IGNORED

Crazy Article On No Greater Joy

debrand

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/rats/

Most articles on the Pearls' site are crazy, but this one seems deranged to me. I don't know how to separate out the worst of the craziness because it is all nuts.

The title of the article by Debi Pearl is Rats. I'm not going to analyze it but I will quote a few of the comments.

I went down into the hole in which they live, breed, fight, exist. I had been there before, not to this particular hole but holes so similar they all run together in my mind. A quick check told me the child would be born before morning. The business of the moment caught and held my attention until I could see the head crowning. For an instant time stood still and I was forcefully reminded of eternity. A sob rushed over me before I could get control; another soul was breaking forth into eternity. Another living being to spend eternity honoring the God of all or suffering in a burning hell. As the impact hit me, my soul cried within, a cry that has echoed down through time as Job, Jeremiah, and Matthew proclaimed, each in his own way, “It had been good for that man if he had not been born.†What chance had he of knowing eternal things when all around the rats that call themselves humanity breed, fight and die?

Perhaps it is my age that causes me to ponder and then rejoice or weep. When someone comes rejoicing with the news the so and so family just had their tenth child I can only pretend I don’t see a sad future. My mind registers the oldest rebellious daughter who is destined for the hole. I wonder if I will be helping her with her first welfare baby. The second child is a son, overweight and moody. What kind of dad will he make? What kind of sons will he raise? The third, who knows which way she will go, she hasn’t reached the age of decision yet. The three small children are untrained and are sadly lacking self-discipline, just like their older counterparts. How many families are right where this family is, right now? More than I care to acknowledge. Daddy is always gone, trying to make a living, Mom is always sick or tired, so the children are left to themselves

If at two years old they are pitching fits, if at seven years old they quietly refuse to obey a simply command, then at 14 years of age they will be like the rats, living to gratify their lust.

Quote:

Perhaps it is my age that causes me to ponder and then rejoice or weep. When someone comes rejoicing with the news the so and so family just had their tenth child I can only pretend I don’t see a sad future. My mind registers the oldest rebellious daughter who is destined for the hole. I wonder if I will be helping her with her first welfare baby. The second child is a son, overweight and moody. What kind of dad will he make? What kind of sons will he raise? The third, who knows which way she will go, she hasn’t reached the age of decision yet. The three small children are untrained and are sadly lacking self-discipline, just like their older counterparts. How many families are right where this family is, right now? More than I care to acknowledge. Daddy is always gone, trying to make a living, Mom is always sick or tired, so the children are left to themselves

I bet that family loved seeing this! The hole? Really?

Perhaps if the family had fewer children Dad would not always be gone, trying to make a living, and Mom not sick or tired all the time. To quote Steve M., "Just a thought."

The Pearls have never written anything sane. But is she really comparing humans to rats? Also, why would someone have the completely untrained Debi as a midwife when she is such a judgmental bitch. It's hard to imagine her being a compassionate and supportive part of the birth when she views the patient as vermin. Smells like bullshit.

I am starting to volunteer at a local teen shelter, so I see stuff a lot worse than Debi Pearl can imagine. But they aren't fucking rats, they are real people with problems who need help. She's all judgment and no help, when these people (if they even exist) need the exact opposite.

The Pearls have never written anything sane. But is she really comparing humans to rats? Also, why would someone have the completely untrained Debi as a midwife when she is such a judgmental bitch. It's hard to imagine her being a compassionate and supportive part of the birth when she views the patient as vermin. Smells like bullshit.

I am starting to volunteer at a local teen shelter, so I see stuff a lot worse than Debi Pearl can imagine. But they aren't fucking rats, they are real people with problems who need help. She's all judgment and no help, when these people (if they even exist) need the exact opposite.

I can't imagine anyone letting Debbi Pearl be their midwife. She is a judgemental, crazy woman. I don't think that she would be sympathatic toward a person in pain.

I wonder if she has a mental disorder beyond just being a crappy person. Dehumanizing people by comparing them to rats just seems off to me.

The subject heading made me chuckle... I would have been even quicker to click on a thread titled "NORMAL article on No Greater Joy!"

Archived