Kristin Chenoweth fan. I think she's brilliant. She's one of my favorite performers and I joke that when they make the movie of my life I want her to play me. We're both 4'11" and have sort of annoying voices. (Granted I'm not blond and I need to lose 30 pounds and while I do sing, I can't sing nearly as well.) She is an amazing singer and was breathtaing as Galinda in "Wicked".

Maybe this show wasn't the right vehicle for her? She has a voice and presence that is meant for opera and musical theater?

She did some singing on the show, so maybe you might want to check it out. I did enjoy watching her on the show, despite my issues. She was perfectly catty. Thanks for the info. Wicked is one of those things I've been meaning to check into for a while but I haven't gotten around to. I loved the book.

I figured the 40 k moms would claim this as a victory. I'm pissed that GCB got canned. It wasn't the best show, but it could have improved. The show never mocked Christianity as a whole. I'm reading through some of the comments on the FB page and some of those women are idiots about the entertainment industry works. One of them suggested going after Modern Family. OMM, AFA, PTC, and a few other groups have been after MF since it started. MF is too powerful to be brought down. The show gets good ratings and has a lot of support from its audience and television critics. Advertisers love the show for demographics which help the make money.

Here some suggests going after Smash

Donna Good job, OMM! Now how about going after "Smash". I was really enjoying the music of the first few episodes, but had to quite watching when they showed a scene with to men who were portrayed as having just engaged in sex.

Smash has already been renewed for a second season. The show wasn't a huge hit like NBC expected it to be. But so far the show has steady viewership of about 6 million people and most viewers probably could care less about the Tom character and his boyfriend. The viewers at this point care more about the main storylines.

Candy Thank God a victory win !!! We had our TV cut off a month ago & I've never been happier so much garbage & false news. Went with Netflix only & watch true documentaries , nutrition & ect.! Garbage in , Garbage out !

This comment pisses me off. This woman isn't watching any TV over the air or on cable, but yet she thinks OMM should control what everyone else watches on broadcast or cable TV. She is no longer watching anything on broadcast or cable TV, she shouldn't have been concerned abut GCB.

I'm super pissed 40k moms is taking credit for this. (I'm also surprised ABC canned this and renewed Scandal when they had similar ratings-but ABC seems to love the shit that Shonda Rhimes comes up with).

I mean....40k taking credit for this is like me taking credit for the sun rising tomorrow because I prayed to CooCooCaChu.

I'm also a huge Kristen Chenoweth fan. I'd love to have seen her in Wicked. She's a Christian that just so happens to be strongly in favor of gay rights.

edited for riffle

Kristen Chenoweth is a great stage actress, where over-the-top is necessary because those way in the back need to understand what's going on from a distance.

I saw an episode of Pan Am, and tried watching another, but it felt underdeveloped and like it was going nowhere. Shows don't always need a linear plot line, but they need some sort of plot other than a very general one that doesn't let you get to really know the characters other than in the absolute most superficial sense of it.

Yes, this was all about Jesus winning, and not it getting cancelled because the main actress was pretty wooden and the writing inconsistent. I'm surprised they aren't cheering that Pan Am has been cancelled. I mean, come on, women WORKING?!?

The comments about suggesting shows they should "go after" next give me chills.

Ah but Pan Am was a good Christian show because the women worked in serving others and lost their job if they married...

I already emailed ABC and told them thanks, but no thanks. Last year I promised myself that I will NEVER, ever start watching new shows until they've been on the air for at least a couple of years. No need to get invested only to have them pull the plug.

Jericho was the first show I got ticked about that started me on that kick of not supporting new program. I broke the rule and took a chance on Pan Am (Mom was a flight attendant for American in '67), Once Upon a Time, and GCB. 2 of the three are gone, so sorry ABC....sayanara.

And it never made fun of Christianity. Just the 40K Moms.

DONE!!!! And it's been nice having more and more free time....

40K Moms GCB was a bad show, so you taking credit for it being cancelled is a bunch of woohaw.

Now Pan Am getting cancelled is a big to me, it was my alterego, I wanted to be a Flight Attendant for Pan Am so bad except I was too short, I lied on my application got an interview and then they measured me, my dream was dashed. Fear not I did have an adventure in my early 20's I joined the Peace Corp. That is want your early 20's for adventure see the world and have fun.

I loved Pan Am and will miss that show. GCB and Scandal - meh. Wasn't impressed with either one. If those women over at 40K had a clue they would realize that the GCB lasted as long as it did BECAUSE of the publicity they provided. Annie Potts was the best part of the show.

I too just can't handle Kristin Chenowith. I've downloaded other versions of Wicked so I don't have to hear her. I do enjoy her drunk tweets.

I tried to like GCB, I really did. I happen to love Kristin Chenowith and Annie Potts, but the show? blech! The poster who said it would have made an ok 1/2 hour sit com was right. It just felt padded. Comedy is best when kept short. And that is not a reference to Kristin's height!

Another show I hate despite the great cast is "Hot in Cleveland".

Hmm - any other shows with great casts that you can't stand?

I heard recently that JC Penney has had major drops in sales lately, huge losses, stock declines, etc. This is mostly due to poor marketing and the fact that customers are not buying into their new pricing strategy. I'm just waiting for the Moms to blame it on Ellen and take credit for the decline of JCP as well :roll:

40K Moms GCB was a bad show, so you taking credit for it being cancelled is a bunch of woohaw.

Now Pan Am getting cancelled is a big to me, it was my alterego, I wanted to be a Flight Attendant for Pan Am so bad except I was too short, I lied on my application got an interview and then they measured me, my dream was dashed. Fear not I did have an adventure in my early 20's I joined the Peace Corp. That is want your early 20's for adventure see the world and have fun.

My older sister applied and interviewed for TWA back in 1969 and also was turned down due to her 5'1" height. She was crushed and there went her dreams forever.

I heard recently that JC Penney has had major drops in sales lately, huge losses, stock declines, etc. This is mostly due to poor marketing and the fact that customers are not buying into their new pricing strategy. I'm just waiting for the Moms to blame it on Ellen and take credit for the decline of JCP as well :roll:

I can see them trying to take credit for that. But at some point, JCP's sales will go up later on. I do laugh at some of the 40 K Moms "victories". They claimed that The Playboy Club got canned because of them. They ignored the fact that it bad ratings and was hated by the critics. They got Chuck E. Cheese to pull ads from Pretty Little Liars and they made a huge deal out of that. It didn't matter to them, other advertisers stuck with ABC Family and PLL. They have targeted that a show a few times and they don't realize that cable networks view ratings different than broadcast networks. PLL has a loyal fan base because it is based on a book series. They also bragged about getting an advertiser to pull from Teen Nick's reairings of Degrassi:TNG and that didn't matter at all.

I already emailed ABC and told them thanks, but no thanks. Last year I promised myself that I will NEVER, ever start watching new shows until they've been on the air for at least a couple of years. No need to get invested only to have them pull the plug.

Jericho was the first show I got ticked about that started me on that kick of not supporting new program. I broke the rule and took a chance on Pan Am (Mom was a flight attendant for American in '67), Once Upon a Time, and GCB. 2 of the three are gone, so sorry ABC....sayanara.

And it never made fun of Christianity. Just the 40K Moms.

DONE!!!! And it's been nice having more and more free time....

You should totally watch Revenge and Scandal. I'm shocked that 40k Moms haven't gone after Scandal.... there was a very racy sex scene one or two episodes back between the President and Olivia. (If you don't watch it, he's white and she's AA -- the same woman who played Ray Charles's wife in Ray. I so love her.) And by racy, I mean that my husband looked at me and said it felt like it should be on Skinamax. I think it's wonderful that they're showing people of different races being in love, but 40k moms seem like they would be racist assholes, not just bigots. It's in a 10pm time slot (Eastern) so maybe that's why they've left it alone? The first couple of episodes were just okay, but I am totally hooked and it's one of my favorite shows now.

And speaking of ABC, if you missed the Grey's season finale last night:

Lexi Died.

edited for clarity.

There have been some scenes on Revenge that 40 K moms would hate. I don't think 40 K moms is aware of some of the content of certain shows. They tend to complain more about shows that have controversy set up in the plot or title like The Playboy Club, GCB, Modern Family, Glee, Don't Trust The B, etc.

Yeah, that show had a LOT of problems that had nothing to do with offending people. Like GeoBQn said, the lead can't act her way out of a paper bag, the character herself was not as relatable or sympathetic as they wanted us to think, and the over-the-topness of it all was grating as hell.
Yeah, I was really disappointed. So much potential for a wickedly funny show, and it just fell flat. I watched two episodes, hoping it would deliver, and failed to make it through either one.

OMG YOU TOO?! I don't know what it is about her, but holy cow, does she make my gorge rise.

Archived