IGNORED

Why the Maxwells have church in a nursing home...

Guest purposing

truly are many, many elderly people in homes who are castoffs

Yes, and aside from those who have outlived their families (very sad) there are those who treated their families like crap. Get the hint, Steve?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just read this thread. The thought that popped into my head, when I first read the subject was:

Because Steve thinks it makes them closer to his most beloved - Death!

:(

Guest Anonymous
Yep. Supposedly the youth groups are too invested in such "twaddle" - if your kid "needs" to have the Bible presented with a spoonful of sugar like the Veggie Tales or heaven forbid games, how will they ever learn to stomach the bitter medicine that is the plain Bible and sermon all on its own?

:roll:

Personally it seems not all that different from the people who forbid giving yourself a reward at the end of a day of hard work, say, "if I finish all these tasks by 5 PM we can go out to the movies" or whatever it is, because goodness, that means you only care about the movies, not the intrinsic value of the hard work, how will you ever do hard work when there is no reward, then? Never mind that the work is done, either way, and we do work because it needs to be done, right? Oh no, I suppose we shouldn't, we should be doing work because it's mortifying the flesh, or similar...

And what do they call a paycheck, if not a reward?

When I was in my early twenties, I worked as a CNA in a nursing home. My area is churchy enough that there would be services nearly every day of the week for our residents. One of the churches that came of of the super-fundie persuasion-the women weren't even allowed to cut their hair. I had gone for my break and was going to get a snack from the vending machine when one of my residents waved me over. He motioned for me to come closer and whispered "Get me the hell away from these weirdos". I gladly obliged.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the Maxwells have church at the nursing home because these poor people can't run away from them.

Archived