IGNORED

40K Moms Bitch About JCP catalog That Features Lesbian...

lilwriter85

For anyone who hasn't already shopped at JCP-

Right now, I really think they have the best quality clothing (and probably some other things, too, like sheets, etc) at their price point. Other stores with similarly priced clothing seem to have poorer quality for the price. So I don't think you will be disappointed in the merchandise.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. I usually don't shop at the local JCPs because their junior's clothes don't fit me well (assuming they even have my size) but I'm sure I'll find something that fits in there, just to spite the 40k Moms.

Of course, 40K Moms is just pissed off that JCP hasn't stocked corsets and bloomers in a very long time, if ever.

I think all FJers should e-mail JCP and thank them for featuring members of the LGBTQ community!

Yep. I did so as soon as I saw the first post in this thread. Maybe we can outnumber the naysayers.

A friend of mine e-mailed JCP thanking them and had a return thank you back within the same day . :clap:

I am a regular at JCP,but I shop only jewelry and clearance,rarely in between.

For anyone who hasn't already shopped at JCP-

Right now, I really think they have the best quality clothing (and probably some other things, too, like sheets, etc) at their price point. Other stores with similarly priced clothing seem to have poorer quality for the price. So I don't think you will be disappointed in the merchandise.

QFT. I used to buy basic t shirts at Target, but the past couple of years I haven't been happy with their quality. I like my t shirts to have fairly sturdy, thick fabric so they last more than one season, and Target's have gotten very thin. JCP's 'St John's Bay' brand t shirts are exactly right, and they come in lots of really nice styles. And my husband and son both like their polo shirts. They wear well, wash well, and last a long time.

/thus endeth my JCP commercial. :lol:

I TOTALLY agree that we should all write letters of support to JCP, and encourage our friends and neighbors to do so as well.

Also agree with the very astute conclusion that they "dropped" the previous issue because they got their asses handed to them.

I need a new dress for an upcoming wedding. I know where my first stop will be on my shopping trip.

I did get a great pair of skinny jeans at JC Penney a few months ago - I may have to get them in every color.

We just blew $300 at JCP buying my husband a suit. We went there BECAUSE of this. MUA HA HA!!!

So they didn't even consider how many managers might be in full support of being inclusive of same-sex couples and so are willing to half listen to bigots and then walk away. They didn't consider that for every bigot who won't shop there anymore there are supporters or equality who will do more of their shopping there now so that JCP might see an overall increase in sales. The bigots think they have that much sway in a war they are losing.

I'm a small business owner right now and don't walk about it often. I make costumes and gowns, and I've always been welcoming of anyone, but since I've been more open about my support of gays and lesbians, my sales to drag queens has gone up. I don't have many sales to those who are "god bless you" every other sentence, but so? Aside from just a moral standpoint, from a business standpoint, it's a smart business move to be openly inclusive.

If JCP backs down to bigots, they will lose far more in sales than the bigots will be able to make up.

Exactly, how many of the fundie families we snark on can even afford to shop there?

I wrote an email as well. Go JCP!

I find their clothes a bit stodgy for my taste. But I will definitely be shopping there once the one in my area opens. Should be about a month!

If you are pissing off evil bigoted bitches, you are doing something right!

I'm not a big fan of their clothes either, but don't forget that they sell housewares and other stuff too. I was in JCP this weekend and lusted over these curtain things that were gorgeous. I have no need for curtains ATM, but I'm not sure I could have resisted otherwise.

I'm not totally sure I'm behind their new "everyday low prices" thing though. A lot of the prices I looked at were out of my budget, even if the items are quality. I'm just used to buying everything on sale, and I didn't even see any clearance racks anywhere :?

If you are pissing off evil bigoted bitches, you are doing something right!

Hear, hear!

I love JCP and just sent an email to them. I applaud any company that promotes equality instead of catering to imbeciles like "One Million" Moms and their back asswards beliefs.

These 40K moms were mad at Ellen too. Who the hell gets mad at Ellen?!

Their clothes are a bit...older for my taste, but I bought a comforter set from there a few years ago and it's garnered me complements. As far as I'm concerned JCP is full of win.

These 40K moms were mad at Ellen too. Who the hell gets mad at Ellen?!

Their clothes are a bit...older for my taste, but I bought a comforter set from there a few years ago and it's garnered me complements. As far as I'm concerned JCP is full of win.

The 40 k moms hate "ebil" lesbians like Ellen. They could care less about the content of Ellen's character. I wouldn't be surprised if they again call for a boycotts for companies or products that Ellen or even Portia may be involved in the future. Portia might be returning to TV soon. She filmed a pilot for ABC recently and if that gets picked up and is a success, it could lead to her being a spokesperson for different companies. Portia did endorsements and modeling for a few companies during the late 90's/early 00's. If she had been out of the closet back then, similar organizations to 40 k moms would have called for boycotts and they would have demanded that she be fired. Sadly, there are always going to be people that will be pissed if companies use Ellen, Portia, or any other openly gay celebrity for advertisements.

Gotta love how 40K Moms insist that "remaining neutral in the culture wars" (whaaaa?) means "back in the closet, you gays you."

Gotta love how 40K Moms insist that "remaining neutral in the culture wars" (whaaaa?) means "back in the closet, you gays you."

This. Wouldn't being neutral mean showing all sorts of families instead of just the 40K Moms' idea of family? You know, not favouring one type of family over any others? :think:

This. Wouldn't being neutral mean showing all sorts of families instead of just the 40K Moms' idea of family? You know, not favouring one type of family over any others? :think:

No, obviously, acknowledging the presence of teh ghey is promoting the "homosexual agenda." Because otherwise, we can all just pretend they don't exist!

/sarcasm

I used the email link on the 40K Moms site to send JCP a quick note of support. :dance:

(edit to fix typo)

People who belong to 40 k moms or similar groups like Parents Television Council are dumb about a lot of things. They do favor certain types of families But they never exactly come out and admit that they only like straight couples who have never been divorced who are raising their kids in Christian homes. The 40 k moms probably loathe single moms who have never been married or who are divorced. Some of the 40 k bigots probably dislike couples who adopt children who are different races than the couples. But at this point, I think they hate gay couples with families the most. If another Murphy Brown/single straight mom incident happened on TV, the 40 k moms would probably dislike it, but they might not speak out against it. Some of the 40 k moms probably hated Gilmore Girls, because the mother chose to be a single mom and the dad wasn't around much.

I just read earlier that Ryan Murphy's pilot The New Normal got picked up for series by NBC. The New Normal is going to be about a gay couple who seeks out a surrogate to help them start a family. 40 K moms will bitch about that next fall and I guarantee that they will say that TV shows need to focus on traditional families.

Some of the 40 k moms probably hated Gilmore Girls, because the mother chose to be a single mom and the dad wasn't around much.

Ha ha, I'm sure part of it was the knowledge that Lorelai could verbally bitch slap them in a heart beat.

If they want our business, then we will not be ignored!

Newsflash - they don't want your business. JCP, like many other companies in the developed world, weighed their options, and decided they are more likely to make money with an inclusive business philosophy, even if they lose business from the right-wing fringe. Economically, it makes perfect sense. The country is pretty evenly divided on the issue of same sex marriage, but supports of same sex marriage and gay rights in general tend to be more educated and wealthier than the opposition. JCP is trying to reposition itself as hip and young. The last thing they want is a positive association with is fundamentalists. Positive portrayals of homosexuals in working well for JCP, having the crazy fringe flipping out is just icing on the cake. I'm sure they appreciate the extra internet traffic to their catalog.

Newsflash - they don't want your business. JCP, like many other companies in the developed world, weighed their options, and decided they are more likely to make money with an inclusive business philosophy, even if they lose business from the right-wing fringe. Economically, it makes perfect sense. The country is pretty evenly divided on the issue of same sex marriage, but supports of same sex marriage and gay rights in general tend to be more educated and wealthier than the opposition. JCP is trying to reposition itself as hip and young. The last thing they want is a positive association with is fundamentalists. Positive portrayals of homosexuals in working well for JCP, having the crazy fringe flipping out is just icing on the cake. I'm sure they appreciate the extra internet traffic to their catalog.

QFT.

It's a friday night and the kids are asleep. I just fired off my email to the email address that OMM graciously provided.

That whole letter makes my stomach turn. I have a 5 year old son who is starting Kindergarten in August (single mom...not a "traditional family" either...will they be going after us next?), guess I know where I'll be buying his school clothes.

They are already are going after us.

Archived