IGNORED

Fundies-You're not persecuted

Sunnichick31

If you were persecuted in this country, every restaurant known to mankind wouldn't be advertising fish like crazy. If you were persecuted, the stockmarket wouldn't have been closed for Good Friday and schools wouldn't have been closed for Easter. You're not persecuted, so shut up.

If fundies were persecuted, there would be no debate over the phrases Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays because it would be dangerous to draw attention to the fact that someone practices Christianity.

The stock market was most definitely not closed in the US today. Maybe trading is suspended in some European countries? In our school district whether you get the week before or after Easter off for Spring Break changes every year, though in the South there may be more of a policy. Oh, and please do not slander our good fundies about fish during Lent. That is a heathen Catholic practice, that I am sure they would put a stop to via legislation if they could. ;)

No, they're not persecuted. They want to be, though. That's what makes them feel all righteous and shit. Being allowed to say and do whatever the hell they want, in the name of their religion, isn't enough suffering for Christ. They need to be burned at the stake so they're all noble and worthy.

Pretty damn pathetic, actually. But, when your life is a fantasy, you get to make it all up.

No one in this country (the US) dies because of their faith. No one is censored. No one is deprived of work, money, life, simply because of their faith.

Disagreement, and people with different values aren't persecution. Too bad, so sad for the drama queen fundies. They can say it all they want, but the fact remains, not one of them has a fucking clue what persecution is or means.

The stock market was most definitely not closed in the US today. Maybe trading is suspended in some European countries? In our school district whether you get the week before or after Easter off for Spring Break changes every year, though in the South there may be more of a policy. Oh, and please do not slander our good fundies about fish during Lent. That is a heathen Catholic practice, that I am sure they would put a stop to via legislation if they could. ;)

Definitely closed. I only get off days when its closed .

They know nothing about being persecuted because of their faith-try living in Soviet Union as a Jew prior to fall of communism then we can talk about being persecuted. They have a cake walk here. Quit being DRAMA QUEENS!!!!!!!!!

Definitely closed. I only get off days when its closed .

Sorry guys, my screw up. I was looking at a graph of the Dow Jones from yesterday. :oops:

No person who admits to being anything but a devoted Christian has the slightest prayer (hah!) of becoming president.

"Under God" was added to our pledge of allegiance, and everyone knows to which God we are referring. (Ditto "In God We Trust.)

My Facebook feed is filled with people singing the praises of Jesus - every. damn. day.

A family fearlessly knocked at my door at almost 9 pm a few nights ago to invite me to their church for Easter.

How any Christian can claim to be persecuted, I do not know.

No, they're not persecuted. They want to be, though. That's what makes them feel all righteous and shit. Being allowed to say and do whatever the hell they want, in the name of their religion, isn't enough suffering for Christ. They need to be burned at the stake so they're all noble and worthy.

Pretty damn pathetic, actually. But, when your life is a fantasy, you get to make it all up.

No one in this country (the US) dies because of their faith. No one is censored. No one is deprived of work, money, life, simply because of their faith.

Disagreement, and people with different values aren't persecution. Too bad, so sad for the drama queen fundies. They can say it all they want, but the fact remains, not one of them has a fucking clue what persecution is or means.

I'm not in the mood to look up sources for today's time but in the not so distant past, people did die for their religion and the fundies want us to return to that time period. 1600-1700's.

I didn't die but I easily could have as my ex-husband refused to allow me to practice my faith. If he found out that I had been reading a bible, he would beat the living shit out of me. I wouldn't that persecution like what happens else where in the world but it was abuse in the name of his faith.

When a fundie is beaten to death for his beliefs in Anycity, USA and the cops don't bother to solve his murder, then they can cry persecution.

When a fundie is fired soley for being a Christian (and by that I mean, just being Christian. Not being in in your face about it), they can cry persecution.

When a fundie is made to sit at the back of the bus just because they are Christian, they can cry persecution,

When a fundie has to use a separate entrance, hospital, water fountain, lunch counter, etc, then they can cry persecution.

When a fundie can truly say that they are discriminated against, when they are truly hated for their beliefs, when they are told they are going to hell, and have stones and mud thrown at them. When they are spit on, cursed at and have doors slammed in their faces by their own families. then they can cry persecution.

When a fundie is beaten to death for his beliefs in Anycity, USA and the cops don't bother to solve his murder, then they can cry persecution.

When a fundie is fired soley for being a Christian (and by that I mean, just being Christian. Not being in in your face about it), they can cry persecution.

When a fundie is made to sit at the back of the bus just because they are Christian, they can cry persecution,

When a fundie has to use a separate entrance, hospital, water fountain, lunch counter, etc, then they can cry persecution.

When a fundie can truly say that they are discriminated against, when they are truly hated for their beliefs, when they are told they are going to hell, and have stones and mud thrown at them. When they are spit on, cursed at and have doors slammed in their faces by their own families. then they can cry persecution.

If in-laws count as family then I get to cry persecution. I won't though.

Actually, our spring break is timed to coincide with Passover. And also Easter, but Passover is the longer holiday.

And what it is timed to coincide with on years where Passover and Easter don't overlap?

Good Friday off separately from Passover, I think. I'm not entirely sure. Last time that happened, I wasn't in school.

Notice we're all ignoring that Eastern Orthodox Easter sometimes falls on a different day from non Eastern Orthodox Easter. But that's a different kettle of fish, isn't it?

here is a good example of fundy persecution. this happened years ago but I remember Christians protesting when they installed this Japanese temple bell in the convention center. I mean you have to be persecuted to even have bells chasing you.

08593a58.jpg

Yes, but those evil bunnies are PAGAN and those who let their kids do an egg hunt are worshiping pagan gods! They are simply trying to save us all from displeasing God.

Spring break here in the school district my son attends is before Easter break.

doggie, that is a lovely looking bell, I just bet it sounds wonderful with a nice strong but pure sound.

If you were persecuted in this country, every restaurant known to mankind wouldn't be advertising fish like crazy. If you were persecuted, the stockmarket wouldn't have been closed for Good Friday and schools wouldn't have been closed for Easter. You're not persecuted, so shut up.

Today I ordered vegetable biryani at the Indian restaurant on my block, and the cashier asked, "Veggie - oh, for Good Friday, right?" No, I just like veggies, and I've gotta get my chametz in before sundown . . .

doggie, that is a lovely looking bell, I just bet it sounds wonderful with a nice strong but pure sound.

it is cool hardly ever hear it it rings randomly though we used to hear it several miles away. I can't remember er the last time I heard it Does it look like it would scare a fundie though?

I have to wonder if the fundy desire to be (or claim to be) persecuted has to do with their desire to return to the "biblical lifestyle." Since early Christians were persecuted the fundies can't truly be biblical Christians without being persecuted as well.

If fundies really want to be persecuted, then they should go to Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia to do missionary work trying to convert Muslims. Only then would they see that they have it so easy here.

Archived